inFAMOUS

inFAMOUS_Logo.jpg

infamous-20081219014247281.jpg

infamous-20081219014053641.jpg

infamous-20081219014225656.jpg

Spring 2009

Video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7U6cGTdgL-8

Hands On: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/940/940036p1.html

A massive explosion rips through six square blocks of Empire City, leveling everything and everyone in its path. At the center of the blast crater a lone man has survived the event and has been changed forever. From the creators of the award-winning Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch brings you inFamous, the first open-world action-adventure title exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system.

Players will experience what happens when a real person suddenly starts developing super powers. Will they exact revenge, protect the innocent or do little of both? These are the situations gamers will face when immersed inside a richly interactive and organic living city. A place where actions create broader reactions in the citizens and landscape around them. inFamous lets players unravel an evolving mystery, experience fame and/or infamy and battle powerful, iconic villains…all the while feeling what it is like to become a modern day superhero.

A really promising looking game coming out early next year - Cole looks like a badass hero/villain that seems to have some cool moves up his sleeve.

Some of his moves:

The normal zap from his hand to electrecute enemies

Electric grenades

Telekenic pulse thing (poweful launch from the hands not too different to a starwars force push)

Linking electrical conductor materials (eg. cars) in a web

Dropping from an insanely high building and bombing down for an electical earthquake.

There hasn't been too much info for this up until recently so it's becoming more interesting and definetely a game to look out for.

(Sorry about large pictures -editing mistake)

Looks great. Its from Sucker Punch.

Hopefully it kicks the crap out of Spiderman 3.

So this is Spider-Man, but with lighting shooting out of the guy's hands instead of webs? Eh, we'll see.

Well I liked the second trailer, I just hope that there are more powers. 4 things that did look cool:

Hanging off the edge of a train and picking off an oil barrel.

Jumping off a huge building and shockwaving them off a bridge.

Launching a car into someone's grid.

Electric grenades

I would agree though I fear it may become repetitive. Lets hope there is some sort of platforming element, because at the moment is seems a bit loose.

Looks great. Like the new gameplay footage. Seems like there is a day night cycle.

It looks like its going to be great. :smile:

New HD vids: http://www.gamershell.com/news_67328.html

Reminds me of Spiderman 2 in some ways. Looks like you have plenty of other supernatural enemies though. :smile: SHould make the game more interesting.

looks kinda cool. like gta with lightning!

does make me wounder if any outher weapons will be available, though the ways in which lightning was used were vaired

He can't use guns because they're metal because and they would shock him :/

Don't understand that if he can jump from any distance and cause an electrical blast upon himself...

I understand why he can't go in water though.

The electricity acts like quite afew powers though. Plus he seems superhuman already judging by the commentary.

Since people keep comparing it to Prototype, I had to came in here and see. My opinions: It doesn't look better graphically since its has a lot less on screen, the powers look cool but REALLY repetitive (bump enemy, shoot lightning), it looks slow and boring.

Since people keep comparing it to Prototype, I had to came in here and see. My opinions: It doesn't look better graphically since its has a lot less on screen, the powers look cool but REALLY repetitive (bump enemy, shoot lightning), it looks slow and boring.

Well graphically i'd put my bets on Infamous. It has more details, lots of peopel on screen, more varied damage from small items to buildings and structures. Your abilities get upgraded as you go along. What you see is very early on. :smile:

Well graphically i'd put my bets on Infamous. It has more details, lots of peopel on screen, more varied damage from small items to buildings and structures. Your abilities get upgraded as you go along. What you see is very early on. :smile:

Is this game in anyway related to Psi-Ops as I LOVED that game.

Yeah like that and Second Sight, which was also great. This is sandbox though so very different too.

My only worry is that Sandbox games do stuggle to make missions different and interesting. I mean you can go almost anywhere at any time so it's hard to change the scenery into a normal FPS sort of level where you haven't been in a linear kind of way. It can be done if you can enter a building or part of the city for that mission only.

Is this game in anyway related to Psi-Ops as I LOVED that game.

No. Psi Ops influenced hell of alot of games though.

The Karma system has been known about for ages.

Looks pretty black and white annoyingly.

The Karma system has been known about for ages.

Looks pretty black and white annoyingly.

Black and white? Literally or metaphorically?

I'm quietly looking forward to it.

Edit: Okay, that's sexy.

infamous-20090320084032993.jpg

Edited by Daft

Yeah that was a screen I linked to but couldn't be bothered to post because I'm still a noob at doing it.

Despite popular belief Cole has quite a few powers, recent ones being levitation and the ability to unleash an actual lightning bolt for big wowz. Other interesting abilities too.

The evil look of Cole is awesome...This could be the first game where I actually play evil on my first playthrough...

^ Yeah I was wondering what I'd be, but I think I'll opt for good...again.

The game has now gone gold and will release on 25th May. Apparently some preoders they are giving away a code that allows you to use a special electricity melee weapon (kind of like electric knuckle dusters). Plus something else.

Sign in to follow this