NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Paj!

Wii n00b asks n00bish questions

Ok, literally just got a Wii, really fun/excited. :smile:

However, I remember way back I knew they were gonna be able to play Gamecube games on a wii, is this true? ( Can I? )

Also, I also heard that you can use Gamecube controllers instead of the remote...is this true?

If so, where do I plug them in?!

Thanks for any help.

Yes you can, just put the disk in.

The controller and memory card ports are under flaps in the top.

As far as I know, you can't play Gamecube games with the Wii-Remote, so you have to use the Gamecube controller.

Not sure if you can use a classic controller, but I'm thinking you can? I dunno, never owned one. :heh:

So, what will be your first Wii purchase?

Yes you can, just put the disk in.

The controller and memory card ports are under flaps in the top.

Or the right handside if placed horizontally ;)

Thank you!

Told you they were n00bish questions...

Either Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows.

I just heard that Spidey has annoying controls with the remote, so I wondered if a GC controller might be more appropriate.

:smile:

Merry xmas all!

As far as I know, you can't play Gamecube games with the Wii-Remote, so you have to use the Gamecube controller.

Not sure if you can use a classic controller, but I'm thinking you can? I dunno, never owned one. :heh:

Actually you can't use a classic controller.

Aw well, that mystery is solved then.

*strokes Gamecube controllers*

Would have loved to though. the classic Controller is just one of those controllers you use for the loooook. So retro-modern-chic. Its a pain to play OOT with but its still cute.

Would have loved to though. the classic Controller is just one of those controllers you use for the loooook. So retro-modern-chic. Its a pain to play OOT with but its still cute.

What I'd love is a Gamecube or Wavebird controller, but in the style of the Wii remote. With the same colour, style of buttons, etc.

Is there one floating about?

What I'd love is a Gamecube or Wavebird controller, but in the style of the Wii remote. With the same colour, style of buttons, etc.

Is there one floating about?

Yeah, i've always wondered why Nintendo never made one of these.

*thinks happy thoughts of a Wii white Wavebird*

Yeah, i've always wondered why Nintendo never made one of these.

*thinks happy thoughts of a Wii white Wavebird*

I think I'd rather purchase one of those than a Classic Controller.

Hmm, what to recommend for Paj. You've probably picked up the Wii at a great time. I've seen so many great games going for such ridiculously low prices, both brand new and second hand. So, happy hunting.

I believe Nintendo did release a White Gamecube controller (standard and not Wavebird) specifically for the Wii. If I find it, i'll post a link on here.

Stay away from Spider Man, there are much better games to get first.

Also, welcome to the club.

Yeah, if I was going to create a list of games that would show off or showcase the Wii, I don't think I'd include Spiderman on that list.

It may be worth getting as an additional game with something else, or if you can get it cheap. But, there are other games you should probably try first.

Welcome to the Wii Board, Paj \m/

Don't buy Spiderman, there are better games out there for you to buy.

It would be great for games like Zelda Collectors edition, or Four Swords Adventures.

I find for VC games I generally use the Classic controller for 2D games but the GCN pad for 3D games.

Though, some 3rd parties do make classic controller like GCN pads.

Also, games I will recommend:

Smash Bros

Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Medal of Honor: Heros 2

Zelda TP (if you didn't play it on the GCN)

World of Goo (Wii Ware)

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (If you've played the original)

Zack And Wiki

NIGHTS

And next year I would look for The Conduit

Make sure you buy Super Mario Galaxy, Boom Blox, and World of Goo (WiiWare). All excellent games.

make sure you install the homebrew channel.

Unless you want to update your Wii, and buy newer games (since they contain updates), and get the storage solution eventually. Its probably not the best thing to do when you've first got the console.

I bought Spider-Man and Super Smash Bros Brawl yesterday, and love both! Not had a lot of time on them, though. (Sharing the wii, and lots of work to do)

Also, games I will recommend:

Smash Bros

Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Zelda TP (if you didn't play it on the GCN)

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (If you've played the original)

Got Smash Bros, but the ones I left in that list are ones that interest me. Oh, and I never knew there was a sequel to Symphonia for Wii! That's the only RPG I've ever finished/loved. I'll definitely need that.

Are you hooked up online yet, Paj?

No, because only my dad knows the password, and being a crazy paranoid computer consultant, he must of course spend years researching what could possibly go wrong with it. :indeed:

Definitely will do though.

Thanks all.

I bought Spider-Man and Super Smash Bros Brawl yesterday, and love both! Not had a lot of time on them, though. (Sharing the wii, and lots of work to do)

Got Smash Bros, but the ones I left in that list are ones that interest me. Oh, and I never knew there was a sequel to Symphonia for Wii! That's the only RPG I've ever finished/loved. I'll definitely need that.

No, because only my dad knows the password, and being a crazy paranoid computer consultant, he must of course spend years researching what could possibly go wrong with it. :indeed:

Definitely will do though.

Thanks all.

Not sure if you'd be interested or not in it, but Excite truck is quite a good game, I think I missed it on the original list.

Sign in to follow this