NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Future Endeavours???

Sucks, he's a good talent and needs to be used right.

@Murr You sure? The wrestlinginc coverage says it was a non-title match, so Cesaro should still be the champ...

@Murr You sure? The wrestlinginc coverage says it was a non-title match, so Cesaro should still be the champ...

Oh Sorry guys I mis-read it.

Kofi Kingston will defeat WWE U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro with Trouble in Paradise.

Sorry i just glimpsed over it and saw the defeat part and took it as a belt loss.

Glad he hasn't

Future Endeavours???

He'll be ok, I agree he could be used better but he's just paying dues, he'll be fine.

i dont understand what cesaro has done so wrong lately. First he was very impressive showing feats of strength beating everyone and now hes yodeling and lost his title....and didnt appear on raw or wrestlemania :/

i dont understand what cesaro has done so wrong lately. First he was very impressive showing feats of strength beating everyone and now hes yodeling and lost his title....and didnt appear on raw or wrestlemania :/

I'm not sure it's case case of doing anything wrong, just that you win some, you lose some. If Kofi had lost instead people would probably be saying Kofi hasn't won a big match for a long time instead.

There simply wasn't room for Cesaro on Wrestlemania, they could have made room but I guess he and the US belt just aren't that high a priority at the moment.

Erm guys, Cesaro is still the champion...

Not after Raw last night

:(

Here's a little fun activity for you guys.

If you had to pick your 5 all-time favourite wrestlers, who would they be?

My top 5

1. The Rock
  2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
  3. The Undertaker
  4. Y2J
  5. Kurt Angle

I'll give some of my reasons later on when I come back.

Nice... at first I thought that'd be easy... but now thinking about it, it's not.

I only started watching properly at the introduction of DX / New age outlaws...

Anyways that said I think I could break down 2 lists of all time, and current -

All Time -

1) The Undertaker - Always loved this guy, been in some of the most epic matches, and a vital part of the attitude era.

2) The Rock - Undoubtedly the most electrifying man in sports entertainment,

3) Stone Cold Steve Austin - And that's the bottom line, cause stone cold said so.

4) Kane - Integral to many Undertaker storylines, and seeing as Taker is the greatest, Kane needs to feature in my fave list.

5) hmm... hard to pick a 5th really.

But the 4 picked all had huge HUGE parts of the era of wrestling I watched religiously.

Current -

1) Daniel Bryan - Genuinely a decent wrestler, needs a push again for bigger things.

2) Dolph Ziggler - I think I've started to like him more, due to his stable with Big E & AJ, they're great.

3) Damien Sandow - I like Rhodes Scholars alot, and feel for them they didn't feature at Mania. Sandow Is excellent on the mic, a real character.

4) Antonio Cessaro - Again genuinely a decent wrestler, and probably one of the legitimate strongest on the roster, hope he's lined up for better things.

5) Alberto Del Rio - Not a great face, think he could play a very good heal this time round, is decent wrestler, just needs the right gimmick. But seeing as he just lost the WHC, don't think he'll be in the frame for a while again now.

Rock, Angle and HBK are my top 3, that's easy. And I'll pick Flair too, another easy pick.

Rock is the epitome of a modern professional wrestler, great worker as heel and babyface, over like rover, owned crowds.

Angle may just be the best all round wrestler that ever lived, I can't think of anybody as good as Angle as an amature and as a pro. A phenom.

HBK is so good it's rediculous, his legacy of great matches speak for itself.

Flair was the total package of a worker, great character, pressence, promos and ring work, he had it all.

It's hard to commit to a fith there's so many good guys , I could be boring and say Austin as he's an obvious great but I'm trying to think of somebody I like a bit more personal to me.

Without a doubt HBK is the best of all time there. He doesn't get enough credit for even starting the attitude era before Stone Cold in my opinion. One of the greatest heels of all time and at one time the top dog in the WWF and held entire company together while it was losing for about 2 years.

His matches are amazing too. Not to mention he was involved in the first Ladder Match in the WWe, Hell in a cell, elimination chamber and others I'm not sure I can name.

also one of the most consistant characters in WWE.

