NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

I'm glad that The Undertaker won!

Can someone tell me what happened with The Rock and John Cena, did they fight or what?

I think Taker prolly has it in his contract that he can't lose at Mania... makes up for not getting as many title reigns as he should have?

I'm glad that The Undertaker won!

Can someone tell me what happened with The Rock and John Cena, did they fight or what?

Cena and Miz went fighting outside of right and both fell over barrier into crowd area knocked out. Ref counts both out declarea match a draw. Rock comes out, GM tries to email, Rock reads a bit then breaks laptop. Rock as Host restarts match and makes it no DQ. Cena and Miz get back in ring, Cena tries to set up for FU (i will not call it by new name), Rock jumps in ring Rockbottoms Cena and Miz gets the Pin.

After Miz celebrates in ring for a bit Rock jumps back in Spinebuster to Miz and Peoples Elbow.

Pretty much it, I wonder is Rock gonna stay around for a bit and have an actual match with Cena on Raw or at the next PPV?

Seriously? That's it? Wow! I was expecting The Rock to intervene and kick Cena's ass considering The Rock was saying he would give Cena an ass-kicking at Wrestlemania on Twitter. That sounded like a major disappointment. I'll still watch the match though...

I caught the first three matches and I thought it was kind of crap. The Rock promised a memorable Wrestlemania and yet the first three was either crap, stupid or slow. I heard it got better though so I may try to find them.

I think Taker prolly has it in his contract that he can't lose at Mania... makes up for not getting as many title reigns as he should have?

Perhaps. Just checking Wiki and he's been WWE Champion 4 times, and Heavy Weight champion 3 times.

So combined he's been top dog 7 times..... where as Edge has been top dog 11 times? that's only 2 less than HHH. To be honest I thought HHH had been champion alot more times, but I guess it's due to the fact that when HHH was champion, he was it for foooking ages.

just seems so fucked up someone as prestigious as The Undertaker has been champion less times than Edge.

(Random but while looking on Wiki at different wrestlers and belts... Bradshaw, has been Hardcore champion 17 times... Crazy!)

Edited by Murr

My thoughts on the show.

I was quite honestly bored for the first half. The Mysterio/Rhodes match fell flat and the crowd was dead. The World Title match was ok, but was shocked to see it go on first. Was pissed off to hear that Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus was a dark match. And what the hell was the 8 man tag about? Pointless.

The show picked up a little for the Cole/Lawler match. Cole is absolutely brilliant in his heel role, and obviously the match was terrible, but Swagger and Austin made it watchable and it was the perfect finish - Lawler got to beat up Cole but now all we'll hear is how Cole beat Lawler at Wrestlemania and we'll never hear the end of it which will make for entertaining TV.

Having Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler call the rest of the PPV took things up a notch. The Taker/HHH match was the best of the night. I was expecting a 30 minute, use every trick in the book brawl and that's what I got, but the storytelling in the match was awesome, like the way Hunter recoiled away in horror after Taker kicked out from the Tombstone. There was a real sense that the streak was in danger, especially seeing as it was a reverse of what happened last year with Michaels struggling to stand up, but I predicted that Taker would win with Hell's Gate.

The title match was okay, but really shouldn't have gone on last. Was good to see Miz win and for the Rock to further his feud with both of them. However, one of the things that disappointed me the most last night was the Rock's involvement. His opening promo was entertaining, but he didn't mention anything about the matches on the show, it was just a generic Rock promo. His backstage segments fell flat, spare the one with Austin and his involvement in the title match was just poorly booked. So, the GM sent a message, he ignored it and ordered the match to continue - did he have the authority to do that? What was the GM going to say? Will the Miz be pleased that he pinned Cena, or would he be annoyed because he was going to be walking out as champ anyway after the double count out? Everything just seemed really rushed toward the end, like they suddenly realised what time it was.

I don't know if it's just me, but other than the Rock's return in February, everything he's done including the pre taped promos with the kid Cena etc, though mildly funny, have just been flat. His response to Cena on last week's Raw was "God himself can't stop me whooping your ass all over Chicago..." Er...okay...more generic-ness. I've actually preferred watching the Miz promos and dare I say it, I think looking past the nostalgia and the catchphrases, stars like Chris Jericho and Miz have actually been better on the mic than the Rock.

