NEurope
Ollie

Finally got a Wii

Get Mario Kart and you'll never look back! Once you go online your life will disappear!

Truestori!

I've really only played this and I have 5 Wii games now, picked up MP3, Nights, and BW2 in the sales, but can't stop playing Mario Kart!

If you played and liked any Super Smash Bros game before you will love Super Smash Bros Brawl!

Is Mario Party 8 really that bad? I've got Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 4 and Mario Party 5, and they are some of my favorite games. Is it the whole series or the particular game that sucks?

And is Super Mario Galaxy that good? I got Super Mario Sunshine, and all I could do was compare it to Super Mario 64, so I didn't enjoy it very much. :(

I can't afford to get a mediocre game, so my safest options would be Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, as I know I'll definitely like those games. I've had every single Mario Kart game since Super Mario Kart and I love them. I've also played all the SSB games. No one else in my family wants them though. :( They have no idea what they're talking about to be honest.

But Nintendo seem to have a habit of trying new ideas, and, generally they fail big time. The reason I like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Pokemon, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, etc. is because the games are the same each time. Look at what's happened to the Star Fox series!

Is Mario Party 8 really that bad? I've got Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 4 and Mario Party 5, and they are some of my favorite games. Is it the whole series or the particular game that sucks?

And is Super Mario Galaxy that good? I got Super Mario Sunshine, and all I could do was compare it to Super Mario 64, so I didn't enjoy it very much. :(

I can't afford to get a mediocre game, so my safest options would be Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, as I know I'll definitely like those games. I've had every single Mario Kart game since Super Mario Kart and I love them. I've also played all the SSB games. No one else in my family wants them though. :( They have no idea what they're talking about to be honest.

But Nintendo seem to have a habit of trying new ideas, and, generally they fail big time. The reason I like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Pokemon, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, etc. is because the games are the same each time. Look at what's happened to the Star Fox series!

Mario Party 8 is good multiplayer. It got bad reception because it's a GameCube port, so alot of the time you're playing minigames designed for a GC controller with tacked on Wii controls, and it sometimes feels 'wrong'. It'd be worth it if you get it cheaper but it's held its price pretty well.

Super Mario Galaxy is amazing, buy it.

And yeah, lots of people are sick of the Nintendo series doing the same thing without enough variation, it goes both ways i guess. I certainly don't think I could stomach another Zelda adventure if it's just going to be another Ocarina of Time clone with dumbed down difficulty.

I certainly don't think I could stomach another Zelda adventure if it's just going to be another Ocarina of Time clone with dumbed down difficulty.

You're actually serious, here?

Well thanks everybody. Also, I hear that Mario Party 8 is very luck-based too, which some find annoying.

Yeah, we need a balance of new ideas and repetition of old ideas. I'm annoyed we haven't got another game like Star Fox 64, but on the other hand, I'd be bored if we had another 5 Star Fox games of a similar style.

You're actually serious, here?

I'm tired of the same thing. Zelda goes missing, Link has to stop Ganon, travels 10 dugeons in each one he gets a new item, and then goes to the next repeat until final boss. It's worse when non of the dungeions even begin to get difficult.

It's an exhausted and dated formula for me, they can add random stuff like turning into a wolf or sailing the sea (Neither of which added to my enjoyment of their respective games) but I'd rather see them rework the series entirely, somehow.

I'd like to see a more open world with alot more freedom, as oppose to HAVING to do this to get that item so you can go there etc.

^ but that's the good thing about Zelda. While I would love a more open world, Zelda has the idea nailed. You don't get immediate access to everywhere and I don't think you should in any other game. Getting a new piece of kit that'll help you explore further into the world is what Zelda is about and that feeling you get when you find a new place or see a new place for the first time. For example (although I'm not sure many will see it this way) but in Twilight Princess after trudging through the snow as the wolf and coming out on top of the mountain I felt a sense of awe purely because of the simplicity of the area, which was basically barren apart from the solitary tree and the Yeti.

^ but that's the good thing about Zelda. While I would love a more open world, Zelda has the idea nailed. You don't get immediate access to everywhere and I don't think you should in any other game. Getting a new piece of kit that'll help you explore further into the world is what Zelda is about and that feeling you get when you find a new place or see a new place for the first time. For example (although I'm not sure many will see it this way) but in Twilight Princess after trudging through the snow as the wolf and coming out on top of the mountain I felt a sense of awe purely because of the simplicity of the area, which was basically barren apart from the solitary tree and the Yeti.

Well, maybe it's just worn off on me after probably playing the exact same formula 15 times with the same chararacter for the same reason, most of the time, using the same weapons.

Nintendo mixed up Metroid and Mario really well in previous releases... surely they can do something similiar for Zelda?