NEurope
ReZourceman

I'll Have 4, 12, 87 and 163 Please.

Its the Chinese thread of course!

What do you order when you have Chinese?! Some things are classics and I think are going to come up a lot, but I do think we will see more variation than we did in the Indian thread!

It heavily depends on where I go or who I order from but I usually have these ;

- Duck Pancake Hoi Sin thingys (obviously...standard. Although usually only at all you can eats, due to high take away price)

- Satay Chicken Skewers

- Chicken Balls

- Kung Po Chicken

- Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Water Chesnuts :heart: :heart:

- Shredded Chilli Beef

- Special Fried Rice or Chips

- Apple Fritter, when possible.

Whats your tipple! :heh::):bowdown:

Chicken fried rice with curry sauce :3

Chicken satay! <3

and the good old curry!

I'm not very adventurous with chinese takeouts. :heh:

Well I always get a lemon chicken. But I don't like chinese shops that skimp on freebies like free prawn crackers, they are so cheaply made and sooo unhealthy that I should freely be allowed to clog my arteries if my order if over £10. I don't really like to eat out though. The health inspector closed down the last chinese place I ate at.... so yeah I was wondering why they were so cheap.

Assuming that is a polynomial sequence, I'll take whatever is number 174. On my menu that is giant prawns in Hong kKong sauce, eww. Much prefer duck in plum sauce.

I have to admit that I've never had a proper Chinese takeaway in the sense that I've never phoned up and placed an order. I have been into a chinese to order and takeaway home. Anyways, I'm a fan of the old Kung Po chicken. Really nice. But like I said, I haven;t had a proper Chinese so I've never really had the opportunity to look and take chances with orders and try new stuff. Should really do it at some point.

Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup then Chicken and Mushroom with Egg Fried Rice. With Prawn Crackers.

Although when I have a Chinese at my mum's house (like tonight):

- Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup with Prawn Crackers

- Spare Ribs with various other bits

- Duck Pancakes

- Main meal which usually consists of Chicken and Mushroom, Chicken Chow Mein and a King Prawn Dish. With Rice.

I had chinese tonight.

I'm boring, and a really bad eater, and so never try anything vaguely interesting;

Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls (what I call them, not sure actual name)

Chips

Crispy Greens

Shredded Beef

Duck Pancakes

Mixing and matching.

I get the menu and go straight for the Duck main courses first to see what types are there, nobody does duck like the Chinese. Roast Duck with Plum sauce is a fav.

For starters usually dumplings, and a chinese tea with chocolate cake for dessert

What I love is that youi say the numbers anf they know exactly what you want, ewven tho there is normally like 100+ things!

None, 'coz it all tastes like shit I tell you!

However if I end up at a Chinese restaurant I'll see if I can stomach some chicken.

None, 'coz it all tastes like shit I tell you!

However if I end up at a Chinese restaurant I'll see if I can stomach some chicken.

I'm disappointed. Chinese is the shit!

King Do ribs are fucking awesome, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned salt and pepper chips or chicken.

This thread makes me hungry and I've just had breakfast.

Mines probobly a classic.

Chicken Chow Mein, egg fried rice, and a pancake roll =]

Its so nice ^^

Why phone for a Chinese when the Indian takeaway menu is just next to the phone?

I have Chicken with Green Peppers in Black Bean Sauce with boiled rice. 'tis tasty.

I've never had a "Chinese" take away before and doubt it's even proper Chinese food anyway. I've gone to Chinese restaurants and usually have a set meal, but I can never remember what I've had. I like those Chinese soups that are just water based. I remember having one with a (dead) baby cuttlefish floating around in it. I do like you tiao. Dan chao fan is always nice.

I went to one Chinese restaurant in KL and they had lots of fish tanks with fish in them at the front of the restaurant waiting to be killed. Awful... I'm a vegatarian and like fish.

i keeep it easy man, sweet n sour chicken and as much prawn toast as i can eat, thats good toast. I usually only venture away from sweet n sour when its a buffet lol.

Come to think of it tho, cant remember the last time i had a take away :/

Buffet, or vermicelli. Meat. Vermicelli. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, lemon chicken, but mostly...Meat. Vermicelli. There is no alternative.

I never remember. Tend to have an Indian as theres one underneath us so we get a minor enough discount to make us so lazy we dont walk over the road to the Chinese :p

Anyway yeah something vegetarian. Balta. Dupiaza. Something like that. I'm a boring sod.

I never remember. Tend to have an Indian as theres one underneath us so we get a minor enough discount to make us so lazy we dont walk over the road to the Chinese :p

Anyway yeah something vegetarian. Balta. Dupiaza. Something like that. I'm a boring sod.

Is there a big selection of vegeterian dishes?

Is there a big selection of vegeterian dishes?

Average menu has about five or six. Somewhere round there.

Average menu has about five or six. Somewhere round there.

Not really that much choice then =/

Might be a silly question but can you have stuff like egg fried rice?

Not really that much choice then =/

Might be a silly question but can you have stuff like egg fried rice?

Yes. But I don't like it so I don't have it :p I stick with boiled rice because im lame and boring. And there is a kind of naan bread I can't have but I don't remember what it is.

And im used to having about half a dozen options. Makes chosing easier at least :p When I went to a vegan place recently I was so overwhelmed it took me ages.

UsuallyI'll go with special fried rice, chicken satay and curry sauce, but sometimes I'll mix it up a bit with prawn or chicken fried rice, or prawn balls or something.