And now, where to go after Mania? Once again WWE has shot themselves in the foot. Young stars who were main eventing PPVs six months ago like Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler etc have been brushed aside at Wrestlemania, in favour of bringing back nostalgia acts. With the exception of the Miz and maybe Jack Swagger, no younger star got a rub from their involvement. So in three months time, when HHH and Taker are out recovering from their injuries, the Rock and Austin have left again and we are left with the younger stars who are usually buried by people like Cena and Orton, how are we supposed to take them seriously as main eventers?

I predict another poor summer for WWE

I was half expecting to see a backstage shot of Cole at a laptop revealing him to be the GM.

Google it, he did a promo with swagger saying he is now Mr Wrestlemania... Terrible.

Ok so we dropped a title match and they turned it instead into a 27 man battle royal dark match which was won by the Great Khali... Who defeated shamus to win. But no title was on the line so it didnt matter...

The first match Edge V Alberto Del Rio was ok, not jaw dropping but decent to watch. IMHO Edge was always better in the Tag Team department and they could really use him at the minute. Lasted 11:45

I enjoyed Mysterio V Cody Rhodes i thought they really hit a great hero V heel feel. And i think its a massive compliment for Rey to put over a young star like Cody and hopefully will be the first thing to happen in a big push for him.11:38

The 8 Man tag match was a disgrace to wrestling. I like the comedy and the gimmicks, heck, Santino Marella makes me laugh but not at mania. It just shouldnt happen, it was a cheap way from WWE to shoehorn in 8 people to mania. They could have had it as a 8 man tag team elimination match with the Intercontinal and Tag titles on the line. Whoever pins who wins the belt. Imagine a match where barret gets pinned by kofi, who is pinned by gabriel, who is pinned by show, who is pinned by... you get the picture. It would have moved the belts around nicely and could have all still ended up in the Corre. IMO the biggest waste of talent possible. Lasted 1:27

Orton V CM Punk was ok. Much as was expected, Orton sold the injury well and CM Punk showed he can really wrestle. But was it mania worthy? Really? Really? :)Lasted 14:53

Lawler V Cole was cringe worthy, and Lawler deserved better. I thought he was great at the rumble (i think it was) against Miz for the title but tonight it was flat. Stone Cold seemed annoyed from the start and it made me smile at the amount of curses he was using. No matter what the GM says everyone knows cole lost but i hope the rivalry continues as cole is great on the mic.... (Just less orange, and less perspex cages please). Lasted 14:21

Undertaker V Triple H. This was a great match, worth the £15 on its own. If you like wrestling watch this match, and then watch Shawn Michaels watching the match! Also the entrance from HHH was fantastic. Lasted 29:30

6 Person Mixed Tag Match. Second to last? Honestly? It was a poor match, but just enough T and A and short enough match to hold my interest. Snooki suprised me with her flips and cartwheels at the end, A* for effort to her. Lasted 3:08

Cena V Miz. Horrible match for me. Alex Riley should be banned from life itself, he really seems to steal the light from Miz (Who i actually think IS awesome lol) and Cena didnt seem his usual self like he didnt want to put Miz over and lose his first singles match at mania. The double count out was poor enough but the Rocks interference was also poorly played out and far too obvious. Lasted 14:30 till the double count out

The rock seemed very flat, they should have played the meeting between him and Austin better. Every other promo was pointless, Hornswaggles part should have been given away to add more time into matches as should Pee Wee Hermans part.

A poor Wrestlemania for me and i would give it a 6/10. It would have been a 2/10 if not for Taker V HHH.

Righteo then. That was one of the worst Mania's for a long time.

First things first, the matches were in the wrong order in my opinion. Why put Snooki/Trish/Morrison 2nd to last when that could have been first and the WC match could have taken the 2nd to last slot. Bad call on that. What was the point of the Battle Royale, seriously now what was the point of it. No Money in the Bank, no Intercontinental match, no US Title match (it was a dark match before Mania, doesn't count), no Tag title match and no Diva title matches. Should have had them in really.

