NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

But they've been hyping that match for the whole year even if you didn't see many episodes all the WM28 promos and posters have featured those two as it was of course the only confirmed match at the time.... it's also in Miami the Rocks hometown.

I just hope they don't do something silly like have Cena win :heh:

I just hope they don't do something silly like have Cena win :heh:

Course they will. It'll be a passing of the torch so to speak. Like Hogan/Rock at WM18

Honestly, i want Rock to win that match. Would make more sense, have the old Lion beat the younger Lion showing that he still has it. People are bored of "Super Cena", so having him win at Mania in my opinion, would probably turn more people away as it were.

Sheamus winning the Rumble is good for his current push he is recieving. Ever since coming over to Smackdown last year, him and Daniel Bryan have been on a roll as of late. So it is deserved for him to win the Rumble, and most likely to face Bryan at Mania for the WHC. Jericho seems likely to face CM Punk, the seeds are being planted for that already, so it looks likely as well.

Seeing Taker return last week, 1/2 expected it but unsurprised none the less. You could tell that was a wig, it didn't suit him at all

wm28 is shaping up to look awesome this year......unless they have great khali win the title at elim chamber ;)

wm28 is shaping up to look awesome this year......unless they have great khali win the title at elim chamber ;)

Yeah what was up with taking Henry out of the Chamber match?

Did he pic up an injury at the Rumble?

I'm hoping either Big Show or Orton win the Heavyweight Title. I would much prefer either of them vs Seamus at WM28 for the title than Bryan.

I liked him before he became Champ, but never really thought it was World Champ material yet (maybe Inter Champ would have suited more). And with his character change and the way he's been "winning" matches lately he's become boring to me.

And his "Yes Yes Yes Yes" thing just screams "I can't think of anything else to say so I'll look like a tool instead" :heh:

Although I suppose it would be good to see Seamus beat the shit out of him and take the title:indeed:

can't see why you would want the best technical wrestler in the WWE to drop the title before 'Mania.

The only way I'd want that to go down is if he then got to fight Punk at WM which has no chance of happening since it looks like they're giving that honour to Jericho.

Seeing Taker return last week, 1/2 expected it but unsurprised none the less. You could tell that was a wig, it didn't suit him at all

It really was an awful wig!

Kanes wig looks alright, but takers just looks silly

It really was an awful wig!

Kanes wig looks alright, but takers just looks silly

I couldn't agree more. At least with Kane, i know he is growing his hair a little as well. But at least the wig sits well, unless he's gone bald again.

Awesome! I'm so glad The Rock is back. I haven't watched WWE for years but I've been watching all of The Rocks promos since his return.

Yeah that was pretty awesome, nobody cuts a promo quite like the Rock.

I did enjoy Cena going back to his old character for a bit at the start but then it was just forgotten about for the rest of the show and The Rock totally blew him away.

Really looking forward to Mania this year.

Also liking the build up to the Taker vs HHH match. Though with HBK as the ref that could either make or break the match. If HBK screws Taker and it isn't a "Pure" defeat as Taker put it, it really won't feel right for the Streak to end in such a way.

Awesome concert : D After last week, was a bit worried if the Rock was losing his touch, but maybe it was just intentional storyline burying...because that rocked! Cena was good too, nice to see that kind of throwback every now and then!

Nah. The build up to this match has been terrible. It's far too juvenile, and WWE probably thinks they've already sold WM based on the fact that these two are having a match alone. There's no intensity, no hatred brewing up - it's just like two schoolkids in a yo' momma slanging match, it's just not interesting at all.

Compare this concert to the WM19 build up. If Rock was insulting Cena's mum, really shouldn't Cena have come out and there'd have been a little physicality, which could have been broken up by security or something.

Or even the WM X8 build up of Rock vs Hogan

Two guys. Hating each other. Dying to get their hands on each other. That's what sells matches, not this shit.

Edited by Dog-amoto

If Rock was insulting Cena's mum, really shouldn't Cena have come out and there'd have been a little physicality, which could have been broken up by security or something.

Indeed I was expecting Cena to come out and interupt at least... actually when they first mentioned the Concert vs The Rap thing I though both would be in the ring at the same time doing their bits.

