NEurope
killer kirby

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii/Wii U Online RPG)

I don't know if it's true, but from what I am seeing from Gaf, it's FUCKING TRUE!!!!

Square-Enix had a Dragon Quest conference just a moment ago (Iwata was there as well it seems) And it seems like they said that Dragon Quest X is coming for the Wii.

Now if this is false, please lock or delete this thread....but if it isn't....HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I NEED SOME NEW FUCKING PANTS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link of the blog that was updating the event

http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/ (Japanese only, Obviously)

Edited by Grazza

Everybody seems to be reporting it as true, so it must be. :D

Question is, does this make up for Square-Enix's poor support thus far? And will this game even get to us? :heh:

This actually does make up for everything! Best news ever... IN YOUR FACE SONY!!! This and Monster Hunter 3 - Wii will totally dominate Japan!

True, but they better hurry up localisation then. Us Western Wii owners are in dire need of titles like this.

SURPRISE... not. Still nice to have it confirmed.

Moving the main series first to DS makes it obvious for me that the next one would be on the dominating home console so Wii. I wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom Hearts have the same fate (but since there's Nomura behind, they're gonna have to kill him before).

Never played a Dragon Quest before (just try a SNES one but dropped it when I got raped by the very first ennemies... WTH??) so I'll most likely give it a try with this one (or the DS one).

would of liked to seen it released on 360/PS3 but that was never gonna happen. They better not include BS waggle controls.

yes, yes, all over my... *screams*

*reads above post*

heh, I hope they add lots of waggle just to please the PS360 fan; oh, and while we're talking about unlikely approaches to the matter, make a special version of Dragon Quest IX that only uses the touch screen for him too. (my point? they haven't done it wrong on the DS, why should they make it wrong on the Wii? geez, stereotypes and stuff)

NICE

i only played the Ds VErsion of Dragon Quest and loved it

cant wait i just know they wont screw this one up

Apparently a little trailer was shown so don't know whether it'll appear later on today or whether it was for the eyes of those only at the event.

Regardless, this is big news for the Wii and Nintendo. I'm sure Iwata is sitting in his house right now with the biggest grin on his face while he lights a cigar with a ridiculously large note of money. Must be a right kick in the pants for Sony to not only losses IX but also X.

I've actually been having a sorta decent morning here and this is a great piece of news! Wonder what they will incorporate that is Wii specific- I'd be happy with some motion controls and stuff, I mean, why not? Just like with any game, if the controls are done well, then I will welcome them. :hehe:

With DQ 9 looking like its gonna be an instant classic... the series can do no wrong. :yay:

Oh my fracking gawd T_T This is everything I was hoping for, a good main entry DQ title for the Wii. Would be epic if there was online co-op like the DS with WiiSpeak.

Yup this is amazing news! I'm so glad it's on the Wii! Guess this will be one of the last big Wii games to release before the next console!

Does anyone else find it hard to get excited for this game when it's previous iteration still isn't gonna be out in Europe for another 6-12 months?

Good news for the Wii though, may the RPG onslaught begin (And I can then dust off my Wii).

Nope, I find it very exciting. We recently had DQ IV, we have V early next year, have VI and IX on the way for the DS then X for the Wii.

Exciting times :D

Awesome! I now have a reason to get another Wii, hopefully in black with a price drop by the time this hits. Cant wait to see some footage

HOLY SHIT

Square-Enix is redeemed! And they made a viable financial decision on home consoles! *gasp*

Does anyone else find it hard to get excited for this game when it's previous iteration still isn't gonna be out in Europe for another 6-12 months?

Good news for the Wii though, may the RPG onslaught begin (And I can then dust off my Wii).

Jammy!! I've missed you man. ^^

Anyway, yes, I agree. How many years do you think we in Europe will be getting this?

Jammy!! I've missed you man. ^^

Anyway, yes, I agree. How many years do you think we in Europe will be getting this?

I doubt we'll even get it in 2009. It's still great to know.

I doubt we'll even get it in 2009. It's still great to know.

Dragon Quest X most likely won't even hit Japan next year unless they've changed their ways of announcing games. They announced Dragon Quest IX in 2007, that's only just been confirmed for a March release. 2010 for Europe, most likely.

Well DQ IX was originally supposed to be out last year though, it got a load of delays so it might not happen with this one. Though I do agree that it'll be a 2010 release. DQ IX for '09 and X for '10.

"Earth! Wind! Fire! Water! Heart! Go Captain Wii"

teammegaton.jpg

Well DQ IX was originally supposed to be out last year though, it got a load of delays so it might not happen with this one. Though I do agree that it'll be a 2010 release. DQ IX for '09 and X for '10.

It will be more likey DQX for 2011