NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

What Does Wii Need Next?

this may shock you but there is still some people out there who don't care about on-line gaming.... MOST wii gamers don't.. I nderstand that most wii gamers are kids or casuals but that doesn't matter.. Nintendo's either focus with the wii was to expand the market why bother with something the other consoles are ALWAYS going to do better and in fact a pc.

I agree friend codes should go but if you want a serious gaming experience chances are you have already bought a 360/ps3..

Yeah I'm loving all the storage on my external hard drive. And they sell those accessories so cheaply. And the games come down in price. I'm glad you don't still have to pay £35 for a 3 year old game.

god that's so bitchy.. These are problems but nothing major.. you DID buy the cheapest console and nobody is forcing you to buy the accessories .

external hardrive yes is a problem. nintendo do techincally deliver to their fans eventually.. it's a naive statement.. but nintendo didnt HAVE to do anything about online gaming? how much of a difference do you think it would have made to the sales of the wii?

Also the promise of a 'revolution' with the Wii remote hasn't been recognized imo. I expected far more creativity and expression going into the software to aid the device two years into the consoles lifespan.

As I said before the Wii Remote Wasn't the revolution in the Wii:

The Wii was Code-named "Revolution" NOT because it would revolutionize the way we play games like we though. The terms revolution was more meant as a kind of war where the peasants rise up against the aristocrats usually because of corruption ect. Nintendo did just that. Sony was way ahead of them for the last few generations. And Nintendo rose up against them and defeated them.

Gaming was going downhill. Every generation saw the release of sequels that were very similar to the earlier games but with a few more features, modes, ect, plus a new setting and story. Unfortunately these games were getting more and more complicated. Every generation new buttons were added to the controllers so new features could be added. There were really few places to start for new gamers. And most of them didn't look that attractive to the average person.

Nintendo changed all of this with the Wii. They released and affordable, durable, box with both games that were great for newcomers, and also fun for gaming veterans. And also games that were deep enough for the hardcore, but also simple enough for the everyday player. And games that were designed for the hardcore, but also had easier difficulty modes, ect that made them easy for a newer gamer to adapt to.

That peasent rising revolution metaphor is the worst idea for what the revolution was meant to mean ever.

I think it was a title for marketing buzz and gaining hype.

That peasent rising revolution metaphor is the worst idea for what the revolution was meant to mean ever.

Well, thats the original meaning for this version of the word.

Well, thats the original meaning for this version of the word.

lol does any of that matter.. it's the old name for the console, the code name if you will... doesn't matter what it meant now i don't even think nintedo knew what they meant :).. but the question is what does the console do next?

Wii still needs more serious third party efforts like No More Heroes and The Conduit. With the install base soon reaching 50 million, I'm expecting some big announcements throughout the year.

From Nintendo I really want a new F-Zero (online ofc.) and Starfox. I want the new Zelda to be somewhat different from the former games in terms of style and gamplay. I'm getting tired of the same formula over and over again.

I want most games post Wii Sports Resort to use the MotionPlus.

New more fanbase driven IP's please. Wii-suffix's are great and all, but I'd really like someone over there to pull a Pikmin and great something fantastic.

I'd also like Pikmin as well!

god that's so bitchy.. These are problems but nothing major.. you DID buy the cheapest console and nobody is forcing you to buy the accessories .

external hardrive yes is a problem. nintendo do techincally deliver to their fans eventually.. it's a naive statement.. but nintendo didnt HAVE to do anything about online gaming? how much of a difference do you think it would have made to the sales of the wii?

I'm not complaining (well I am slightly) I was just saying that Nintendo aren't some amazing company who always deliver and never let their fans (and why the fuck are we fans anyway? We're customers) down. They are a business and their main objective is to make as much money as possible.

(and why the fuck are we fans anyway? We're customers)

You're a fan of something if you choose to be. While you might only be a customer, I imagine, that most of us here would consider ourselves fans of Nintendo. This is a Nintendo forum after-all.

You're a fan of something if you choose to be. While you might only be a customer, I imagine, that most of us here would consider ourselves fans of Nintendo. This is a Nintendo forum after-all.

Fan makes it sound like blind following. Whilst I like some Nintendo games I'm not a fanboy.

People tend to be fans of things like musicians and games companies because they produce art, ie. something that's not strictly necessary and would by no means just appear due to market demand in other circumstances.

Take Wind Waker on the GameCube, for example. It's an absolute work of genius, and we have Nintendo to thank entirely for producing it. If they hadn't made it, no one else would have either. A chilling thought!

better servers, better online games, More shoters, more RPG's, more Racing games, a headset, a full open internet conection without friend code restrictions after you agree't that you are over 18 years old and that you know that there are people that can be offensive to you etc etc, more suport to thirt party developers (asking less royalti's) and mush mush more (espesialy 4 players 1 console online vs 12 or more others would be a dream come true)

better servers, better online games, More shoters, more RPG's, more Racing games, a headset, a full open internet conection without friend code restrictions after you agree't that you are over 18 years old and that you know that there are people that can be offensive to you etc etc, more suport to thirt party developers (asking less royalti's) and mush mush more (espesialy 4 players 1 console online vs 12 or more others would be a dream come true)

that's the dream anyway.. besides rpg I don't see any of that happening.. They just don't NEED to have good on-line in my opinion. If you're a hardcore gamer it's frustrating but from a business point.. NIntendo are just going to sit back and give is more of what we got last year plus the rare zelda or maio to shut us up.

that's the dream anyway..

Who's dream? Bill Gates'?