I'm thinking they are just trying to save The Rock's in ring abilities till Mania, kinda keep people thinking "it;s been so long since he wrestled regularly will he still have it?" kinda thing

Indeed I was expecting Cena to come out and interupt at least... actually when they first mentioned the Concert vs The Rap thing I though both would be in the ring at the same time doing their bits.

I'm thinking they are just trying to save The Rock's in ring abilities till Mania, kinda keep people thinking "it;s been so long since he wrestled regularly will he still have it?" kinda thing

Which does kind of make me want Rock to win. Comes back, beats Cena, shows he still got what it takes. It would make more sense to have Rock win, keep the long-time fans and the ones who are bored of Cena happy. And, if they are intending to have more match-ups, it makes sense to have Rock win at Mania.

I'm also loving the Rock being back. I have watched RAW every week since he came back. Works on me! I loved the history lessons and the rock concert was legendary.

I do agree it is not the best build up for a fight though. It is funny and i love it, but they really need to use the last few weeks now to build up tension. They are both talking smack and not physically retaliating in any way, so they need to sort that out, without giving too much of the Rock's ability away (though we know he's still got it!).

Motivation behind the fight is lacking. Why is Rock even facing Cena? Just sick of him being the face of WWE? It needs more substance if it wants to avoid an anti-climax.

Having said that, it is quite nice to see some quality entertainment back on the show. It brought me back that's for sure. There's no-one like the Rock :D

has the rock retired from screen acting? I was hoping he'd do something like Walking Tall again some time, rather than the bullshit he'd been doing of late :( loved that movie!

has the rock retired from screen acting? I was hoping he'd do something like Walking Tall again some time, rather than the bullshit he'd been doing of late :( loved that movie!

No, he's still working on a fair few films.... I guess Vince McMahon just chucked a wad of cash at him to get him to do some more WWE stuff... though I gotta admit I would like to see him give up the acting if even just for a full year (or two) to have him be a proper regular again on the WWE shows

That is a quality film. So simple and brutal at the same time.

I recently saw Scorpian King on tele as well for the first time. Not a bad little film either. Some great action scenes.

I think he has struggled getting good roles to be honest. Hard to shake the Rocky image. He made the mistake of doing family films too, hence the constant Tooth Fairy jibes he gets now in WWE. And the less said about Doom the better.

He was however pretty cool in Fast Five, and i did like Welcome to the Jungle. He needs more roles like that, as a cop/FBI/agent/army/assassin or something. Action movies basically, or even horrors. I'm not sure he can get back in though. Isn't his latest film that adventure one? He is well and truly sucked-in to the Disney side.

Maybe a year out in WWE will do him good, though it will never happen.

I actually didn't mind his kiddy films. I really love The Game Plan. :) One of my favourite movies that The Rock featured in is probably Gridiron Gang. Check it out. If you want to see him kick butt then I highly recommend Faster, he's hard as nails in that film.

I remember when Welcome to the Jungle ( The Rundown in yankee land )came out on dvd in the US. I instantly imported it and me and my mates watched it as soon as it arrived. The last section of that film, where The Rock just unleashes was pure epic and was watched numerous times. One of the lads brought his girl and she was losing her head with us because we kept rewinding and watching it over and over. :D

Havn't seen many of his movies, only ones i've seen are Faster, Scorpion King and Welcome to the Jungle. Obviously, his appearance in "The Mummy Returns" counts as well, a good movie. All good movies, especially Faster. It's this genre that suits Dwayne well, ignoring the Disney movies and Doom.

So Wrestlemania 28 is just around the corner, who is watching? Expectations? Predictions?

I've ordered it but will likely not watch live and just sky plus it and turn it on when I wake up.

Matches

John Cena vs The Rock

20120307_WM28_rock_cena.jpg

The One year hype could have been done better and really needed some proper physicallity towards the end which didn't happen, but at least we got some pure classic Rock promos. I can only imagine that they will have Cena win it but I'm still gonna root for the Rock. But at the very least I reckon, whatever people think of Cena, I think this should be a good match with lots of tension towards the end.

