NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

John Travolta's Son Dies

That's terrible :( it mentions in the article that his son had a history of seizures so it may have happened at anytime anyway but STILL he was only 16 :/ I feel bad for John and can't even contemplate how bad it must feel to lose your own son, R.I.P Jett.

Read about this earlier, it's bullshit. I feel for the man.

Luckily for myself I haven't had anything massive to hit my head on yet.

I heard about their son ages ago, and their crazy scientologist ways. Now he's dead? I've not read the article, but I'm laying blame on them like a ridiculous bandwagoner.

(I'd once read they denied their son had autism or something, as it's not recognised by Scientology?)

I just read an article from a Danish news website about his son going through both regular treatment and a Scientology cleansing ritual. His decease expressed itself as inflammation in the blood veins, and both doctors and parents agreed that the treatment seemed to work. Apparently not, it would seem. Travolta is otherwise described as a really great father with a relaxed attitude towards fans and paparazzis.

It's very sad news indeed, I cant even imagine what they must be going through :(.

I heard about their son ages ago, and their crazy scientologist ways. Now he's dead? I've not read the article, but I'm laying blame on them like a ridiculous bandwagoner.

(I'd once read they denied their son had autism or something, as it's not recognised by Scientology?)

You can't help but wonder when someone involved with scientology dies.

Do their souls get beamed up to the mothership, like in Battlestar Galactica?

Actually

It's been rumoured for a long time that his son doesn't actually have the disease reported, but that Travolta has been calling it that to cover for autism.

Kawasaki's disease is kind of a mystery disease that does a lot of things, but it doesn't appear to cause seizures - it does a lot of things but doesn't seem to affect the brain. Autism does cause seizures.

But, John Travolta has been denying his son has autism for years, because Travolta is a Scientologist, and Scientology doesn't believe in autism.

Now I don't want to be a Wikipedia dr. House, but it seems that Scientology has caused a celebrity death again. And that John Travolta, though way more awesome than Tom Cruise, fails at life.

They don't believe in Autism? How does that even make any sense?

And what other celebrity death has Scientology cause? At least it's prolific

If I remember correctly they believe that mental illnesses don't exist... at all.

If I remember correctly they believe that mental illnesses don't exist... at all.

thats correct. they go against all psychology and psychotherapy as they belive our negitive thoughts and feelings are the result of the tortured souls of dead aliens attach themselves to people.

Who cares? You dont know him, great feel bad but dont waste everyones bandwidth honestly, caring about celebrity deaths is bad enough...

Who cares? You dont know him, great feel bad but dont waste everyones bandwidth honestly, caring about celebrity deaths is bad enough...

Regarding the fact he's died, or the scientology aspect of it all? Not much that I've seen of Scientology and Scientologists has placed them in a favourable light for me.

I'm not saying that this isn't tragic. But thousands of children die every day. Why should this be any more important?

thats correct. they go against all psychology and psychotherapy as they belive our negitive thoughts and feelings are the result of the tortured souls of dead aliens attach themselves to people.

Ah, so it's actually a dead alien soul that has been attached to me my whole life. Mulder would be excited. Then I guess all the help and treatment I got from the psychologists and psychiatrists wasn't what helped me - it must've been the Go Away Alien they secretly sprayed me with.

I'm not saying that this isn't tragic. But thousands of children die every day. Why should this be any more important?

Because of two factors, I believe: One, it's a celebrity's child. Everybody wants to know about celebrities, which is also why almost every dead celebrity gets a thread of his or her own in here. Two, which is more interesting, the kid might actually have died because of Scientology.

It's not, and if it means John Travolta will consider turning away from Scientology it can only be a good thing

Sadly, its because the celebs get the recognition. When some average joe is reported to have been stabbed 49 times, we (or those with a conscience) sigh or slightly grieve. But then millions of Africans are dying from BS reasons, what is anyone actually doing to help this? In the end, who really gives a shit?

people care about celebrity tragedies as it sort of brings them back to a human level.

for instance, i rember thinking what a better place the world would be if jade goody died, then she got cancer, kinda makes you realise theres a person behind the head lines.

Watched Face/Off yesterday. Was rather poignant at the beginning.

Especially with the fact that the character Travolta plays lost a son. :(

Especially with the fact that the character Travolta plays lost a son. :(

I think that's what he meant.