NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Things which don't make sense in films

The Happening. No particular part of, just the entirety of, The Happening. I prefer to call it The Crappening it was that stupid.

I think Flinky was trying to say (although its been years since I've watched the film) the kid was asking for his dad to no longer be a lawyer but being a child he says liar (because thats what he thinks the name of his dad's job is, chances are he doesn't know the actual meaning of "liar", or if he does he's never contemplated that it isn't a job) and thus due to him saying "liar" (meaning lawyer) Jim Carrey can no longer lie. Hilarity ensues.

The line is he wishes for "one day dad couldn't tell a lie" Not a lawy :( But I see where you're coming from.

Don't be a f00l, Eevil. This film rocks, and you know eet. :heh:

I'm not bein' no f00'. It is a pr0 film.

Well, they couldn't find it could they. The police obviously did an investigation in the building where Lawrence was caught, just after he hid the diamond, and don't you think they would be wondering where such an expensive diamond was? But they didn't find it, the police station just happened to be built using that building. Once Wilson knew who Lawrence really was it wouldn't have been hard to piece it together.

Noone else seemed to care, if they did an investigation they would've know who Lawrence was, the moment he set foot in the building they would've been on him in an pr0 arrest orgie.

In theory of course.

We discover that the other dude is just an alter ego, a lot of the interactions they had together were impossible.

We discover that the other dude is just an alter ego, a lot of the interactions they had together were impossible.

I've thought of that numerous times. They show a few of their interactions, but don't really explain many of them.

POTC: At Worlds End

Where the heck does the Mailstrum go at the end? I had my own theory but i'm not sure if i'm right. Basically i was thinking that Calypso made the Mailstrum in the first place to kill Davy Jones, whom she had recently discovered betrayed her by telling the original Brethren Court how to bind her. Then when Davy Jones is killed, her work is done, so she stops the Mailstrum. It sort of makes sense i guess, but i dunno.

Also, after that, even though the pirates now have the Pearl and the Flying Dutchman, why didn't Beckett and his army fight? Okay, he was in shock, but come on. It was like 10 pirate ships versus 100's. They still had a chance!

It was all in Norton's mind. It's not really possible for me to have a conversation with Godzilla, but if I'm crazy enough to truly believe that I am.....well I am. Norton's mind truly believed that Durden was around.

Yeah, but some of it doesn't make sense. Like when he hears Durden having sex with that girl. Obviously its him having sex with her, but we see him lying in bed unable to sleep because of the noise. He's not imaginging the sex, because she's there the next morning. So she must actually be shagging him and we just couldnt see her and he is obviously so messed up in the head he had no idea because in his head it was durden sleeping with her?

I dunno, many parts are like this, but meh. It's an awesome film and you dont notice these things until the second watch.

Yeah, but some of it doesn't make sense. Like when he hears Durden having sex with that girl. Obviously its him having sex with her, but we see him lying in bed unable to sleep because of the noise. He's not imaginging the sex, because she's there the next morning. So she must actually be shagging him and we just couldnt see her and he is obviously so messed up in the head he had no idea because in his head it was durden sleeping with her?

I dunno, many parts are like this, but meh. It's an awesome film and you dont notice these things until the second watch.

Maybe he does the shagging at night, which then torturess him in the day, kinda like when Durden was building the mattresses [Was it?] in the basement which only he could hear when Marla was round. One moment I find weird was when they're in the car and he lets it run off-road. Is he saying both voices and doing both actions [holding the wheel]

Has anyone played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines? There is a character Jeanette with 2 personalities. That is essentially Durden and the other guy, when they're having a conversation it's really just one person talking to himself. When the two of them fight it's really just one guy beating the shit out of himself while taking imaginary punches. When he's shagging Marla he's thinks it's Durden and just can't sleep. It's really him and that's why he can't sleep.

'Bout Liar Liar, Carrey said he would be at his son's party. He didn't, so he lied to the kid, prompting the wish.

'Bout Liar Liar, Carrey said he would be at his son's party. He didn't, so he lied to the kid, prompting the wish.

It's technically not the same as such. He whined about breaking promises. But it is a bit of a long shot I say.

Thing in Star Wars. When you see Obi-Wan as a ghost, he should be naked. He vanished without his clothes. Yoda took them with him.

The Terminator.

After the car chase scene where Kyle Reese was arrested and the Terminator crashed into a wall, why didn't he get out, kill all the cops, Reese and then Sarah Connor? He had a great chance there and then.

Why did he go off to take his eye out and put sunglasses on?

Some people say it's because he needed repairs, but surely he would have still been able to take out a few cops.

Bet no-one can explain that.

By the way, any time travel aspects shouldn't be allowed in this thread as they always create anomalies.

Or better still, the Terminator could've gone back to when Sarah Connor was being born or something, put a cap in her mother's head during labour.. perfect.

About The Matrix trilogy, I can't help wonder: Since Neo was meant to restart the Matrix from the beginning, what would have happened had the Agents killed him beforehand?

Mamma Mia, there's this part in it that makes absolutely no sense... the part in which people actually like it.

Or better still, the Terminator could've gone back to when Sarah Connor was being born or something, put a cap in her mother's head during labour.. perfect.

They had no idea who she was or what she looked like. Only that she lived in Los Angeles and was called Sarah Connor. They would have had no idea how to find John's ancestors.

It's technically not the same as such. He whined about breaking promises. But it is a bit of a long shot I say.

But if he says he'll be at something then doesn't turn up (over and over again) then that is definitely lying. Which is what he did.

This is one that's pissed me off for ages.

1:50-2:10

Austin asks the guy once, then says, "Do I reallly have to ask you two more times?". He then asks more and Felicity says that he has to answer because he asked him three times. And the Fez guy explains about it being in a new line of questions. BUT HE ONLY EVER ASKED HIM TWICE!!! The whole scene is a lie.

^ simple answer to that is that the Fez guy is right. 'Do I really have to ask you two more times?' is a new question in a new line of questions so it cancels out the original 'Where is Dr. Evil's secret lair?' and so he would have to ask him not once more but twice more after thinking he should get the answer from his third question.

^ simple answer to that is that the Fez guy is right. 'Do I really have to ask you two more times?' is a new question in a new line of questions so it cancels out the original 'Where is Dr. Evil's secret lair?' and so he would have to ask him not once more but twice more after thinking he should get the answer from his third question.

No Austin says, "Do I really have to aks you two more times?" and then only asks one more time. And Felicity says that Austin asked him three times. The new line of questioning meant that the three questions had to be consecutive, but Austin only ever asked twice anyway.

^ I know. But he cancelled out the first line of questioning by asking 'Do I really have to ask you two more times?' and then cancelled that out by starting a new line of questions with 'Where is Dr. Evil's secret lair?' meaning he hadn't said either of them in succession and would therefore have to ask twice more in the third line of questioning as technically it was a new line of questioning even though he'd already asked it previously.

But Felicity says, "You have to answer, he asked you three times." I understand Fez man's reasoning but it only works if the question has been asked 3 times in total.

Exactly. Why Felicity said that I have no idea. Probably trying to get at the dopey blonde character idea.

Exactly. Why Felicity said that I have no idea. Probably trying to get at the dopey blonde character idea.

No because the scenario was supposed to be, Austin asks once, austin asks if he needs to ask two more times, austin asks two more times, Fez man doesn't answer as the three questions weren't consecutive. But Austin only ever asked twice yet both Austin and Felicity expected Fez to answer. And instead of saying, "You only asked me twice you daft twat." Fez explains about lines of questioning.