NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

What Does Wii Need Next?

I disagree. Its quite obvious what they're trying to do. It all adds up if you think about it properly.

I would say there are 3 main types of gamers. Casual, Mainstream, Hardcore. Hardcore can be divided into multiple categories, Fanboy, Multi-console, Single Console, ect. And Nintendo does know that we're the ones who've kept them alive and they know they may need us again in the future if another company manages to steel away the casual market. They know they need to keep their fans interested as well as try and get other hardcore gamers to support them as-well.

Look at Sony. They went from one generation being the market leader in terms of sales and they had a firm grasp on both the Casual and Mainstream market, to Nintendo stealing away the casual, and MS stealing away the Mainstream gamers, and now there are rumors about them shutting down their games division. Nintendo has always had the support of their fans, they know their fans are the ones who keep them alive in harder times.

I disagree. Its quite obvious what they're trying to do. It all adds up if you think about it properly.

Erm Wut.

I would say there are 3 main types of gamers. Casual, Mainstream, Hardcore. Hardcore can be divided into multiple categories, Fanboy, Multi-console, Single Console, ect. And Nintendo does know that we're the ones who've kept them alive and they know they may need us again in the future if another company manages to steel away the casual market. They know they need to keep their fans interested as well as try and get other hardcore gamers to support them as-well.

Wow, that sounds just like the sort of market analysis major publisher need to be using. I think I need to repeat it, but er, erm, wut?

Look at Sony. They went from one generation being the market leader in terms of sales and they had a firm grasp on both the Casual and Mainstream market, to Nintendo stealing away the casual, and MS stealing away the Mainstream gamers, and now there are rumors about them shutting down their games division. Nintendo has always had the support of their fans, they know their fans are the ones who keep them alive in harder times.

But really, the PS3 is doing well if you factor in more then just comparing it with the PS2. It depend how you look at it, I'm sure sony expected better, but for all their stupid decisions and major overlooks, PS3 is still performing well for a $400 console.

While I'm sure Nintendo will be keen to hold onto their fans, I see no real reason for them to focus or care about us. We're a tiny spec in the blue ocean avaliable to them now.

But the entire point was to compare it to the PS2. It was an example of how dramatic of a change can be made between generations.

But the Blue ocean will turn to a red one by next generation. Please don't tell me you expect Sony and MS to just stay away from the casual market. The next Blue ocean will be a different market.

But the entire point was to compare it to the PS2. It was an example of how dramatic of a change can be made between generations.

But the Blue ocean will turn to a red one by next generation. Please don't tell me you expect Sony and MS to just stay away from the casual market. The next Blue ocean will be a different market.

IT's too soon to dictate how much of a change has happend though, the only difference is that the Wii is selling to people who didn't buy consoles before.

We'll see what Sony and MS do, they'll dip their toes it in this generation. In all honesty I can see (hope) one of them dropping out and us being left with Nintendo doing their thing on the side and the other catering to the more core gamer people.

But we don't know, and debating 'next gen' is irrelevent and stupid. Why do you keep bringing it up? :/.

There are never really major changes Mid console war though. Its possible the PS3 will make a comeback but not very likely.

TBH, We're starting to go into an infinite loop here. Whatever started this argument probably isn't worth debating this much anyway.

Sign in to follow this