NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Not a WWE fan at all but just wanted to say I signed up to New Japan world. Happy days :)

So CM Punk has signed for UFC....

Brave thing to do at his age. Really wish he signed for new Japan instead though. if it doesn't work out he can always go to Japan afterwards I guess.

Nope, he's never done Japan. He's done backyard wrestling, did a stint in TNA. Did Ring of Honor before going to WWE, where according to him, they killed his love for wrestling. That's what he said on a recent podcast with Colt Cabana. His signing for the UFC is a little surprising for his age, but I wish him the best of luck though. He is considering using his "Cult of Personality" theme when he enters the Octagon.

Out of curiosity, has anyone listened to his podcast?

Out of curiosity, has anyone listened to his podcast?

Punk's podcast? No, but I did listen to the Colt Cabana one where he dished the dirt on WWE.

I've yet to listen to Austins one with Vince, or the Q&A podcast with Punk and Cabana that followed.

any links for the Austin one? Would be interested to hear how Vince reacted to the Punk accusations.

As for him going to UFC... well damn, good luck to him. He's going to need to do a lot to beat Brocks stint in UFC. The event buyrates for Brocks first UFC event was 600,000. The event that followed without him was near 200,000 mark.

Brocks first title match against Courture was over a million buy rates. I don't doubt Punk will be a draw, but looking back at Brock and UFC, he actually had a surprisingly successful stint. Aside from the illness he got in which his intestines were broke and shit was leaking from it to his abdomen. Can't image that's a nice feeling.

I dunno, I can see Punk getting a bit of an ass kicking in the Octagon, where as again looking back on Brocks stint there and watching his matches, he actually looked like he half knew what he was doing.

I listened to both Colt's recent podcasts with Punk, the second one wasn't very good.

I agreed with a lot of Punk's gripes to an extent, but equally it was largely his opinion and all from his point of view, so of course he thinks he deserved to main event wrestlemania. The counter argument to that one would be since when was wrestling ever about making sure CM Punk or any wrestler got what they felt they deserved? The main event is and always has been about who the promoter think will draw him the most.

Punk also said it was a double standard that Brock had shorts sponsors and he couldn't, but it's not an equal comparison, Brock had those sponsors in place before he signed with WWE, so Brock comes with sponsors or not at all. I'm not hating on Punk for wanting to make money, I hope he makes all the money he can, but I do find having sponsored shorts a bit at odds with his characters anti establishment 'Punk' persona.

Additionally I find it very ironic Punk complained about Rock, Brock, Batista etc coming in to WWE to attract a wider audience, taking spots away from full time talent, but now he's going to UFC to widen their auidence at the expense of other established MMA fighters. To be fair to Punk he did say he was happy to start in smaller promotions, and it was Dana White who said the money was in his debut. But if it was a principle Punk felt that strongly about I'm sure he could have insisted on starting his MMa career elsewhere, after all he said money isn't everything.

I enjoyed hearing about the John Cena discussion. I always assumed that Vince would bend over backwards to appease Cena, and it appears that is the case. Again Punk's side of it is all we have. But I imagine that being the case for sure.

And the stuff like they all do the make a wish, but only Cena gets the press for it, or they're all in a meeting room and discussing "what can we make Cena do this week" type thing.

Completely expected it to be that way.

Judging by the quality of the doctors they use, and the number of times Cena has tweeked an old injury, It can't be long till his body just flat out quits on him. Vince and Paul will be completely up shit creek unless they start spreading the pool of talent that they've got out more.

I'm enjoying seeing Harper getting a run with the IC title, and Ziggler has massive crowd appeal.

I hate how when WWE are onto a good thing they put that good thing with Cena..

Bryan goes over.. next week tag team him with Cena

Bray goes over.. fued him with Cena for a burial

Ambrose & Rollins goes over .. team Ambrose with Cena and against Rollins

Ziggler goes over (multiple times) ... make him the main dude in team Cena and they hug it out in victory cause they're bros... fuck that.

Reigns will come back, and no doubt they're already lining up the Cena&Reigns happy friend hour storyline...

Sorry realised I went way off the Punk topic there, but ultimately I can see why that side of it frustrated him so much, as it frustrates me as I type it.

