NEurope
ReZourceman

Weight Loss 2009

I'm about 6,3 so it's not too bad with clothes on. I'd just like to feel better with my top off :heh:

That's given me some disturbing mental images.

IT STARTS!!

In 2 weeks.

I've still got loads of food left from Christmas so I'm giving myself time to finish it. Then I'll be having a repeat of last year's successful post-Christmas diet, where I lost 2 stone in 3 months! I managed it just by eating less, eating better, avoiding snacking and drinking plenty of water.

I'm not really fat now, but I've grown a nice little pot belly that can protrude through clothing when it wants to. :P

i keep going from eight stone then nine stone then back to eight stone.

i keep going from eight stone then nine stone then back to eight stone.

Isn't that incredibly unhealthy? How tall are you?

I'm 5 foot 11 and 72kg (11 Stone).

Isn't that incredibly unhealthy? How tall are you?

I'm 5 foot 11 and 72kg (11 Stone).

I'm 5 foot 7

That's given me some disturbing mental images.

I know you secretly want me :heart:

I'm not telling you how much I weigh, I don't want anyone to throw up on their keyboard. I will however give weight loss updates! No excuses for me, we have a cross trainer, rower, and stepper all conveniently placed in a room together with a tv. It's on mofos. Although again, not till all the xmas goodies have been eaten!

Since I started playing 5-a-side a few months ago, my fitness has come on wonders, and i've lost a few pounds along the way. The problem comes when you miss a game and your fitness starts to suffer. I'm suspended for the next 2 games, so i'll have to go out for a run or something instead.

I'm 5 foot 7

So you're just super light. :heh:

My friend at work is the same. He eats normally but I can pick him up so easily. I not quite sure how the two inches make a whole 20 kg difference.

Actually what is the best gym equipment to burn the flab? (Other than the treadmill)

Overall burning? I was talking to pooki about it and he said overall it'd be anything at low resistances. You'd still work up a sweat to loose weight but not enough to gain muscle.

well I'm no expert but the cross trainer is pretty good, works your arms and legs, plus it's bloody knackering cv wise. When I haven't been on in ages I can do about 15 mins before I fall over and pass out, I find that's a good sign(not of my fitness but of the machine!).

So you're just super light. :heh:

My friend at work is the same. He eats normally but I can pick him up so easily. I not quite sure how the two inches make a whole 20 kg difference.

Yeah I am super light and easy to throw about. :p

Anything aerobics based.

Step classes are bloody awesome and really fun (but I think they went out in the 90s)

Swimming too?

Actually what is the best gym equipment to burn the flab? (Other than the treadmill)

Rower, cycling, cross trainer that sort of thing.

Overall burning? I was talking to pooki about it and he said overall it'd be anything at low resistances. You'd still work up a sweat to loose weight but not enough to gain muscle.

Low weight/more reps=weight loss

high weight/less reps=muscle build

Low weight/more reps=weight loss

high weight/less reps=muscle build

haha yes basically.

I managed to convince my friend to join the gym with me, although originally it was her idea and get another to let me join rowing with her. Good start before I've even got back to uni! :yay:

I don't see the point of a gym (well I do, but it's far too expensive imo). Especially when you can do it yourself for free. I use to run for 3 miles everynight and do 30 sit ups for about 2 months, along with cutting out all the crap I use to eat. Basically living on shreddies, brown bread and soup. It was slightly extreme but it worked. Ended up losing 3 stone.

I weigh about 7.5 stone and I am about 5 ft 4 (I think, need to check). Pretty good really. I've been working out a lot but it has done nothing to increase my confidence even though my mates think I am ridiculously fit (as in strength etc). I can only lift about 8 KG dumbells for about 15/20 reps.

Should I just keep improving myself to get confidence or do I need to do something else?

I weigh about 7.5 stone and I am about 5 ft 4 (I think, need to check). Pretty good really. I've been working out a lot but it has done nothing to increase my confidence even though my mates think I am ridiculously fit (as in strength etc). I can only lift about 8 KG dumbells for about 15/20 reps.

Should I just keep improving myself to get confidence or do I need to do something else?

I'd say you need to look at mental things first rather than phyiscal. Confidence is a huge attaction to other people and no amount of muscle is going to change your opinion is seems.

I'm not telling you how much I weigh, I don't want anyone to throw up on their keyboard. I will however give weight loss updates! No excuses for me, we have a cross trainer, rower, and stepper all conveniently placed in a room together with a tv. It's on mofos. Although again, not till all the xmas goodies have been eaten!

Tell us!!!!

I'm 5'9 and weigh just under 12st! Want to lose a stone, but toning is the primary goal!!

Wii Fit here I come!!!

Be confident, for your overall weight you seem to be lifting more than enough. Don't get carried away with what others think, long as you're happy with how you're doing, then keep it up!

Not planning on losing much, probably just the stone I put on at the end of last year, not going to be easy though with giving up smoking at the same time.

I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds here and there - bit of fat here and there but overall I'm not fussed. I enjoy my food and I exercise very regularly. Currently 13st4, (84.something kg for Danny :)).