NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

The Women's Rumble has me excited, it's been a long time coming and i was hoping it would have come into frutition years ago.  I kind of wish i booked the day off tomorrow, was planning to stay up and watch.  But alas, i'll catch-up tomorrow night.

I thought the Rumble was good overall, some fun spots as usual and I'm happy with the winners.

...however:

Spoiler

Ronda Rousey coming out at the end was fucking terrible. Ignoring for a second how stupid she looked everytime she pointed at the Wrestlemania sign, it was just not a good time to debut her. Completely stole the moment from Asuka and the WWE should not have done it that way.

Its also a shame that the commentators never mentioned that it was Piper's jacket she was wearing. All I could think was why is she wearing this jacket that is way too big for her? Sounds like it was a last minute gift from Piper's son.

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I thought the Rumble was good overall, some fun spots as usual and I'm happy with the winners.

...however:

Women's Rumble (Reveal hidden contents)

Ronda Rousey coming out at the end was fucking terrible. Ignoring for a second how stupid she looked everytime she pointed at the Wrestlemania sign, it was just not a good time to debut her. Completely stole the moment from Asuka and the WWE should not have done it that way.

Its also a shame that the commentators never mentioned that it was Piper's jacket she was wearing. All I could think was why is she wearing this jacket that is way too big for her? Sounds like it was a last minute gift from Piper's son.

Spoiler

Same here, i thought bringing out Ronda right at the end to basically steal Asuka's moment was a terrible idea.  Just as i thought WWE couldn't ruin the moment, they did.  I knew they had to pad out the Women's match with veterans, because they only had 18 or so women on the main roster.  So it was nice to see the likes of Trish, Molly, Michelle, Tory and Lita entering the Rumble.

I had initially thought they'd put Ronda in the Rumble at number 30 or something just to eliminate Nia Jax or something, but alas no.  But still, apparently she's got a full-time multi-year deal with the WWE, so will appear each week (unlike the current Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, also former UFC)

Men's Rumble, Nakamura was a great choice for winning.  And we've got potentially AJ Styles main eventing Mania with Nakamura, which will be a great match.  Was surprised to see Hurricane Helms and Rey Mysterio make appearances as well.

Overall, a great Rumble.

So it’s WrestleMania week. Anyone else looking forward the the weekend? As always Takeover looks like the better show, nut there are some great matches for WM that could live up or exceed the hype. 

I'll probably reactivate my Network subscription later this week. Wrestlemania actually looks like it should have some pretty good matches this year. 7 hours though seems too long.

WrestleMania has a tough act to follow after TakeOver. Strong card from top to bottom and it delivered in spades. 

I do think this WM does have a strong card though and should do well. 

I'm not sure what to think with one of these matches

Spoiler

Braun Strowman and a kid called Nicolas (honestly, plucked from the audience and he's about 11 or 12) are the new RAW Tag Team Champions.  I was in fits of laughter, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Ronda can wrestle quite well, nice to see her win (surprised Trips and his ego allowed it)

Lesnar vs Reigns.  Result wasn't as expected, but Reigns got busted up good and proper from a forearm.  Seems Brock isn't going back to UFC and has signed on again with the WWE (sigh!!!).  So who knows how long this reign as a part-timer is going to last.

On 09/04/2018 at 11:19 PM, Jimbob said:

I'm not sure what to think with one of these matches

Spoilers (Hide contents)

Braun Strowman and a kid called Nicolas (honestly, plucked from the audience and he's about 11 or 12) are the new RAW Tag Team Champions.  I was in fits of laughter, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Ronda can wrestle quite well, nice to see her win (surprised Trips and his ego allowed it)

Lesnar vs Reigns.  Result wasn't as expected, but Reigns got busted up good and proper from a forearm.  Seems Brock isn't going back to UFC and has signed on again with the WWE (sigh!!!).  So who knows how long this reign as a part-timer is going to last.

Spoiler

The kid was apparently one of the refs kids. Just a nice WM moment  

I was very impressed with Ronda, as well as Steph in that match  

ugh with Brock winning  I’ve heard he has sing anything from a short term new deal, to a long term deal. And have also heard reports that it allows him to compete in UFC too.

