NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

With Brock Lesnar now the way they've built him up as this unstoppable monster its going to be hard to believe anyone coming in and beating him one on one for the title. If I was writing this story I would have HHH and Steph end up regretting backing Lesnar for the title after they realise they cant control him (or something along those lines) and end up having him lose the title in a triple threat or fatal fourway match where he doesnt actually have to be pinned.

Not a bad shout. Unless the return of Batista is "Plan D" heh? The Beast vs The Animal.

Realistically there is no one on the roster now to topple Brock due to the year he's had.

I'm assuming Reigns is going to be winning the title at Wrestlemania next year unless he has a massive fall from grace. But despite the momentum he has now, even he shouldn't be lined up against Brock. To Build him up so well then to have him lose to Reigns would be bad.

Lets be honest, Night of Champions rematch Cena vs Lesnar... Cena will overcome all the odds, and beat Lesnar won't he :zzz:

Yeah I think Reigns needs more time before he is put up against Lesnar, or even goes for the title to be honest. He definitely has the potential to be the next big thing in the WWE but I think they are possible pushing him just a bit too quickly after the Shield break up. We maybe should have seen an IC title run first just to let him work on his speaking and promos.

Have we heard anything else yet about the WWE Network launching over here? Its supposed to be the 1st of October but thats next week and I still have no idea who I am going to be asked to get it through.

I keep checking everywhere too and no luck in any word. I've read many people say that we are getting the version the US gets, so online and all content, including PPV's, then others saying we'll get a cut down version cause Sky have the rights to the PPV's. I guess we can only wait till WWE release something. I would assume there will be some sort of announcement regarding what we will get in the coming RAW and Smackdown shows.

Just found out that on the iTunes store, the WWE app shows an in app purchase of "6 month auto renew subscription to WWE" for £39.99, which equals around £6.60 a month. Also people have reported that there is an option to change the adress from a U.S. one to a UK one.

Things are looking up for us.

As much as I love WWE, and have done for 20 years, I just can't bring myself to subscribing to the network.

Just found out that on the iTunes store, the WWE app shows an in app purchase of "6 month auto renew subscription to WWE" for £39.99, which equals around £6.60 a month. Also people have reported that there is an option to change the adress from a U.S. one to a UK one.

Things are looking up for us.

Could just be for iTunes for mobile access, but if it crosses over to the UK version of the WWE Network as £6.60 a month then that's a good deal.

Its looking less and less likely that I will be subscribing. I only want it if its the same as the US has.

Network delayed for the UK.

"The launch of WWE Network in the UK will be delayed given discussions with potential partners. A launch date will be announced by November 1,"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/30/wwe-network-has-been-delayed-in-the-uk

Partners eh?

I tell thee one of the partners will probably be Sky. And will be a reduced service (aka no PPV's as Sky have the rights to them on Box Office (at £14.99 a month i think). And i doubt it will be £9.99 a month, probably be more.

If Sky get the Network, i urge everyone whom wants it to subsribe to the US version.

I tell thee one of the partners will probably be Sky. And will be a reduced service (aka no PPV's as Sky have the rights to them on Box Office (at £14.99 a month i think). And i doubt it will be £9.99 a month, probably be more.

If Sky get the Network, i urge everyone whom wants it to subsribe to the US version.

I'm a sky customer, but if I have to pay for the reduced network/service on sky and then PPV's on top of that, I will seriously consider getting the US version, or just obtaining the PPV's another way.

I just wont even bother with the US service. I have no interest in giving them money if we are getting stuck with a lesser service.

I'm a sky customer, but if I have to pay for the reduced network/service on sky and then PPV's on top of that, I will seriously consider getting the US version, or just obtaining the PPV's another way.

For whatever reason, us EU residents get shafted on a lot of things. Gaming is a main one, and probably will on the Network. I can't see Sky allowing PPV's to appear in the UK, we all know Murdock and his eager need for more money.

Any of you know if NXT airs in the UK at all? I've never actually watched it and feel like its about time as I'm always hearing positive stuff about it.

Any of you know if NXT airs in the UK at all? I've never actually watched it and feel like its about time as I'm always hearing positive stuff about it.

Shown before Raw on Monday nights

Ah thanks I'll have to watch that then.

confusingly, WWE's site lists it as Thursday nights at midnight so maybe Mondays is a repeat of that.

confusingly, WWE's site lists it as Thursday nights at midnight so maybe Mondays is a repeat of that.

Yep. I always have the Thursday showing on record. Which I assume is then repeated before Raw the next Monday.

Easily the best WWE show each week.

I've tried watching NXT a few times but I've found it quite overrated when I have. Most of the matches are short and very one sided. Usually the main event is good but that's about it. And I don't think the talent is as good as people say, there was a lot of hype behind people like Paige and Bray (and even Emma :wtf:) coming to Raw, they're decent enough I guess but you'd think they were the second coming of Kurt Angle the way people raved about them. I will say though the one hour is a nice change from the slog a 3 hour Raw can be.

WWE have removed the Six Month Commitment for the WWE network:

No 6-Month Commitment

Great News! WWE Network is now $9.99 per month with no commitment. That's right. You'll continue to get every LIVE pay-per-view, access to our massive on-demand library and more for the same $9.99 per month you currently pay, but without a 6-month commitment!

There is no action is required on your part. On your billing date in December, your WWE Network subscription will automatically convert to a no commitment account and will continue uninterrupted for $9.99 per month, plus applicable taxes.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription, please visit wwe.com/help. wwe.com/help .

Thank you for being a WWE Network subscriber.

Also it'll be free in November:

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/free-in-november-26763463

Related:

WWE Network added 31,000 subscribers in the quarter, representing a 4% increase from June 30, and reached 731,000 subscribers at quarter-end. Subscriber growth reflected the acquisition of 286,000 subscribers, which was 71% above the gross subscriber additions in the period between April 7 (the day after WrestleMania) and June 30 (WWE Network added 182,000 gross subscribers during the April 1- April 6 period, which included WrestleMania). Through September 30, WWE Network had attracted approximately 971,000 unique subscribers with 75% of these subscribers active as of that date.

Well hopefully we will get an announcement on the UK version in the next few days. Looking forward to hearing that we'll be stuck with Sky :(

The latest financial report has stated that we will be getting the US version and not tied to Sky in November. I guess we only have a few days to wait.