NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

I kind of prefer the new belt, actually. I can't say for sure until I've seen someone carry it properly, but it does look like a streamlined, practical version of the horribly bling-y Spinner.

I'm not opposed to the new belt, I just don't like the massive WWE logo right in the middle of it. Why not just have a large globe like the old belts in the middle, and have a smaller WWE logo somewhere.

I did see this image posted on another forum of the belt without the bulls on the side

LDYWmDO.png

Presumably they are interchangeable. Have to say it looks better in that image.

Yeah I've read that the "side parts" are interchangeable. So if CM Punk is champion, Not sure if he'd have the standard WWE logo from the picture above, or his fist logo.

So rather than have a name on the belt of the champion, it'd be the logo of the wrestler if they have one.

Ugly as, i swear when being asked to create a new belt, the design was a quick design drawn up by Vince. Who probably said "i want this in the middle and something nice on the outside". Turns out the design team are as lazy as creative.

Oh, and @Jonnas. You wanted to see someone wear it properly. Close enough.

vat5rXH.jpg

Edited by Jimbob

Just from the photo, I can tell it does look much better than the Spinner.

I'm definitely warming up to its design, and now I'm wondering what future champions will do with the side emblems.

It does look better than the spinner, and from watching RAW earlier, they "unlocked the spin" 1 more time. I'm warming to it, i just don't like how plain it looks compared to earlier incarnations.

I think the main problem with the new design is the black background, it makes the belt look hollow and cheaper than a full gold plate. Still, nice segment, the Rock dissing John Cena and Punk "killing" him and the belt at the end : D It's about time they got rid of the spinner one, it had Cena written all over it... o_O The changeable side parts are also a very good idea, any champion can customise the belt now without a total redesign...

Speaking of renewing belts, how about the tag belts? I don't know what they were thinking when redesigning those, but the bronze coating was a horrible choice. Now they look way cheaper than any other belts, like wtf...

The Shield pulled through once again I see, quite surprised. Looking forward to what they do with the group, the momentum's getting rather big...

So glad they didn't fire Paul Heyman, a match with Vince will be much more fun : D

I like the tag team belts design with the Spartans on it, but yeah the general bronzing of them is pretty hideous.

Also not keen on the Intercontinental belt being white, the actual strap part. The design is great, but the white just doesn't fit with me.

They went retro with the Intercontinental title, i couldn't see why going retro with the WWE title wouldn't have worked. Seeing the winged eagle or the Attitude era belt return would have been nice.

The Tag titles need to be "golded" up, bronze looks cheap and dirty to me.

I have no idea why WWE don't abandon the US title, it is a joke. On most PPV's, it's a pre-show match. Why isn't it on the card. The title is like the Diva's Division, pointless if it carries on the way it's going. May as well bring back the European title if it's going on pre-shows and/or low on the card.

Swagger vs Del Rio WHC match, expect it to be first on the card at Mania. Don't expect to see it anywhere else.

Yeah they need to unify the WHC and the WWE Championship again now that the rosters aren't split per show. Seeing the WHC as the opener at Elimination Chamber was a bit of an insult to the belt.

Unify WHC & WWE to one Belt

Bring back the European Championship so more mid-card roster have a shot at a belt.

Just from the month I've got back into it, it seems there aren't people big enough to contest the Main WWE belt, let alone having 2 'Big titles'

European / US / Intercontinental ... keep all / Bring back all 3. There are a lot of people who could contest for these belts. Miz, Sheamus, Bryan, Ziggler.... Heck even Kane (he doesn't appear to be getting a big title shot anytime soon by the look of it).

Would mean the belts are more prestigious to hold.

PPV's along the lines of -

Opener - WWE Tag Championship

Some form of rival / story related / gimmick match

European Title

US Title

Intercontinental Title

Main Event - Unified - Bonified - Ultimate WWE Title

*forgot the divas division unless they can get talent like Lita, Stratus, Ivory, etc again

I totally agree with Ville, the black background spoils the look of the new belt, not a big fan of it but it's still better than the old one.

The World Heavyweight and WWE belt were equals for a bit, and the people involved and the angles would decide which was main event. But currently Smackdown is presented as a second tier show so the World Heavyweight title is a second tier title as a result. It's basically what the IC title used to be, making the actual IC title and US title even more worthless.

THe WWE and WH titles should be united now in my opinion. It's like WWE are trying to have their cake and eat it by having two champions but they just devalue each other in my eyes.

Bringing in the European title to run alongside the existing titles, na. Would make the US more pointless. I'd say get rid of the US title and replace it with the European.

Unifying the WWE/World belt is obvious, but alas it won't be done. The talent available for contention for both titles isn't enough. Having only 1 main belt would give it value once more, like it was after the Invasion angle. We'd finally have decent matches. And more people to face super Cena once he's reclaimed the WWE title belt.

