NEurope
killer kirby

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii/Wii U Online RPG)

I'm still thinking that the game could head to the 3DS rather than the Wii. It just seems to make more business sense to put it on a handheld where it would do stupidly high numbers in Japan. Yeah, I know it will still sell well on a console but given the numbers IX did on the DS it just seems like a no brainer.

Dragon Quest III was the best selling game in the series until Dragon Quest VII came out, then VIII sold about the same then IX came in and sold like a million more.

Plus this is Dragon Quest, Horii goes to where the biggest crowd is, which is the Wii, now that the DS is dying and the 3DS is approaching, but releasing it on the 3DS is not very Dragon Quest, since 3DS has 0 userbase at the moment :heh:

I agree that the 3DS would likely be the better console for DQ X (with the newfangled tag mode, etc) but if they keep it on the Wii I'm not gonna complain. As long as its on a console I own then its all good.
Yeah, tag mode failed big time over here, :shakehead there's no doubt the 3DS's street pass system would help matters.

As for DQ on Wii, as long as it kept the customisation aspect from IX (character creation and collectable clothing/items) then I'd definitely be interested I reckon. :) I know that most people probably aren't bothered by that feature, but for me it was one of the key factors in getting the DS game, and it's pretty much the sole reason that I'm still playing it now. ;)

Being on Wii could be advantageous for the online aspects of the game too, wow...never thought I'd be saying that! :laughing:

But seriously, imagine tag mode done via the Wii address book/Connect 24. Could even see the multiplayer side of things brought online too.

Yeah, tag mode failed big time over here, :shakehead there's no doubt the 3DS's street pass system would help matters.

As for DQ on Wii, as long as it kept the customisation aspect from IX (character creation and collectable clothing/items) then I'd definitely be interested I reckon. :) I know that most people probably aren't bothered by that feature, but for me it was one of the key factors in getting the DS game, and it's pretty much the sole reason that I'm still playing it now. ;)

Being on Wii could be advantageous for the online aspects of the game too, wow...never thought I'd be saying that! :laughing:

But seriously, imagine tag mode done via the Wii address book/Connect 24. Could even see the multiplayer side of things brought online too.

Exactly. ONLINE CO-OP!!!!

Would've made IX the perfect game for me.

WHo knows about the 3DS's street pass. It's interesting to see at least. This time people don't need a specific game to be in to get something making it much more user friendly.

As for DQ on Wii, as long as it kept the customisation aspect from IX (character creation and collectable clothing/items) then I'd definitely be interested I reckon. :)

I think this feature will be in from now on, although perhaps not creating your character but more around the clothing and equipment you have on (Although I see no damage having a customized character now anyway)

Yuji Horii likes to always try something new in each Dragon Quest game,to make sure it's always new and fresh. I shall be very interested in seeing what he pulls off on the Wii tbh. And with Nintendo sticking very closely with the series now, I am sure he can do whatever he wants(Heck I think Genius Sonority is the one developing this game with horii, not Level 5 this time.)

Rumour: Looks like the reveal is set for the end of the month in V-Jump.

Aussie Gamer have apparently translated a small image for what's coming in the next issue.

Japanese Magazine “V-Jump†has recently posted a small nugget of information regarding what it feels will be the biggest game of 2011/12.

The game is Dragon Quest X – Square Enix’s long awaited entry to the hugely popular Dragon Quest series. The game was first announced in 2008 and has been described as the highest profile third-party release ever announced for the Nintendo Wii.

Dragon Quest X will be a Nintendo Wii Exclusive

V-Jump has said that it will feature a full reveal of the game in an upcoming issue (in fact, it’s next issue) but has not revealed any details so far. The next issue of V-Jump will be released in Japan on January 21, 2011.

The first Dragon Quest game was released in 1986 to critical acclaim. The series helped shape the RPG genre and has gone on to selling over 53 Million units worldwide.

(Heck I think Genius Sonority is the one developing this game with horii, not Level 5 this time.)

If true, what do you think of that? Level-5 are immense.

Rumour: Looks like the reveal is set for the end of the month in V-Jump.

Aussie Gamer have apparently translated a small image for what's coming in the next issue.

:santa: Get the news posted here as soon as it breaks H-o-M-a-W!

If true, what do you think of that? Level-5 are immense.

Truth be told, I don't really care, if they can make the battle system faster then what they had in DQVIII I'll be happy, DQIX was very well paced. But I seriously wish for another mode, something like Dragon Quest V remake would be a perfect different option.

:santa: Get the news posted here as soon as it breaks H-o-M-a-W!

I found the website H-O-T forgot to put a link too, and looking at it, it has no mention too Dragon Quest X. Seriously this game will most likely be shown at a press conference just dedicated to the series before being shown in a magazine

Genius Sonority did a decent job with DQ: Swords, but I think I'd prefer Level 5.

I found the website H-O-T forgot to put a link too, and looking at it, it has no mention too Dragon Quest X.

Look harder.

Rafiki.bmp

http://aussie-gamer.com/dragon-quest-reveal-coming/

It doesn't really matter though as it looks to be a fake or at least a mix up with the translation.

As for Genius Sonority, im not really keen on them. Their Pokemon games on the Cube were highly average and Dragon Quest Swords was the same. I never did finish DQS as the game couldn't hold my attention.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

nextinfo_001.jpg

Thats the pic right? The only thing I see is a Dragon that looks very Toriyama art style, but that could mean anything.