Also downside with HBK is him being a religious nutter. But suppose better that than an outrageous druggie.

I’m going down the Murr route here, adding the modern era to my list. I’m also adding the Attitude era as well.

All-Time

Bret Hart

No-one has mentioned him, oh well. I have. His technical ability in-ring is superb, he's had some cracking matches indeed. Look at his Iron Man vs HBK and the IC Title match vs British Bulldog. Well deserved of the Hall of Fame.

Shawn Michaels

Another excellent example of perfection, been a fan for many years. He's been involved in many firsts. Ladder matches, Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber to name a few. His matches have been 2nd to none, some absolute crackers indeed. Especially vs Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Triple H to name a few there.

The Undertaker

A staple of the Attitude Era, again another legendary career right here. And again, involved in firsts for matches. Casket, Hell in a Cell and Buried Alive. He's had some great matches vs Kane, Mankind, HBK and of recent days vs Triple H + Vince McMahon. A top notch career, and another Hall of Fame career right here.

Kurt Angle

Best techical wrestler of all time i believe, and only Olympic gold medal winner to compete in WWE + TNA. He's had some epic matches and has some great athletic abilities indeed. Can't fault him one bit, no wonder he is on of my top wrestlers in the history of the business.

Eddie Guerrero

Need i say more

Attitude Era

Chris Benoit (or Stevie Richards as he is known as)

He's a funny one, his wrestling ability was similar to that of Kurt Angle, but he possessed a more "rough and tumble" feel to it. His matches vs Kurt were great and well worth watching indeed. Former World Champ as well, look past his troubles and you'll find a star well worth a spot in history.

The Rock

I'm not saying his Wrestling is good, he knows how to sell a move. Sometimes too much, if you ask me. His promo's back in the era were 2nd to none, hilarious yet bringing a style of seriousness to it as well.

Triple H

He's had a career worth noting at least, his early days he was looking like a guy who would be future endeavoured if not done something with. But he was a pinnicle to DX with HBK, he was a lead-guy in Evolution and bought a sense of "i mean business" each and everytime he wrestled and spoke.

Chris Jericho

Athletic, agile and yet charasmatic. Same as the Rock, his promo's were excellent and well worth watching. He's the first Undisputed champ and has a great track record. Always loved watching his matches. Can't fault him, and he's prepared to put over talent.

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Probably the star of the attitude era, bigger than the Rock in terms of wrestling and the era in general. His beer-swilling, no nonsence attitude certainly bought a fresh feel to the WWE and it was much needed. A great talent indeed.

Modern-Era

Daniel Bryan

I love his gimmick at the moment, his talent is excellent and he doesn't let the WWE hold him back. He wants to show off, and they let him. Brilliant star, and one who i believe WWE would regret if they ever released him.

Alberto Del Rio

The new Eddie, mixed with JBL. He's got great charisma, a great personality and great in-ring and mic skills. Works better as a heel, but seeing him as a Babyface is certainly different thats for sure.

Dolph Ziggler

People say he should be babyface, i say leave him as a heel. He's brilliant, and what i (and many others) deem as a bright star in the future of WWE. Current WHC, which is much needed. I'm hoping he isn't forgotten about once he loses the title (like Miz, Bryan etc) and put back into mid-card.

Antonio Cesaro

I don't see the issue with him, he's great. But WWE don't see it as that, which is a shame. Maybe he needs a new gimmick to get over with, maybe he needs something to kick-start himself to be more than mid-card. I do dib him as a future MITB winner.

CM Punk

We've all forgotten about him from the looks of things. Best talent on the roster, well established superstar. Which is what WWE need to do with Cesaro, Shield, Bryan etc more. His promo's are/were great. He's got tremendous athletic skills and is great on the microphone.

Here's a little fun activity for you guys.

If you had to pick your 5 all-time favourite wrestlers, who would they be?