Seriously...Maiky, your post sounds like you want another 360...You've got ONE console thrashing out RPG's and racers with a headset and no F/C's...

:indeed:

I think Next generation Nintendo will at least improve the online. They know people don't like friend codes, I don't expect them to do anything about it mid generation though. It would surely be much simpler just to implement a new system with the next console.

I think Next generation Nintendo will at least improve the online. They know people don't like friend codes, I don't expect them to do anything about it mid generation though. It would surely be much simpler just to implement a new system with the next console.

Probably, yeah.

It would be nice if they would expand the size of friend rosters in games from now on though. Having it limited to about 30 is a bit naff and means you have to juggle your friends around just like you have to do with VC + Wiiware. :(

Who's dream? Bill Gates'?

:

Most nintendo users seem to want more racers shooters but I never really get it. Nintendo consoles are never going to focus on that stuff especially with the wii.

I;m not ENtirely happy with the wii's lineup but more racers and shooters isn't the problem.. I mean the gamecube had the exact same problem as did the n64..

Basically, its all about balance. Who would be happy if their Sky service only offered them sports channels, without a choice? If by luck that is what you wanted then sure, you'll be happy - but the broader majority want choice!

The PS3 and 360 are pretty much balanced with all genres being catered for. The wii suffers with what the Gamecube and N64 suffered from; basically a lack of or lowered support from 3rd parties. Nintendo should really be doing more, leading by example to get this support. But I suppose they don't NEED to now.

This is the only thing that attracts me to the HD consoles and any console for that matter; choice. And with that, they are doing everything Nintendo are trying to do much better.

The PS3 and 360 are pretty much balanced with all genres being catered for. .

I disagree.. I always thought the 360 and ps3 were terrible for childrens games.. I know you may not care about this but it's a big enough deal.

If you had a 6 -12 year old kid... there certainly isnt very much on ps3 and even worse on 360.. I think they are direct opposites to each other... you may be able to name one or 2 really good kids games but i can name about 2 or 3 really good fps wii games.

it doesn't have to be kids games.. platformers,mini game games etc the wii does better.

I disagree.. I always thought the 360 and ps3 were terrible for childrens games.. I know you may not care about this but it's a big enough deal.

If you had a 6 -12 year old kid... there certainly isnt very much on ps3 and even worse on 360.. I think they are direct opposites to each other... you may be able to name one or 2 really good kids games but i can name about 2 or 3 really good fps wii games.

it doesn't have to be kids games.. platformers,mini game games etc the wii does better.

I think what King V was really saying was that PS360 caters to a wide variety of games, for the games most people on here really care for. You're right in that they don't have many kids games (Albeit I think all the movie spin offs cater to that) or minigames, but not many of 'us' care.

As for platformers I don't think the Wii really does better, it's like, Mario Galaxy vs Ratchet and Clank. That's about it 0_o, the genre barely exsists nowadays.

I think what King V was really saying was that PS360 caters to a wide variety of games, for the games most people on here really care for. You're right in that they don't have many kids games (Albeit I think all the movie spin offs cater to that) or minigames, but not many of 'us' care.

As for platformers I don't think the Wii really does better, it's like, Mario Galaxy vs Ratchet and Clank. That's about it 0_o, the genre barely exsists nowadays.

I kow it's not the fact that none of us care.. But Myabe i should refer to be them as family orientated games.. Personality I have most fun when im playing my family in games EVERYONE can play and be good at.. I know a lot of ye have a hatred towards those type of games..

Generally nintendo at least were always the best at split screen multiplayer on the wii hmm it's a bit lacking i'll admit..But something like mario kart is still unrivalled. What the microsoft equivilant of that? Nothing really..

360/ps3 more or less cater for the one type of gamer... you guys really.. The hardcore gamer. Since even nintendo used to consider the wii to be the second choice console there is no reason why they would try to match the online or graphics of the 360/ps3.

This is a difficult point to explain but i;m trying to say that the 360/ps3 lacks just about as much the wii lacks but different things.. The wii isn't really aimed at us anymore just like the 360/ps3 isn't aimed and casuals(YET)

But all of that can easily change in a generation. The Niches of each console become different every 5 years because developers look at each console differently regardless of company. Even if the Wii doesn't look like its catering to hardcore gamers, why can't the Wii HD. What if Next generation MS manages to get the casual gamers to all buy 720s but Nintendo manages to capture the Mainstream gamers. If we look at all the people who owned PS2s. A lot of them either went to the 360 or the Wii. And The PS3 became a somewhat niche product, even though the PS2 was the market leader last generation.

But all of that can easily change in a generation. The Niches of each console become different every 5 years because developers look at each console differently regardless of company. Even if the Wii doesn't look like its catering to hardcore gamers, why can't the Wii HD. What if Next generation MS manages to get the casual gamers to all buy 720s but Nintendo manages to capture the Mainstream gamers. If we look at all the people who owned PS2s. A lot of them either went to the 360 or the Wii. And The PS3 became a somewhat niche product, even though the PS2 was the market leader last generation.

I'm sure all the major publishes in the world wish that the video game market was that simple.

Albeit, I'm not sure if the way you put it was simple or not. To be honest I'm not even sure what you were saying.

*shrug*.

I'm baffled by King V's suggestion that the 360/PS3 have more choice! Baffled. The 360 couldn't be more limited if it tried. Shooters and JRPG's...... :)

The only genre the Wii doesn't really have is realistic racer....beat em up? But then MK Wii, Guilty Gear and Capcom Vs......

For sheer variety the Wii wins hands down for me. And to even compare the best game ever with the over rated Ratchet and Clank is comedy :D

Sign in to follow this