Edge vs Del Rio - WC Match - Decent enough match, not jaw-dropping or anything. Decent match, even though i was expecting Del Rio to take the victory.

Mysterio vs Rhodes - A better match really, nice to watch.

Battle Royale - No comment, it was crap. Waste of a slot which could have been used better.

8 Man Tag - Again, waste of a slot. They could have booked the IC and Tag titles on the line in this one, made it last longer and it could have been worth watching. Instead, we got cack once again.

Orton vs Punk - Improving from the past 2 cack piles of so-called matches. Good watch, but it could have been better. Not that it wasn't good already.

Lawler vs Cole - What could have been Lawlers revenge on Cole, turned into something that was plain aweful to watch. The Bret vs Vince match at last years Mania was better than this. Cole can't wrestle for anything, and we saw it. End the computer GM gimmick now, thats run it's course. As i said, all the fans wanted was Lawler to have his way and take the victory. Stone Cold have a few beers with Lawler, before stunning both Cole and Swagger. Instead, Swagger interfierence is "not seen" but Austin stunning him is seen, thus Cole wins. Na. Booked wrong. We all know Lawler won.

Undertaker vs Triple H - This isn't worth words alone, because i don't think words can describe how great this match was. Shows that the veterans can save a show, which was stale already. Perhaps it could show that the veterans are needed still. This was jaw dropping from "go". And shows that the streak was so close to ending, just look at the end. Taker won, but didn't look like a winner to me. He didn't even walk out, but Triple H did. I can see a rematch next year, with both leaving at the end.

Snooki/Trish/Morrison vs Zigger/Laycool - Booked wrong, in the wrong slot. The WC match could have filled this gap, because you can't go from World Class to Flat-line. It doesn't work. Poor match, but Snooki can pull off some moves.

Cena vs Miz (WWE championship) - Meh. Riley should be fired, you can't go around stealing the champions spotlight. That isn't right, but hey. WWE writers thought it was, i didn't think so. I knew Rock would get Cena with a Rock Bottom the moment Cena hit the AA on Rock last week on RAW, it had the words "obvious" and "predictable" written all over it Same for the Spinebuster/Peoples Elbow on Miz.

Overall, taking out the WC, WWE title matchups and the Taker - Triple H match. This was a poor Mania, and something Vince should be ashamed of. Sack the writers, sack the booking crew. Oh hell with it, sack yourself. Go back to the PG-13 era, because matches were watchable. And for heavens sake, put the "Wrestling" back in the company. If that was Wrestlemania, dear oh dear.

On second thoughts, you don't need to go back to the PG-13 era. Just make PPV's more watchable and more meaningful. Mania the top one, so make it top one. You don't need all the gimmick events, to be fair cut one or two PPV's out and give the talent some rest, no wonder they all want to quit and go to TNA and NJPW.

Edited by Jimbob

One small thing that also bothered me was Taker not having a souped up entrance like he usually has for Mania... what was up with that. Triple H had this awesome "For Whom the Bell Tolls" entrance... which I actually thought was Takers at first. But Taker just had a normal one... the very least they could have at some druids with fire torches line the aisle.

The reason the Snooki match was where it was is because the crowd needs time to refresh after such an emotional match. If they'd gone Taker/HHH, then the WC match, then the Cena match, the crowd would have been burned out.

WWE always do this, but not usually at Mania. The last time they did it was WM23 between the Battle of the Billionaires Hair vs Hair match and the Cena/Michaels match, think there was a Diva match on second to last.

Should hear the lie with attendance WWE is coming out with. According to NoDQ and practically any Wrestling news site, WWE said they broke the attendance record in the Georgia Dome with 71,617 beating the previous record of 65,658 which was held by the Backstreet Boys back in 2000. The actual attendance of that concert, which i've checked out (and it is on billboard.com) is 73,337.