Oh Thats easy

1. Ultimate Warrior

Not the best wrestler but he was underrated, watch his Savage, Rude, Dibiase & Hogan (WM6 not HH98) matches. WM7 match vs Savage still my all time fave.

warrior.jpg

2. Macho Man Randy Savage

One of the best wrestlers ever, brilliant as both face & heel, even in his later years, his feud with DDP in WCW was amazing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJQC01-hbqypzZ17XonoVe88YQeiYYag3FvlhorRDM1kaULBb4lw

3. Bret Hart

Best technical wrestler, no doubt.

Brethart_585.jpg

4. Sting

The crow gimmick and his feud with the nWo in 96-97.

Crow.jpg

5. Mr Perfect

One of the all time greats

perfect.jpg

I will post my top 5 list later but I can't believe the lack of Goldberg love!!!

I will post my top 5 list later but I can't believe the lack of Goldberg love!!!

He lost points on my list, after all his boot did kind of end Bret Hart's career in WCW.

Plus Goldberg can't wrestle and was basically a big guy for WCW. I'm not saying i don't like him, he just doesn't warrent my top 5. Maybe top 10, but certainly a top 20.

Goldberg may not have been the greatest mat wrestler in the world, but he did what he could do well and that was short, high impact matches. He was bloody strong as well, I remember him picking up Big Show in the Jackhammer on Nitro.

Goldberg had the perfect gimmick for his abilities and that's one of the reasons why he was so popular. Back in 1998, Goldberg was arguably the biggest draw in wrestling, alongside Stone Cold Steve Austin. The crowd would go absolutely nuts every time he came out. The crowd reaction when he won the WHC against Hogan is just something else. And he did have some pretty good matches against DDP, Raven, Sting and Perry Saturn to name a few.

(Raven is awesome and underrated)

Anyway, as you may be able to tell, I was a massive WCW fan back in the day and watched Nitro every week from 1997 to 1999. I was very sad when Vince bought WCW, and in hindsight wrestling hasn't been the same since.

I'm not sure who my top 5 would be, but my favourites are:

Sting (greatest wrestler never to have worked for the WWF)

Eddie Guerrero

Ric Flair

Bret Hart

Rey Mysterio

Chris Jericho

Chris Benoit

Dean Malenko

The Steiner Brothers

Goldberg

William Regal

and for WWE:

The Undertaker

Kurt Angle

Micky Foley

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Rock

Nowadays my favourites are Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

I wouldn't have Goldberg in my top 5 but I am a fan of Goldberg.

I think he gets unfairly knocked by some for not being a ring technician, but there was more to him than just spears and jack hammers, he did various slams, strikes and submissions, and a standing back flip!

He was credible and gave a big fight feel to his matches.

The jack hammer on Big Show was goose pimple stuff too.

Also am I the only one that prefers blond Sting to Crow Sting? Maybe it's just he had better opponents then but for me there's no comparison, blonde Sting all the way.

Goldberg jack hammering Hogan for the title might be the biggest pop I've ever seen

I remember watching that on the Friday on TNT, crowd were on fire that night. Was in the Georgia Dome wasn't it? 50K crowd for Nitro, those were the days.

I guess my all time favourites are Chris Benoit (personal life aside), Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Edge, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. The Hardy Boyz also count, as a tag team.

I suppose Daniel Bryan is a good candidate for this list, too.

Steve Austin and Randy Orton are kind of "meh" for me. Also Ric Flair, though to a much lesser extent. never liked Kevin Nash, either.

If we're talking "overrated by the company", then John Cena and Triple H, definitely. There's Lashley too, though he only lasted a short while. And Sting in TNA.

How about most overrated 5?

Much easier, in no particular order

1. John Cena

2. Goldberg

3. Val Venus

4. Hulk Hogan

5. Scott Steiner

Much easier, in no particular order

1. John Cena

2. Goldberg

3. Val Venus

4. Hulk Hogan

5. Scott Steiner

Lol, Val Venus. What a joke.

Lol, Val Venus. What a joke.

I even liked Gangrel better than him... and I hated Gangrel (put me off as a kid).