And with the number of lightweights in WWE, i'd say bring back the Cruiserweight belt.

Man I forgot about the cruiser weight belt. That was a really awesome division. So many high flying moves.

Memories of Funaki, Crash Holly etc wow.

God-Damn PG Rated WWE... Bring back the hardcore title! Some of the most entertaining matches ever when they'd trail backstage and use ANYTHING to beat the snot out of each other.

Funaki, Smackdown Number 1 Announcer!!.

The Hardcore title was classic. I remember the 3 Mania Hardcore matchups very well, mainly because of the chaos. The Battle Royale at Mania 16, Kane vs Big Show vs Raven at Mania 17 and the all out match at Mania 18. Crash Hollys 24/7 ruling made some great moments indeed.

I'm unsure about this new belt design, I was always a fan of the winged eagle belt they used in the late 80's and most of the 90's and part of me hoped that was coming back (since they brought back the Intercontinental belt from that era too)

wwe-belts-7.jpg

Man I forgot about the cruiser weight belt. That was a really awesome division. So many high flying moves.

Memories of Funaki, Crash Holly etc wow.

God-Damn PG Rated WWE... Bring back the hardcore title! Some of the most entertaining matches ever when they'd trail backstage and use ANYTHING to beat the snot out of each other.

Hardcore Title was the Best belt

p-wwe-hardcore-championship-replica.jpg

+ 24/7 Rule

They should bring it back just for the LOL moments, would be good seeing it again though. Why they went PG I Don't know, it sucks.

They should bring it back just for the LOL moments, would be good seeing it again though. Why they went PG I Don't know, it sucks.

More money when you can market everything to the kids as well? Also, not sure if Linda McMahon's political campaigns had anything to do with this... o_O

WWE Star Jack Swagger Arrested on Traffic and Marijuana Violations

Before Jack Swagger battles Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight title at WrestleMania, he is apparently going to have to learn how to better carry himself outside of the ring.

According to a report by TMZ, the Elimination Chamber winner was arrested Tuesday night after being pulled over in Mississippi:

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.

According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.

He was later released "on his own recognizance," but not before being charged with DUI, marijuana possession and speeding.

Nevertheless, the WWE doesn't seem to be too concerned with the incident.

According to the report, the company told TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

Swagger, of course, returned to the WWE earlier this month after a lengthy hiatus, and has quickly skyrocketed to the top of the company.

Fresh with a xenophobic gimmick and a kayfabe uncle—Zeb Colter—who is dynamite on the mic, Swagger defeated Zack Ryder for a spot in the Elimination Chamber and proceeded to roll up Randy Orton for a title shot at the biggest PPV of the year.

Still, even with the recent momentum that Swagger has gained as a heel, this isn't how he should be carrying himself "off stage."

The WWE may have played it fairly nonchalant with its statement, but Vince McMahon doesn't need his biggest stars representing the company by getting arrested in their off-time.

For now, don't expect anything major to come of this, but if Swagger finds himself in any more trouble in the near future, his time as a title contender could quickly come to end after WrestleMania.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537252-wwe-star-jack-swagger-arrested-on-traffic-and-marijuana-violations

Oh Dear, oh Dear

Good lord...I had my doubts about the whole Swagger / Del Rio feud, and now this. Guess we have to wait until Monday and see what happens... o_O

Btw, what's the deal with Dolph Ziggler? Isn't his MitB contract valid only until Wrestlemania? If so, in what friggin' time is he gonna cash it in? : o Feels like he has been pushed on and off through the year, like the WWE doesn't want him to be a world champion...

I remember when RVD was found driving with marijuana. Dude had two main belts, got stripped of both of them at the earliest occasion, got suspended for a month, and his absence pretty much screwed their long-term plans for the ECW brand (that was re-launching at the time).

If Jack Swagger isn't reprimanded in some way, I will be very disappointed.

Good lord...I had my doubts about the whole Swagger / Del Rio feud, and now this. Guess we have to wait until Monday and see what happens... o_O

Btw, what's the deal with Dolph Ziggler? Isn't his MitB contract valid only until Wrestlemania? If so, in what friggin' time is he gonna cash it in? : o Feels like he has been pushed on and off through the year, like the WWE doesn't want him to be a world champion...

I see rock retaining and zig cashing in for a cheap win at the end. That has happened before right?

Jack, dear me. Cheers, now we got another Big Show vs Del Rio match at Mania.

Regarding the Hardcore Championship, some classics right here

Ziggler better cash in soon

No watched wwe for years, i just got sky on my mobile , is the rock back wrestling ? what i miss lol

The Rock's back and is WWE Champion!