Last nights Raw was actually a bit more interesting that Mania :heh:

But the bit at the end with Cena and Rock was fairly good... knew they would try set up a match between the two.... never thought Rock would ask for it at Wrestlemania 28.... wtf, so we have to wait a whole year now? Does this mean Rock is staying with the WWE for the year? I guess though kinda makes sense with Mania in Miami next year, Rocks home town. But still what are they gonna do to keep momentum on a year long rivalry?

I have to agree with the majority here and say that was possibly one of the worst Wrestlemanias I have ever seen. Out of all of the matches, three were good and is it me or was the divas one of the most realistic-looking matches of the night, lmao.

The three matches I liked were Randy Orton v. CM Punk, The Undertaker v. HHH and the Divas one. The rest were just boring or horrible to watch. Who knew that Snooki can actually pull off some cool moves? That surprised me a lot!

I still would have preferred it if Cena and The Rock fought.

Overall, a very poor Wrestlemania, which is a crying shame!

I'm not sure about this. WWE are not exactly great at filling out an angle that lasts for 2 or 3 months, never mind 12. It's not like it was in the eighties where they could keep a feud slow burning for years - they now have 4 hours of TV a week to fill, and they don't have many squash matches vs unknown jobbers any more.

The Rock will make sporadic appearances, but Cena will be wrestling every week, at every PPV and so on, so it's doubtful they'll keep the focus on this match. And what happens if Cena gets injured?

Very risky in my opinion. They'd have been better off doing it at SummerSlam in LA later this year and even that would have been a stretch.

I'm not sure about this. WWE are not exactly great at filling out an angle that lasts for 2 or 3 months, never mind 12. It's not like it was in the eighties where they could keep a feud slow burning for years - they now have 4 hours of TV a week to fill, and they don't have many squash matches vs unknown jobbers any more.

The Rock will make sporadic appearances, but Cena will be wrestling every week, at every PPV and so on, so it's doubtful they'll keep the focus on this match. And what happens if Cena gets injured?

Very risky in my opinion. They'd have been better off doing it at SummerSlam in LA later this year and even that would have been a stretch.

Does Cena have any movies lined up soon? perhaps he'll get Injured and be out of action for quite some time, making his comeback towards the end of the year.

As you say The Rock will come and go throughout the year, perhaps getting involved in other rivals / storylines, but the big one could be end of the year Cena back from injury, everyone knows they're confirmed for Wrestlemania, then work the rivalry / story line from there.

well given The Corres attack on them both last night wonder might they end up tag teaming for a bit :heh:

Is Rock got ay new films in the making this year?

It's a bit far-fetched putting Rock vs Cena at next years Wrestlemania, and quite spooky it is in Miami, Florida. Home of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. As far as i know, both Austin and Rock are resuming their movie careers and probably won't be making appearances for some time.

I was half hoping that Rock vs Cena would be at Summerslam, because it makes more sense to put it on that event. How in the blue heck are WWE going to hold out a years long rivalry until the match, unless they completly forget about it and don't resume it until Royal Rumble and build it up like they did the Bret Hart - Vince McMahon match at last years Mania (26). They way WWE are at the moment, they couldn't hold onto a glass of water without spilling it. Mania 27 wasn't brilliant, it was the worst one for a long time. And perhaps they know from the fans who have sent messages on the facebook page, and via Twitter it wasn't good. And perhaps they have to do something different this time around to make it better.

I doubt that WWE will follow on The Corre attacking Cena and Rock, why do you think they had them both using finishers on The Corre. I think thats the last we shall see of Rock for a few months at least. Unless they surprise us and actually do something.

And, could someone please hit Michael Cole. I was expecting Austin to do something after Cole squirted BBQ sauce all over JR, except pour beer on Cole. I know WWE have made Cole a heel, but he slowly heading down the same route as Vickie of pure hatred amongst fans. I was expecting Booker T or Josh to get up and hit him or something.

Still, RAW was better than Wrestlemania. And they did half ruin the US title match, too many adverts breaking up the action.

A good heel inspires true hatred amongst the fans. Listen to the crowd reaction for Vickie and Michael Cole. It's pure heat, and not go away heat like they had for Mike Adamle a few years ago.

