NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

O2's Router absolutely terrible?

I've had O2 broadband for about 6 weeks now, when it works it's fantastic but the router seems to be absolutely terrible. The first week seemed fine, the 2nd was riddled with wireless drops (even when in the same room as the router) then it was fine again and now it's been dropping the connection loads. It works fine over ethernet, it's just the wireless which is terrible. It happens on every computer in the flat no matter where they are.

Any ideas why this could be happening or is the router just shit?

I've got an O2 router at home, and both me and my sister use the wireless for our laptops. It's slightly weaker signal-wise than the Netgear one we also have, but it makes no noticeable difference.

I recall having the same problem, however, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks after we got it. It went away, mysteriously, after that.

I reckon you either need to update your router's drivers or it's just the classic '1 in 1000' models that doesn't work properly. Either that or they have a built in "break for a fortnight shortly after it's installed" function.

I've got an O2 router at home, and both me and my sister use the wireless for our laptops. It's slightly weaker signal-wise than the Netgear one we also have, but it makes no noticeable difference.

I recall having the same problem, however, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks after we got it. It went away, mysteriously, after that.

I reckon you either need to update your router's drivers or it's just the classic '1 in 1000' models that doesn't work properly. Either that or they have a built in "break for a fortnight shortly after it's installed" function.

Maybe ours is faulty then, tried to see if I could update the firmware but apparently you can't even do that?

Going to give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure there's a new version of the firmware out than is installed on the O2 WB 2s, but for some reason O2 are reluctant to give it out.

I replaced my O2 router with a D-Link D 2470B, been pretty good since then.

Sign in to follow this