Undertaker vs Triple H

(Hell in a Cell Match with Shawn Michaels as Guest Ref)

20120308_WM28_taker_hhh_C.jpg

Certianly has great potential to be a great match. The additions of the Cell and HBK certainly make you think this could be the year Taker loses. If he does lose I just hope (as he put it himself) it is a Pure defeat and that HBK doesn't abuse his power as ref cause that would suck. Though I am fully expecting HBK to pull some stunts during the match, such as refusing to count or hitting one (or both) competitors... actually I can fully see hit at some point Sweet Chining both HHH and Taker but hopefully whatever he does doesn't have major impact on the result. My prediction: Taker to go 20 - 0

WWE Championship Match:

CM Punk (Champ) vs Chris Jericho

CMPunk%20Jericho%20WM2.jpg

I've enjoyed the build up for this one. Always enjoy watching Punk fight too. Should be a good match. I'm hoping for a Punk win but can see Jericho taking the title as it feels like a title change is due. That said still backing Punk to win.

World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan (Champ) vs Seamus

SheamusBryan%20WM28.jpg

I'm sure anyone can guess my prediction for this match. Of course I'm going for a Seamus win and new champ. He's been getting a huge push lately and just seems it would be such an anti climax if he doesn't win this one. Have hated Bryan since his heel switch (which I guess was the idea), while he's still good in the ring I just don't think he pulls off a "good" heel character in his promos and just makes me cringe.

So yeah a fighting Irish win and hopefully leaving Bryan a broken man :heh:

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes (Champ) vs Big Show

CodyShow%20WM28.jpg

Again enjoyed the build up for this one. Cody makes such a great heel. But really hoping Big Show wins this one, firstly cause I think the Intercontinental title is well overdue some change. But at least they remembered about it for Mania as it's been pretty much forgotten about since Cody won it. Plus I never thought about it till Cody pointed it out but Show has had an awful record at Mania it would be great for him to get this one success :heh: So Show to win for me.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy

20120326_wm28_TeamJohnny_SwapDrew_article_C.jpg

I'm actually looking forward to this match and REALL REALLY hoping for a Team Teddy win as I bloody HATE Johnny. Not just because I'm meant to (since he's a heel) but I just actually hate him as a character, he's got no personality and cannot carry a promo, his voice sounds so shakey it sounds like he's constantly nervuos whenever he's on the mic. I would be so happy to never see him again if team Teddy wins this. That said though, on paper Team Johnny does seem to have the advantage, but with the push Santino has been getting lately wouldn't be surprised if he was the last survivor of Team Teddy and beat like 3 people to win the match. Shame Christian got injured though, was looking forward to seeing him return, but glad to see Drew get into this, such a shame he's been relegated a lot lately. Would love to see him and Seamus either fueding or tag teaming in the future (or both).

Also surprised Brodis Clay didn't get into Team Teddy, he's been getting a massive push since his Character change and with no set rivalry this match would have been perfect for him to be part of Mania. Though I'm sure they'll prolly have him come out during some sort of intermission bit and dance with his girls but that still feels like a waste. He really should be in this match and was expecting him as Teddys 6th man not Booker T :heh:

Kave vs Randy Orton

20120319_WM28_kane_orton_C.jpg

This feels like a filler match, like the writers couldn't think of anything to do with Kane and Orton this year so went, hey lets have them fight.... but why?... oh Kane shook Randys hand months ago lets say Kane is angry about that :heh:

Meh, Kane to win :heh:

Womens match :yawn:

20120319_WM28_match_previews_KellyMaria-EveBeth_C.jpg

This is just the traditional "lets get a celeb in the ring" thing so the Celebs team (i don't even know who she is :heh:) will likely win.... why didn't they just have a normal match for the title, Beth vs Kelly or something?

Just to add some extra relevance to this match I'm hoping Karma makes a proper return and attacks Beth after (or during) the match.

WWE Tag Title Triple Threat

20120330_article_wm28_triplethreat_C.jpg

I didn't even know this match was happening, and was getting ready to post a paragraph complaining about the lack of attention the Tag Titles have had in the run up to Mania... though it seems like this will be a dark match that will take place before the televised event begins which is a shame. I hate how they don't pay enough attention or effort to titles that aren't the WWE or World Heavyweight titles :mad:

Oh yeah prediction: I'm gonna say The Usos

Edited by Mokong

Everything upto and including the IC title match has the potential for greatness. Obviously, the 2 matches i'm most interested in are Cena vs Rock and Triple H vs Undertaker. I'm hoping Rock wins, but i have this feeling that they'll have Super Cena win. It's in Miami, so it would make sense to have Rock win. Plus if they are having another match, it makes sense.