They're great heels. I love Michael Cole's character.

I too am getting fed up with Cole, I thought Austin was gonna drag him out of his little plastic cage and stun him, but all he did was get him wet. Does he make a good heel, yes, but as he's a bloody commentator he has to be in heel mode all the time and it's bloody getting annoyling stupid having to listen to it every week. If he was on the otherside like vickie it would be fine as we'd only have to put up with it for a few mins each show.... but for the whole show ... :mad:

Though I did like how the ref gave the King the win vs Swagger, like pay back for Mania.

Though here's another thing, if King was DQ'd at Mania cuz Austin pushed Cole, shouldn't Cole have been DQ'd first as he slapped and pushed Austin?

Also I think Booker T is getting quite fed up with it too, could hear in his voice on Raw he sounded well sick of it now, haha.

What did everyone think of Sin Cara, bloody good he's finally appeared on TV, his promos must have been going for a few months now.

Interesting that he'd attack Seamus, I just hope Seamus isn't goin to end up jobbing for him. Also don't like that Seamus changed his ring gear colours to red, white and blue just cuz he's the US Champ. Hell he even got stars on his knee pads :heh: I wonder if the WWE made him do that as I know he very much likes forcing home his Irish roots.

Iv been watching wrestling again for about 2 years maybe 3 now. This is its lowest point for me, Wrestlemania should be about ending fueds not keeping them going. Every fued except the Del Rio and Edge one has been carried on.... And we already have 3 matches for Mania 28:

HHH v Undertaker again

Rock v Cena

Sin Cara v Rey Rey (Not confirmed but most likely to happen)

It already looks better than Mania 27.

WWE needs to rejuvenate the tag division and make the IC and USA belts relevant again. I would bring back the European title, and have a battle royal IC/EUR/USA title match with like 20 people. Have the corre win it and split the belts among them as they are a great group.

Also lets have a vacant title again, have Edge get injured and lets see a big tournament for the title.

WM28 with the Rock was beyond obvious for me, he will be inducted into the HoF and wrestle the night after... passing the torch to cena.

I too am getting fed up with Cole, I thought Austin was gonna drag him out of his little plastic cage and stun him, but all he did was get him wet. Does he make a good heel, yes, but as he's a bloody commentator he has to be in heel mode all the time and it's bloody getting annoyling stupid having to listen to it every week. If he was on the otherside like vickie it would be fine as we'd only have to put up with it for a few mins each show.... but for the whole show ...

I just wish WWE would give us a red-button option, so we can shut Cole up without spoiling the crowd reactions to the match taking place in the ring. I wanted Austin to take out Cole, after what he did to JR. No matter what Cole says, he is nowhere near the quality or at the level of Good'Ol JR.

Though I did like how the ref gave the King the win vs Swagger, like pay back for Mania.

Though here's another thing, if King was DQ'd at Mania cuz Austin pushed Cole, shouldn't Cole have been DQ'd first as he slapped and pushed Austin?

Also I think Booker T is getting quite fed up with it too, could hear in his voice on Raw he sounded well sick of it now, haha.

Biased GM i believe. Swagger got involved in the match to begin with, so Lawler should have won at that point. Cole slaps and pushes Austin first, so Austin retaliates as any normal person would. You saw it in the Attitude era between Triple H and Earl Hebner.

There will be a rematch between Cole and Lawler, probably at Extreme Rules. I can see JR being in the corner of Lawler this time around though.

I was half expecting Booker T to get involved and pull the microphone from Cole. The arguements them two have on Smackdown is pretty funny. But, it was obvious Booker T had nearly had enough of Michael "i'm better than most of the roster, and kiss the GM's ass" Cole.

[quote name=Mokong X-C;1301592What did everyone think of Sin Cara' date=' bloody good he's finally appeared on TV, his promos must have been going for a few months now.

Interesting that he'd attack Seamus, I just hope Seamus isn't goin to end up jobbing for him. Also don't like that Seamus changed his ring gear colours to red, white and blue just cuz he's the US Champ. Hell he even got stars on his knee pads :heh: I wonder if the WWE made him do that as I know he very much likes forcing home his Irish roots.[/quote]

Glad he finally made his debut. Impressed with how quick he is, and the way he got into the ring as well. Early days yet, and i'm going to be watching Sin Cara carefully to see what he brings to the WWE.

