NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

And I skipped his bit on Raw, I'll re-watch that tonight.

Rip ultimate warrior , one of the best wrestlers of all time .

But watching his raw speech this morning it seems very clear he knew he would die soon. Some final inspiring words .

Edited by yesteryeargames

Well goddamnit. He didn't seem 100% healthy at either the HoF or Raw, but this is a bit too much...RIP man.

Shocked isn't the word. At least he made peace with the WWE and the McMahon family before his passing. R.I.P.

His speech at the Hall of Fame and on RAW kind of felt like a final farewell for Warrior to his fan base. I'm watching a few Warrior matches on the Network in honor of the legend tonight.

Edited by Jimbob

Just seen the Scorpion Crosslock that Paige does, that is one awesome submission hold.

Watched the Warrior: Ultimate Legend documentary last night. I enjoyed it, last 15 minutes are very sad though.

Watched the Warrior: Ultimate Legend documentary last night. I enjoyed it, last 15 minutes are very sad though.

I can't thank you enough for posting this. I don't have the WWE Network so I've not been able to see it all this time.

Just as you said, the last 15 minutes is very sad. You can see with Vince, he only really realised how much Warrior saw him like a father figure at the end and just as he found that out, Warrior passed away.

This had me welling up a bit. Nice to see WWE portrayed in this light though.

Went to the WWE Wrestlemania Revenge tour last night at Cardiff.

Was incredible, had an awesome spot and Roman Reigns walked right past us to enter the ring. I marked out big time.

Paige was there too :heart: and looked amazing as always.

Bad News Barrett in a fatal 4 way with Jack Swagger, Big E and RVD defending the IC title.

Rusev vs Sin Cara

NXT Title was defended by Neville against Bo Dallas. Geez I don't like Bo at all.

Table match Kane vs Big Show

Danceoff Fandango vs Mark Henry

Shield vs Rybaxl

Reigns vs Orton

Excellent evening and £50 for our seat was a bargain. Right next to the ramp so could see the wrestlers very clearly, not too far back from the ring, and of course as I've said right on the end of the row so that Reigns was literally stood next to me. Loved it.

EDIT - Did a write up here of it with some pictures if anyone is interested - http://geeksleeprinserepeat.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/wwe-wrestlemania-revenge-tour-cardiff/

Edited by Murr

Sounds like you had a good night, i shall read the review once i get home.

@Jimbob guess you watched Payback too?

I once again did a write up on the results if anyone was interested? - http://geeksleeprinserepeat.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/wwe-payback-2014-results/

Just reading on RAW about the results

Shield look to have disbanded! :(

I saw highlights of Payback, i've not been focussed on it since Wrestlemania. Wasn't a bad PPV, some OK moments. But they need to seriously invest in writers and get some proper feuds going again. Remember the attitude era, i'm not saying this needs to come back. But look at the builds for the feuds, you even had promo's for them leading up to PPV's to get you hypped.

As for RAW, well i've read the results as well.

It is a shame (so far). But at least he's on business terms with WWE, and he's saying he wants a match vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

I don't see what the big fuss over Sting is. I never really liked him in the 90s heyday of WCW.

Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania could potentially go down as Takers worse Mania match, he was so unhealthy and unfit in his match with Lesnar at xXx, And rightly so given his age, he shouldn't be doing it. And Sting.... well i've seen the Gifs of him in TNA, he doesn't look like he'd make it down the ramp to the ring without taking a breath, let alone put on a 10/15 minute brawl with Taker.

m4VRv.gif

Still incredibly hyped for 2k15 though :)

Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania could potentially go down as Takers worse Mania match, he was so unhealthy and unfit in his match with Lesnar at xXx, And rightly so given his age, he shouldn't be doing it. And Sting.... well i've seen the Gifs of him in TNA, he doesn't look like he'd make it down the ramp to the ring without taking a breath, let alone put on a 10/15 minute brawl with Taker.

m4VRv.gif

Still incredibly hyped for 2k15 though :)

Will probably be the only way we'll see Sting vs Taker. I doubt very much that Taker would have another match, as you said he looked terrible at Mania 30. I found that match bad on the eyes. And if Taker does decide to have 1 more match, then who knows.

I don't see what the big fuss over Sting is. I never really liked him in the 90s heyday of WCW.

I've never been a fan of Crow Sting. But blonde early-WCW Sting was awesome.

I've never been a fan of Crow Sting. But blonde early-WCW Sting was awesome.

His matches with Flair, Rude & Vader were great, watched a lot of WCW PPVs on youtube over the years as I mainly watched WWF between 1991 and 1996.

I was really into WCW from 1996 to 98 (the nWo years) with Sting taking on the whole nWo each week. Every Friday night at 9pm when Cartoon Network changed to TNT, those were the days.

Great sting vs nWo moments - god wrestling used to be amazing, those crowds

WWE have had their earnings call and have confirmed that the WWE Network will be rolling out to more English speaking countries on the 12th of August. That should mean us so I'm looking forward to finally signing up.

WWE have had their earnings call and have confirmed that the WWE Network will be rolling out to more English speaking countries on the 12th of August. That should mean us so I'm looking forward to finally signing up.

Have they said when they are adding Monday Nitro?

Have they said when they are adding Monday Nitro?

The only ones they mentioned were coming soon were WWE Rivalries and The Monday Night War

Hopefully, i'll probably keep the US subscription i have at present. But it will be great for fans whom have been clamoring for it.

I was reading on Gaf that it's October for us in the UK.

I was quite excited about the whole thing until I realised there's no RAW or Smackdown on the service. I doubt i'll bother with it now.

The financials came out a couple of days ago and it wasn't happy reading. What with that news and the TNA news it seems wrestling is a dying entertainment. I blame Cena. :D

Crazy to think how huge it was when I was younger and now it's a shell of it's former self.