NEurope
Ollie

Finally got a Wii

I got a Wii yesterday at last woo! I got with my Christmas vouchers and also got myself a component cable and classic controller. My family got me Mario kart and Mario galaxy for chrimbo and I used the stars I had reserved to buy some points and got DKC for the VC.

Have to say I have been looking forward to this for getting on 2 years and I'm loving the 2 Mario games I have, they really are amazing!

Well hope you enjoy! If you ever need any reccomenations, then you know you need look no further than the board!

You should get Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, Excite Truck and Lost Winfs (Wii Ware) among others....have fun.

Awesome, more must buys than I thought! Best get saving, been playing Mario Kart tonight, I love it so much, almost as good as the N64 version and so much better than the GC version! But N64 rainbow road should have been in there!

Yes. +1 for Okami. It's going cheap-ish these days (:shakehead ) at about £19.99 in Gamestation's sale and even cheaper in places like Zavvi. If you ask me, it's ridiculous that such a great game is going so cheaply. And now I want to play it again. And shall.

Yes. +1 for Okami. It's going cheap-ish these days (:shakehead ) at about £19.99 in Gamestation's sale and even cheaper in places like Zavvi. If you ask me, it's ridiculous that such a great game is going so cheaply. And now I want to play it again. And shall.

It was £19.99 in Zavvi today, and that was their clearance price... I'm hoping to spot it for £15 or under eventually.

Its £15 in HMV WITH their (amazing) exclusive slip box...I was tempted to re-buy it just for that!!

I would also like to throw in De Blob, Tetris Party and Bomberman (both WiiWare), Pro Evo if you like footy. All these games that people are suggesting will be sooooo cheap too!!!

Its £15 in HMV WITH their (amazing) exclusive slip box...I was tempted to re-buy it just for that!!

Oh damn it, we didn't go in there today because MadDog started bitching about them when I suggested it. DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!

I'll be having a look in HMV tomorrow for Okami then. :wink:

Some spot on suggestions so far. If we're gonna go down the VC/ Wiiware route, I would also like to take the opportunity to pimp the DKC games, you really can't go wrong with them.

With Pro Evo I'd say you could just skip the current one and wait for the new one which will be out around Easter time. Mario Kart + Galaxy are two classics to begin with, so you shouldn't be in dire need of any new games just yet anyway. Welcome to the mad and waggly world of Wii! : peace:

Meh. -0.5 for Okami. Buy Zelda, then I'd say give Okami a rent. I paid about £3 for it and I'm glad my money went to a good cause, but I've always been baffled by how popular it seems to be.

Don't forget about excite truck. You'll probably end up picking up games like Brawl and Galaxy, but Excite Truck is defiantly worth a play as well. You may even be able to get it cheap.

Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, BWii, Boom Blox, Brawl, Zack and Wiki are all must-buys. Call of Duty 5 is pretty good too.

Yeah, I got a Wii for Christmas too. I'm so happy. I've wanted one for years (literally). I can only afford one game though, and I'm stuck between Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. I really want all those games, but I think I may get Mario Party 8, as that's what the rest of my family want. But who knows how long it'll be until I can get another game?

Yeah, I got a Wii for Christmas too. I'm so happy. I've wanted one for years (literally). I can only afford one game though, and I'm stuck between Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. I really want all those games, but I think I may get Mario Party 8, as that's what the rest of my family want. But who knows how long it'll be until I can get another game?

DO not, I repeat do not get mario party 8, it sucks bigtime, I can assure you!! SSBB and SMG are way better choices

Bloody hell thats a dilema :) Mario Party 8 will be a fun party game for everyone but not great for you...

There are better party games than Wario Party 8. Wario Ware Smooth Moves is better and good fun for yourself, Rayman games are better, Guiness World Records is better.....

What do you mainly want from the game?

Mario Party 8 = average party game.

Super Mario Galaxy = The greatest game ever!

Super Smash Bros. = Great multiplayer game, loads to do, will keep you busy for a year, Nintendo fanboys wetdream

Mario Kart = great multiplayer game, amazing online and the usual single player affair but with more characters and karts to unlock, can send people time trials and biweekly competitions from Nintendo

I really didn't like rayman raving rabbids one bit, so i wouldn't recommend that.

DON'T get Mario Party. If you really want something your entire family will enjoy, go for Mario Kart. Mario Galaxy is the best game on your list though. And Brawl would be second. But seriously, don't get Mario Party, your family will probably play it a couple times and then it will sit on a shelf. At least Mario Kart, you can still enjoy after, just make sure your Wii is hooked up to the net.

I really didn't like rayman raving rabbids one bit, so i wouldn't recommend that.

Its not the kind of game you would buy if you could only get one game. But it is ok for a few laughs.