Just sat and watched the Andre the Giant documentary. Brilliant stuff and quite emotional. Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

Still carrying on with my WCW history lessons. Going slowly but I’m currently watching Halloween Havoc 96.

Also considering paying so I can watch New Japan properly. Everything over there sounds amazing and I don’t see enough of it.

Just watched the Andre the Giant documentary. Amazing piece of television. What a rollover coaster of a ride too, chuckles and laughs one minute then your feeling the pain and suffering he dealt with the next. 

Anyone watched/watching NJPW Dominion this weekend? I'm a couple of matches in so far and enjoying it. Unfortunately though I have had a couple of results spoiled for me. 

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Anyone watched/watching NJPW Dominion this weekend? I'm a couple of matches in so far and enjoying it. Unfortunately though I have had a couple of results spoiled for me. 

I've literally just finished watching a highlights vid of the Kenny Omega match.

That guy is something else. A lad at work has been telling me for ages to watch some of Omega's matches and I looked into it this week. The guy is a machine and the events I've watched put WWE's wrestling to shame....not that is a hard thing to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've literally just finished watching a highlights vid of the Kenny Omega match.

That guy is something else. A lad at work has been telling me for ages to watch some of Omega's matches and I looked into it this week. The guy is a machine and the events I've watched put WWE's wrestling to shame....not that is a hard thing to do.

It's a shame he's not going to be at the UK event at the end of this match. Okada is confirmed though which is something.

Went to NJPW Strong Style Evolved UK yesterday. Great show and I ended up with a brilliant seat and perfect view of the ring. Definitely want to start going to more shows. Took a load of photos as well:

L9Vvld4.jpg

nVsO3db.jpg

iKWpuST.jpg

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/Djy05O3

• Like 2

Do or have any of you subscribed to the NJPW World streaming service? I’m thinking about subscribing and was just wondering how it was. Only thing I’ve heard really is to watch out for the billing because they charge at the start of the month regardless of when you sign up and if you cancel you lose access immediately.

EDIT: I signed up anyway, its only around £7 a month and it'll be interesting to go back through a history I know very little about.

Edited by Happenstance

It’s a sad day. I remember The Heart Foundation as one of the great tag teams from that age. 

Loved watching the Hart Foundation as a tag team.

tumblr_no3sg1zmB01sdqajoo1_400.gif

Crazy to think 4 of the 5 members of the Hart Foundation formed in 1997 are dead.

Bulldog, Owen, Neidhart & Pillman. Just Bret left.

• Sad 1

On 13/08/2018 at 9:30 PM, lostmario said:

Loved watching the Hart Foundation as a tag team.

tumblr_no3sg1zmB01sdqajoo1_400.gif

Crazy to think 4 of the 5 members of the Hart Foundation formed in 1997 are dead.

Bulldog, Owen, Neidhart & Pillman. Just Bret left.

More saddening news at a time when we have a lost a few former WWE wrestlers. I used to enjoy the Anvil and his outlandish laugh.  It always frustrated me how WWE used to go on about Bret Hart being Natalya’s Uncle but rarely mentioned her father.  I’m glad they gave him a very respectful and heartfelt tribute on Raw though.

Wow just one member left? I agree that’s just crazy and sad to think!

I'll leave this in here again but maybe it is time we rename this to the Wrestling Thread.

Anyone else planning on watching Wrestle Kingdom 13 on Friday? Looks like it should have some great matches:

Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe and Toru Yano) and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Jeff Cobb and David Finlay vs. Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Beretta and Chuckie T.) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr.) vs. The Elite (Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi and Marty Scurll) - Gauntlet match to determine the #1 contenders to the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship

Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay - Singles match for the NEVER Openweight Championship

Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi and Shingo Takagi) - Three-way tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - Singles match for the British Heavyweight Championship

Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Sanada and Evil) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) - Three-way tag team match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship

Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson - Singles match for the IWGP United States Championship

Kushida (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori - Singles match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White - Singles match

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito - Singles match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi -  Singles match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship