NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Things which don't make sense in films

Bloody hell, how obvious do people need films to be :D

PS Love you really Shino!

No, he has a split personality, one side he is shagging her. The other is hearing himself shag her!

It's just some of the other situations. What do you think of the car sequence?

Same thing he's seeing himself get out of the car. Outer body and all that.....this theory can be applied to EVERY SINGLE MOMENT int he film; I'll just cut and paste it :D

Fight club, we are seeing it through the eyes Ed Norton! It's almost fantastical in that sense.

Same thing he's seeing himself get out of the car. Outer body and all that.....this theory can be applied to EVERY SINGLE MOMENT int he film; I'll just cut and paste it :D

Fight club, we are seeing it through the eyes Ed Norton! It's almost fantastical in that sense.

That's what I mean, they're both in the car with two people in the back. Who's talking at the time? Is what Norton's saying in his head because they responded to Pitt's words?

That's what I mean, they're both in the car with two people in the back. Who's talking at the time? Is what Norton's saying in his head because they responded to Pitt's words?

Exactly, yeah :D

It's not the greatest film ever for no reason! Flawless!

Norton's character is saying everyline that Norton and Pitt say. He is literally having an argument with himself. This is a real condition too, Schizophrenia look it up.

No because the scenario was supposed to be, Austin asks once, austin asks if he needs to ask two more times, austin asks two more times, Fez man doesn't answer as the three questions weren't consecutive. But Austin only ever asked twice yet both Austin and Felicity expected Fez to answer. And instead of saying, "You only asked me twice you daft twat." Fez explains about lines of questioning.

I think this could be a degree subject in itself. :heh:

There is a film I watched ages ago, its a Canadian film, called "the hole". Its rather good but the plot is sorta confusing... here goes:

from the beginning it lets you think this geeky fella locked them in this bunker and didnt rescue them. But then the whole plot spins around, the girl who introduced the whole idea actually had a key (she was in the bunker with two guys and another girl).

All but the evil girl dies, and she gets out and blames it on the geeky fella. But in the end it turns out it was her. She pushed him into a weir type thing, but surely the forensics would catch that out, rather than it being put down to suicide.

It is a pretty awesome film mind you.

Basically, 1/2 of Goldmember doesn't make sense.

The whole ending and a movie within a movie makes no sense what-so-ever.

[spoiler=]When Dr Evil is revealed as Austin Powers brother. Makes no sense at all and ruins the movie story. I can't explain it all properly really. But basically it is the majority of the movie. First and Second movies make sense storywise, but not this if you think about it.

Liar Liar makes sense, Carrey cannot lie due to lying to his son too much with the mother explaining to him why Dad can't come to the party or pratically do anything good with his son. Hence the wish, hence the hilarity of the movie. Fletcher learns an important lesson from all this.

Not true. We can disprove that because we are able to turn a clock back. We are not able to turn the Earth the other way, thus we can never know if indeed it would rewind time or not.

lol genious :bowdown:

Unless you weren't kidding, that way it'd just be retarded

Yeah, but some of it doesn't make sense. Like when he hears Durden having sex with that girl. Obviously its him having sex with her, but we see him lying in bed unable to sleep because of the noise. He's not imaginging the sex, because she's there the next morning. So she must actually be shagging him and we just couldnt see her and he is obviously so messed up in the head he had no idea because in his head it was durden sleeping with her?

I dunno, many parts are like this, but meh. It's an awesome film and you dont notice these things until the second watch.

As Tyler, he is having sex, but the idea is that the tyler part of his brain is him doing the thing that as himself he is incapable of doing so, believing himself to be himself, he imagines that he must have simply heard himself fuck her or whatever so in that case it's not Tyler who's imaginary, it's him.

lol genious :bowdown:

Unless you weren't kidding, that way it'd just be retarded

Don't encourage him.:shakehead

blasted white text

Or better still, the Terminator could've gone back to when Sarah Connor was being born or something, put a cap in her mother's head during labour.. perfect.

Ok:

The Terminator is an advanced INFILTRATION unit designed not to draw too much attention to itself before completing its mission. It's then pretty much a redundant machine.

Going kung-fu on the cops would have made sense, but the machine was damaged, quite badly, though not incapacitated. It's very possible that it would not have completed its mission.

Plus: Skynet only knew the name of Sarah Connor, no history, no records of birth or anything. Just at the point before judgement day, she was living in that city at that time.

Also: - 4,659,000 points for having the downright cheek to criticise one of the greatest movies ever made.

Something that annoyed me was the way they mercilessly killed off Hicks and Newt in Alien 3. But that wasn't a plot hole or goof so much as the worst crime in history ever committed, including the crucifixion.

Oh yes, and Hypercube. I mean, why?

Mulan

There are occasions where Mushu is in plain sight of many people, my main example being when Mulan is trying to think of her male name. You see Mushu popping up behind her head, and when it cuts to her face from the front you can see other soldiers not far away.

My theory is that Mushu can appear invisible when he chooses, although this is never explained/implied.

This is one that's pissed me off for ages.

1:50-2:10

Austin asks the guy once, then says, "Do I reallly have to ask you two more times?". He then asks more and Felicity says that he has to answer because he asked him three times. And the Fez guy explains about it being in a new line of questions. BUT HE ONLY EVER ASKED HIM TWICE!!! The whole scene is a lie.

That one's always bugged me too.

---

All of Fight Club makes sense with the end revelation. It's not like Palahniuk wrote all the book, then came up with the ending and just hoped that it fit along the way. You just have to think a little less literally and not assume what you're seeing is exactly what happened.

---

Superman 2

Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second per second... Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel... Miss Lane who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour hits them and lands softly when she should in theory be sliced into three equal pieces.

Maybe Superman moved his arms downwards as he caught Lois to absorb the impact, like when you catch a fast moving ball and move your hand backwards the moment you catch it, no pain.

If you want to criticise Superman there's some way easier ones, like how in Superman Returns he can lift a continent even though he struggled to keep an aeroplane in the air, and it's made of frickin kryptonite. Or at the end of Superman 2 he came back from his mortal life and said to the president "I won't let you down again", then he went away for 5 years to find Krypton.

Norton's character is saying everyline that Norton and Pitt say. He is literally having an argument with himself. This is a real condition too, Schizophrenia look it up.

no. that isnt schizophrenia.

schizophrenia is a term used to fit a number of psychological conditions, ironicly, not a split personality.

as far as i can remeber, thats split personality syndrome.

litterlay every one thinks that schizophrenia is a split personality. its not.

no. that isnt schizophrenia.

schizophrenia is a term used to fit a number of psychological conditions, ironicly, not a split personality.

as far as i can remeber, thats split personality syndrome.

litterlay every one thinks that schizophrenia is a split personality. its not.

Chris speaks the truth. It's confusing as the word "schizophrenia" comes from the Greek word "schizein" which means "to split", but schizophrenia is NOT the same as split personality syndrome.

It's multiple personality disorder, not split personality syndrome, as far as I'm aware. *hasn't looked it up*

ok new one

Armageddon

all of it

Armageddon is a freakin' docu-drama compared to The Day After Tomorrow

It's multiple personality disorder, not split personality syndrome, as far as I'm aware. *hasn't looked it up*

That's probably it. Whatever the case, the disorder's scientific name is fairly self-explanatory.

charlies angels 2.

im tempted to say that the film was made, but in particular

the irish man slowly walks through flames. jump, maybe he could. but he just saunters through.

also, in the final battle they all get coverd in cuts and damage, but then, mere moments later, they are in there ball gowns without a flaw in sight.

Apocalypse now, the last 15 minutes drag one for hours! It's a tear in the space-time continuum.