NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

The latest financial report has stated that we will be getting the US version and not tied to Sky in November. I guess we only have a few days to wait.

If that's the case, then that's good. But even if Sky don't get the Network (probably find they are throwing money at the WWE, whom probably need it), i can see them impacting what the Network in the UK will be like e.g no live PPV's as Sky Sports have them.

And if it's exactly the same, i'll keep the US Network as it's £3 cheaper.

News being released that we are getting the full version of the network from November 3rd. Best of all we get the free month too that is happening for new subscribers. And on top of all of that we get it for $9.99. That's dollars not pounds. So will be getting it for around £6.

Actually, that's a very good deal. And one that i would consider swapping from the US to the UK version for.

Now that I like the sound of. I'm going to be very swayed by that if they do add the PPV's to the Network.

EDIT -

So.. just checked on the WWE site, and people are indeed posting in the comments that they've received emails about the Network launching on the 3rd. Including the PPV's...

They've listed the platforms that it'll be available on, but no mention of PS4 in UK.... This concerns me. That's the final piece of the puzzle for me to pull the trigger on this Monday night.

Edited by Murr

Now that I like the sound of. I'm going to be very swayed by that if they do add the PPV's to the Network.

EDIT -

So.. just checked on the WWE site, and people are indeed posting in the comments that they've received emails about the Network launching on the 3rd. Including the PPV's...

They've listed the platforms that it'll be available on, but no mention of PS4 in UK.... This concerns me. That's the final piece of the puzzle for me to pull the trigger on this Monday night.

Reading it myself, i'm assuming it's coming for PS4 because it says "including". I would be assuming there it's every platform, including the named ones.

Does any one know if you can for so many months in advance? Or is it only a month by month thing?

They used to have 6 month commitments in place, 6 months at $9.99. Recently, they had $12.99 month by month deals until now. Which it's now $9.99 a month rolling contracts. I don't think you can buy more than 1 month at a time anymore.

Does anyone know how easy it is to cancel? Netflix its easy as pie, is it similar?

Does anyone know how easy it is to cancel? Netflix its easy as pie, is it similar?

It seems now that the 6 month contract is gone its as simple as logging onto WWE.com, going to your account and then clicking cancel. Just seemed to be a lot of people complaining beforehand that they didnt realise it was a 6 month contract or that they were being charged despite choosing the free trial option.

Lol, never mind:

The launch of WWE Network in the U.K. has been delayed until further notice.

What a bunch of morons. It's down to 2, maybe 3 things i believe

1 - Sky (or another broadcaster) has put a big, last minute offer for exclusive rights to the Network that not even the WWE could resist

2 - Server Issues, they couldn't handle the sign-ups they've had already

or

3 - They are planning on cancelling the Network quietly.

On a slightly funny side, i saw this on Twitter.

1888515_612953968813694_409981067155335461_n.jpg?oh=7295dd90b2ba49fd615bf7f1dbf9ad77&oe=54F6766A&__gda__=1423837062_8ad363db3fce7fa6d4fde6ffc65fcf25

Edited by Jimbob

It was reported that the WWE Network UK launch was delayed at the last minute due to negotiation issues with Sky. Sky has denied this on social media today. They are telling customers that it was WWE's decision to delay the launch and that the WWE Network is an independent service that they won't be providing. F4Wonline.com reports that WWE sources close to the situation insist that it was the ongoing talks with Sky that delayed the launch.

http://nodq.com/wwe/417129816.shtml

The WWE Network In The UK To Reportedly Be A Channel On Sky TV

The WWE Network was scheduled to launch in the UK earlier this week, but fans were left disappointed when the launch was delayed. There was a lot of talk regarding why the delay happened, and all of it was related to negotiations with Sky TV. Sky TV is the home of WWE programming in the UK, and still runs the PPVs there.

A Sky Sports customer service representative informed one of their readers that WWE Network will be launched as a Sky TV channel. The representative stated the following…

“Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV. Currently we don’t have any details but it will be going to be soon… And you will be notified by adv, email or call.”

This will be similar to the Canadian model, in that it will be a channel, but there is no other information available at this time. The Canadian version, through Rogers Cable, airs the schedule of streaming content and offers limited OnDemand content.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/the-wwe-network-in-the-uk-to-reportedly-be-a-channel-on-sky-tv-details-inside-here

....and there goes my interest in the WWE Network

I no longer am believing anything until I hear some word from either WWE or Sky (or whoever runs the channel). We've been messed about way too much and no one seems to know what is actually happening.

I don't think it's so much a case Of McMahon being a Murdoch puppet, simply WWE had a deal with Sky which probably gave them exclusive rights to broadcast WWE content, the network is probably a bit of a legal grey area. Sky likely argued the network it breached their deal and threatened legal action.

Even if WWE could sucessfully argue that the network doesn't breach their agreement with Sky, it would still sour their relationship as the network undercuts Sky Box Office selling PPVs. The independant network was always going to take money out of Sky's pocket, I believe WWE have burned several bridges with PPV partners in the US already (they literally tell the viewer you're a fool to by PPVs outside of the network), I don't see why WWE thought Sky would be any different.

To be fair to Sky they're well within their rights to call WWE on this, although it should have been forseen and sorted out one way or the other ages ago. I don't know how WWE didn't see this issue coming.

Apparently this is what they have done to the ring aprons for the current UK tour:

B130gyeCEAA5RgO.jpg

covering up any mention of the WWE Network.

lol.

Edited by Helmsly

I went to the WWE show in Cardiff on Thursday night, was friggin awesome. Better than in May as this time we booked a hotel and stayed the night meaning I could get hammered drunk before the show, So we were a lot more rowdy and such in the crowd.

amazing seats - 28sa96p.jpg

And Paige actually retweeted one of my pics I tweeted! :heart:

wjce9c.png

Not bad seats at all @Murr

So, Sky are adamant they had nothing to do with the Network delay

Sky TV has sent out emails to several fans stating that the WWE Network will not be its own channel on Sky in the U.K., and that the Network will be an online service.

They also made sure to note that they signed a deal with WWE this year to broadcast their 12 pay-per-view events from January 2015 through 2019 "exclusively in the UK and Ireland."

What i interpreted that as is Sky have made a 5 year deal for the PPV's and the Network probably won't have them, least not Live anyway.

So Survivor Series has just happened, and this happened.

B3LYA5aIIAADmSb.png

It happened.

So Survivor Series has just happened, and this happened.

B3LYA5aIIAADmSb.png

It happened.

Footage of that thing above happening