Taker vs Triple H (w/t HBK as ref). Taker wants a pure win, but i have a feeling that HBK will either superkick both or kick one of them. Which could result in the other taking out HBK or something. Triple H nearly beat Taker last year, even though he lost, Triple H walked out the arena. Whilst Taker did not, which shows how much this streak means to Taker.

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan. Well, Sheamus should win this one. It's quite clear really, AJ keeps jumping in the way to protect Daniel from harm. She'll either get in the way of a kick, or be banned form ringside. It should be a good match though, and something different than the usual title matches we've seen over the past years.

CM Punk vs Jericho. Jericho needs to win, Punks kept the title for a while now and it's needed for a fresh holder now. Should be an epic match, both are very talented individuals.

Big Show vs Cody. It's about time the IC title was back on the card, Show should hopefully win here. His mania track record isn't the best, so this may be his chance to rectify that tonight.

The rest (Team Johnny vs Team Long, Kane vs Orton, the Diva's match (which is a waste anyway these days) and the Tag title match) seem like a waste really.

Since Kane has come back with the mask, it started off well with the rivalry with Cena. Now, it seems a waste of potential. Orton began the year as World Champ, and now is in the mid-card area. I understand the idea to get new champions on the scene, but keeping Orton in the picture is ideal still.

Don't even get me started on the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny match. On paper, it looks like Team Johnny will take it. Coming from a few weeks ago when Johnny was about to be "Future Endevoured" he could take the GM roles for both shows. He can't do a promo, he annoys me as well.

Diva's match. Like you mentioned, it's just a way to get a celebrity on the card. Why can't they be a guest ref or something.

And why isn't the Tag title match on the Live broadcase, why is it a dark match. Shows that they've completly lost the plot with the titles.

From bottom to top -

Tag title match - Epico and Primo. I don't think they will change the tag titles in a dark match twice in a row.

Divas tag match - K2 and celeb. Because NO ONE EVEN CARES.

Kane v orton - Silly match, crap build up. It's only there to get orton on the card so he wins for me.

Team johnny v team teddy - team johnny wins this. Easy to pick this one, he will defo win and let's be honest, has been quite entertaining lately. So has otunga.

Rhodes v show - Tough one. Show is already above IC title status do I dont see what having him take the strap could achieve. I do think Cody is almost at main event status now though so he gets the nod from me maybe dropping the belt next raw to someone like jack swagger.

WHC D Bry v Shamus - Shamus. Same reason as makong (sp). His push is too big to not have a payoff.

WWE champ CM Punk v Jericho - Jericho to win. There is more money in the face chasing the heel and I think this would be a great feud to build to summer slam.

Taker v HHH - taker wins. I don't think he will ever lose his streak HOWEVER I don't think he will get a clean win. Watch shawn michaels interfere first to have the odds evened by someone like Brock lesnar. Taker with all his rage sets up a match against lesnar at next years mania :)

Rock v cena - rock to win. Il be cheering for cena but I only see a rock win here. Rematch at summerslam and again at be t years mania.

Card looks good and solid should be a great night.

Also Daniel Bryan is an amazing heel!

Pissed off that they omitted MitB again as I'm not looking forward to the 12 man tag at all. Apparently, they cancelled it because of Wade Barrett being injured, which is a pretty flimsy excuse. But this was usually the best match on the undercard and having two matches at the summer PPV instead takes the shine off it. Can you imagine them having two Royal Rumble matches for both Raw and SmackDown?

Anyway, obviously the two biggest matches are Cena vs Rock and Taker vs HHH.

Cena vs Rock - Will be surprised to see this one end clean, but then, WWE usually keep WM main event matches fairly simple. Having said that, the one year build up fell flat for me because all of Cena's feuds and matches in between (Kane etc) seemed pretty pointless. It would be a good idea to build up a match between two part timer wrestlers a year in advance but not between two with one on a full time schedule.

PREDICTION. Rock loses after interference from the returning Brock Lesnar or Batista which sets up a match between them at WM29 to be announced on Monday's Raw.

HHH vs Taker - I can't see Taker losing until they put a WM stip in that if his streak ends, so does his career. HBK will stick to his word about not wrestling again so will not screw over one or the other, because if he does, it'll need to be settled with a match.

PREDICTION. Taker wins clean. No influence from HBK who calls the match down the middle

Edited by Dog-amoto