Yeah I do get a lot of his frustrations, but there's so many angles to look at things from I find it hard to have either an entirely pro or against opinion of what he said.

I mean he says they show favouritism to Cena, but then again he is pretty much their top star. He said he outsold Cena on merch, but for how long? Cena's been selling merch and tickets for years and still does. Considering so many people boo Cena, you can see why WWE would want to make him look good, maybe they shouldn't exploit the make a wish thing for publicity at all, but if they're going to do it doesn't it make sense to do it for Cena? It fits his image more than Punk's, who has been a heel half the time, and probably most of his time as champ. Conversely Cena isn't the one striking fans in the stands and calling them homos.

Punk also complained about working hurt but would also insist on finishing matches when WWE tried to help him get out of the Rumble early because he was injured, so he didn't always help himself. But WWE shouldn't have worked him so hard, and should have diagnosed his staph infection.

On the one hand I admire Punk's self belief and determination and that he wanted to look out for himself, like Austin and other's have said, you should be striving to be the top dog in WWE. But then equally the show isn't really about him.

The Austin/Vince podcast is up here:

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

I must be out of touch or something. I'm seeing a lot of negativity towards TLC online, but I thought it was generally pretty good. Sure there was a few short filler matches that were a bit meh, but the big matches all delivered, Ziggler vs Harper could have main evented, as could Cena vs Rollins. Ambrose vs Bray was very good too. Those 3 matches were as good as anything on the NXT show that people are raving about, which was basically a 2 match show. I really don't get it. :confused:

People are probably just mad because Cena won, Cena wins = -5 stars, Cena loses = MOTY.

I'll throw it out there and say that the Ryback vs Kane match was sending me to sleep. It didn't need to be on that far down the schedule at all. And it was just a complete... meh match.

Rusev & Swagger should have had a longer match for sure.

I was surprised with the Big Show vs Rowan match, actually far more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Thought it was a great PPV in honesty aside from Ryback and Everyone's favourite Demon Kane match.

Also I dislike the Uso's, ... and Cena winning was frustrating. He's going to be Brock isn't he. Overcoming all the odds again... :blank:

Not even sure if I want to subscribe anymore with all the crap they put us to. Plus they're charging us £9.99 now instead of £6.99! Also think there should be a free month for people in the UK as we missed out on last years one.

Guess the DFS sale finally ended...............

Bit of a rip off again for the UK, more expensive than the US (once again). Not even sure i'll keep the Network anymore, hardly watch it as it is.

Unfortunately as Wiziwig is now no longer working which was my go to place to get WWE PPV's, I may actually bite and do this.

If it's true from the video that Vinne Mac was on and we do get all the same stuff as USA, then hey yeah I'm happy to pay £10 for classic raws / classic ppvs and new original shows not to mention the monthly PPV.

But... only if that is the case will I do it.

unless anyone knows any other good flash streams for PPVs?

Macho Man in the hall of fame this year as expected.

Well put together video, worth a watch.

It is about time he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, well deserved. Not sure on Hogan inducting him though.

yeah was trying to sign up last night but for some reason there is no Paypal option (the option is there for the US sign up page).

Well it looks like we're not getting shafted in terms of quantity compared to America, so that's pretty good.

Anyone been on yet to see how far the Raw / Smackdown shows go back? Would love to relive the attitude era.

Oh payday is after the rumble... ugh, I may buckle and do it for the Rumble.

I need to have a proper look through in the browser version as the PS4 app is fine if you know what you are looking for but you cant search by year order like you can in a browser.

Anyway, I watched the 2002 Royal Rumble last night and that was good quality. No sign of anywhere to choose what quality you want to watch but thankfully it seems to stream pretty intelligently, unlike some video clients.

Managed to sign into the WWE app last night on my UK PSN account, still going to keep paying the US subscription fees as it's £3 cheaper this way. But at least the UK has the Network at last.

May seem a daft question but what devices can you watch everything on? Once you sign up can you then watch it from any device?

I'm keen to get to for the Rumble, but won't be able to stay up live so hoping I can watch it replayed at some point the next day, so guess I need to check how that works, unless someone knows?