NEurope
ReZourceman

What Would You Call Your Spawnlings?

I adopted a child called Madeline....well I say adopted...

Hf! Not appreciating the lack of appreciation.

According to my Collin's name dictionary btw, Amanda means 'lovable' though it's kind of old and I guess there's interpretations. Hardly having much faith in your kid to give her a name that means she MUST be loved however, Danny!

Thank you! I thought it was a legendary post tbh.

Jason or Tommy - after power rangers obviously.

Not sure about girls names, but I'd be an overprotective father.

According to my Collin's name dictionary btw, Amanda means 'lovable' though it's kind of old and I guess there's interpretations. Hardly having much faith in your kid to give her a name that means she MUST be loved however, Danny!

Hey, I'm just translating! :p

Haha, I recently had an urge to go down memory lane and try to find episodes of the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers on Youtube, man those were the days.

Anyway on topic.

A boy I would name "Setanta"... no not after the sports channel... Setanta is actually the real name of the legendary Irish hero better known as "Cú Chulainn".

And for a girl, "Saorise" which is Irish for Freedom

A good place to find names to avoid is here. Everyone should avoid calling their boys Jack, as there will be millions of them soon.

I have two kids; Anna Pike (mostly call her spanner or stinky) and Caleb Pike (no nicknames, as he's such a badass). Actually, in general I mainly refer to them as the girl and the boy.

Goddamn, Chloe Jessica and Sophie were all names I'd have picked for a girl, but they're all like top 10! I dunno if I wish to put my kid through the generic name thing. I love the fact you call your girl spanner Odwin, genius lol. I might make another thread for it actually, nicknames from when you was a kid...

A good place to find names to avoid is here. Everyone should avoid calling their boys Jack, as there will be millions of them soon.

I have two kids; Anna Pike (mostly call her spanner or stinky) and Caleb Pike (no nicknames, as he's such a badass). Actually, in general I mainly refer to them as the girl and the boy.

Caleb Pike

There's his nickname!

Goddamn, Chloe Jessica and Sophie were all names I'd have picked for a girl, but they're all like top 10! I dunno if I wish to put my kid through the generic name thing. I love the fact you call your girl spanner Odwin, genius lol. I might make another thread for it actually, nicknames from when you was a kid...

You serious? Goddamn is a whores name.

How about Trini or Kimberley :heh:

I may use one of my older surnames or the mother's surname for my kids. Jones is my Step Dad's name, not mine.

I may use one of my older surnames or the mother's surname for my kids. Jones is my Step Dad's name, not mine.

I'm becoming a Jones soon and my current surname is a first name (Boyd). Shall we just swap them :p

Hmm if I did that I'd have the choice of Grundy and Pattinson (I think its Pattinson...) as they're my nans' maiden names, and my mother is back to hers. Or maybe I can use my great aunt's surname; Tyson. (that always seemed so cool when I was young and Mike Tyson was cool)

How about Trini or Kimberley :heh:

Because Trini was a token minority and I had an extreme crush on Kimberley - so that would be a little weird.

My name is actually quite uncommon.

Pffft...I know TONS of MoogleVipers. They're everywhere, like Aids.

Hmm, I've always liked the name Nicole, which is after one of my favourite Ash songs. Also, Emily is a nice one that I'd maybe think about giving to my little monster.

For Sci-Fi purposes, I might just call the kid Vasquez, after the chick in Aliens.

Also, Emily is a nice one that I'd maybe think about giving to my little monster.

For Sci-Fi purposes, I might just call the kid Vasquez, after the chick in Aliens.

I was about to whack you for choosing Emily, which I think is literally the most common girls name, until you redeemed yourself.

Ripley would be a better choice though. (I know a little boy called that though...)

Ellen Ripley is lovely for a first and middle name, because Ellen is technically a real name, and sounds lovely.

Ellen Ripley is lovely for a first and middle name, because Ellen is technically a real name, and sounds lovely.

I don't think I dare, but I agree. Ellen Ripley Gray fits really easily into my ears.

My god. I have to now, don't I?

What about my son? Hicks Gray?

I'm sure Ellen DeGeneres loves being told she has a technical first name.

I could love Feist Gray. Like eternally proclaiming your love for Honey, Honey.

Or CocoRosie as a first name.

Or Sia, or dare-I-say-it Sigurros (technically a real Icelandic name aswell).

I could love Feist Gray. Like eternally proclaiming your love for Honey, Honey.

Or CocoRosie as a first name.

Or Sia, or dare-I-say-it Sigurros (technically a real Icelandic name aswell).

Feist doesn't sound as good as you'd think. See, if someone has a good last name (a rarity in the UK, though Char, you have one), they can get away with any first name.

Hence Leslie Feist.

I still prefer Ellen-Ripley.

Nathan Hammer Tulley Reynolds [surname] sounds like a good name. I feel like my children should have multiple middle names to account for my lack of any.