Iv been watching wrestling again for about 2 years maybe 3 now. This is its lowest point for me, Wrestlemania should be about ending fueds not keeping them going. Every fued except the Del Rio and Edge one has been carried on.... And we already have 3 matches for Mania 28:

HHH v Undertaker again

Rock v Cena

Sin Cara v Rey Rey (Not confirmed but most likely to happen)

It already looks better than Mania 27.

Sounds better than Mania 27 thats for sure. If WWE do it right this time around, it will be better than Mania 27. They need to do a Sin Cara v Rey Mysterio match, that is something i would love to see. It's not often you get to see two high-flyers go one on one these days in WWE.

WWE needs to rejuvenate the tag division and make the IC and USA belts relevant again. I would bring back the European title, and have a battle royal IC/EUR/USA title match with like 20 people. Have the corre win it and split the belts among them as they are a great group.

Also lets have a vacant title again, have Edge get injured and lets see a big tournament for the title.

WM28 with the Rock was beyond obvious for me, he will be inducted into the HoF and wrestle the night after... passing the torch to cena.

WWE need more developed Tag teams, it was a mistake splitting the Hart Dynasty in my opinion. All that leaves is the Usos really, and perhaps Nexus and the Corre. But they are groups really. I loved watching the Tag team matches of old, with such teams like Too Sexy, Hardy Boyz, Headbangers, E+C, Dudley Boys. That is what is missing these days, teams like them.

They don't need more titles, they need to develop either the US or the Intercontinental Belts. Merge them, would make for more interesting matches between both rosters. Have only one belt and focus on that one, then we'd see some great matches again. The European title was a lower mid-card title which was used to develop young stars making the step to the IC title, it wouldn't work if WWE kept both the US and IC titles.

Personally, i would like Rock to beat Cena. Would be great for long-time fans. But WWE would have Cena win, keep the kids happy.

Still think WWE ought to merge the WWE and World belts and the IC/US titles. Focus on one belt for each division.

Anyone watch Tough Enough? I thought it was great, Stone Cold being all bad-ass :D Looking forward to the next ep...

Raw? Well, it was ok...even with Austin and the Rock there! :o Once again, I was looking forward to some real verbal sparring and smack-talking, but no...Like wtf, if you're having the Rock live, then friggin' let him be the Rock and whip some verbal candy ass!

I was half hoping that Rock vs Cena would be at Summerslam, because it makes more sense to put it on that event. How in the blue heck are WWE going to hold out a years long rivalry until the match, unless they completly forget about it and don't resume it until Royal Rumble and build it up like they did the Bret Hart - Vince McMahon match at last years Mania (26).

Exactly...I was thinking SS as well. I mean they're shifting plans all the time anyway, so a match made a year beforehand seems totally ridiculous. Could this be just a work then?

They're great heels. I love Michael Cole's character.

Yeah, Cole can be downright hilarious :D Still, it's a good point...what to do with a such an effective heel, especially when he's an announcer? Vicky is usually involved in some storyline and thus getting in the action, but how to do that with Cole...well, there's always the Raw GM route :o

The problem with shifting Cole off the announce team is that they don't really have anyone strong enough to do it. JR can't due to health reasons, Josh Matthews is ok, but not exactly lead announcer material. Apparently, Scott Stanford (the guy who does the recap shows) is supposed to be impressing management, so he may be pushed up eventually.

I don't like that Cole is lead announcer, as it's hard to take him seriously when he's trying to sell a match where he has no allegiance like HHH/Taker. He should be moved to a manager or the GM role, but they need a strong enough replacement first.

And the less said about Booker "Payback is a Mutha" T on commentary, the better.

This was the worst Wrestlemania ever. I already had low expectations, so it was amazing that it managed to go below even that. Only Undertaker and HHH knew how to make something truly worthy of Wrestlemania.

*sigh* I have low expectations for the next few months...