I really hope we see Dragon Quest X info, but I am being as negative as I can be now just so I don't get upset if they show bugger all.

Finally, a little news about the game.

We've heard precious little news regarding Dragon Quest X since it was first announced as a Wii exclusive back in 2008. However, according to a new interview with series lynchpin Yuji Horii, the game is nearly finished and a reveal is imminent.

"All we can say is that development is going well and we're on the last parts of the game," Horii told Nintendo Power magazine, as reported by GoNintendo.

"We can't really share much else at this point, but by the end of this year we should be able to announce something regarding it."

Horii confirmed that the game was still being developed for the Wii and hinted that fans of Dragon Quest VIII, which released on PlayStation 2 in 2004, should be happy with the direction the game is taking.

"I feel that some users will want to play Dragon Quest on the big screen, which is why we are working toward releasing it on Wii. Of course, in the future we might develop on handhelds again, so it's really a case-by-case basis. It all depends on what the customer wants at that time.

"Something else we hear is that players want a new Dragon Quest that follows the same system of Dragon Quest VIII, so that's something else we're taking into consideration while in development for a Dragon Quest on Wii."

The last game in Square-Enix's phenomenally successful RPG series, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, hit the DS last year.

"We can't really share much else at this point, but by the end of this year we should be able to announce something regarding it."

I guess that means we won't see an English another year or 2 :( (Unless they're announcing it's out in Europe first :P <- *dreaming*).

Horii confirmed that the game was still being developed for the Wii and hinted that fans of Dragon Quest VIII, which released on PlayStation 2 in 2004, should be happy with the direction the game is taking.

Good stuff as long as it isn't too similar.

"Something else we hear is that players want a new Dragon Quest that follows the same system of Dragon Quest VIII, so that's something else we're taking into consideration while in development for a Dragon Quest on Wii."

Woo-hoo!!!

If this is an April Fool, I'll Thunder Thrust the culprit!

Dragon Quest VIII graphics+ a mixture of Dragon Quest V and VII storytelling+ Dragon Quest IX customisation + Dragon Quest IX post game content = Orgasmic Dragon Quest for me :D

doooooo it Horii!!!

And I hope the announcement of the showing of the game also leads to the announcement of Dragon Quest VII remake for the Wii :D

Edited by killer kirby

Personally, I'd like them to take the tone and graphics engine of Dragon Quest VIII. Yuji Horii has recently admitted they've been toning them down for foreign markets, which I don't think is desirable. Puff-Puff please!

I'd also like the characters to remain more separate, ie. different weapons, but easier to max them all out than VIII, and no need to all use the same weapon.

Dragon Quest IX did make a lot of improvements though. I would like the instant Alchemy from that, but without the farmable items like "Royal Soil", which made it feel a bit like an MMO.

I'm undecided about random battles. The system in IX turned walking round the overworld into a series of "ping!" (enemy runs off) or "ping!" (enemy runs at you). This system is essential if we're going to be hunting Metal Slimes or want to steal something from a particular monster, but... is that really necessary?

I certainly don't want to revocate if I get to level 99, or even change vocation really. Please lets have the great characters back, like Yangus & co.

Finally, I would not like to be sitting at the Wii for as long as I've sat with my DSi XL. A length similar to VIII would be ideal. Please, no 2% drops or 1% chances of getting something. Or at least let us swap items with fellow gamers.

Can't wait! :)

EDIT - Oh, how could I forget? We've got to have visible armour, like in DQIX! I'd love to see some of my favourite armour rendered on the Wii.

Edited by Grazza

Great to have further confirmation that they have been beavering away at DQ X and its still on course for the Wii.

I think I agree with everything Grazza says above. DQ IX is an amazing game but I don't think a console version would work as well if made in a similar mould. I couldn't imagine sitting grinding for 2% drops in front of my TV but I've been doing it on the DSi with not too many qualms.

Any thoughts on how motion controls will be incorporated?

Personally, I'd like them to take the tone and graphics engine of Dragon Quest VIII. Yuji Horii has recently admitted they've been toning them down for foreign markets, which I don't think is desirable. Puff-Puff please!

It's pattycake now get that in your head patty...cake. Enjoy it when you play DQVI. People are making to much fuss over one little thing, it's starting to annoy me, there is still plenty of charm in IX and the remakes

I'm undecided about random battles. The system in IX turned walking round the overworld into a series of "ping!" (enemy runs off) or "ping!" (enemy runs at you). This system is essential if we're going to be hunting Metal Slimes or want to steal something from a particular monster, but... is that really necessary?

I loved the enemies being visible in DQIX, I was very unsure to begin with when it was first announced, I always loved the random battles and it always made the dugeons and towers a bit tighter and more fun. You could tell in DQVIII that they were thinking of making them visible, hence why it had such an open area dungeon, was easily the worst cave/dungeon design in the Dragon Quest series because of them not deciding on having visible eneimes or not.

I certainly don't want to revocate if I get to level 99, or even change vocation really. Please lets have the great characters back, like Yangus & co.

If not that then perhaps something else for the longterm of the game, so lets say instead use skills, getting 100 on 2 skills opens another path of another skill which uses the advantage of the 2 skills you already mastered. Not only would this be interesting, but also make the character even more independent on the skills they have.

Finally, I would not like to be sitting at the Wii for as long as I've sat with my DSi XL. A length similar to VIII would be ideal. Please, no 2% drops or 1% chances of getting something. Or at least let us swap items with fellow gamers.

pfft fuck that give me 500+ hours like MH3 and DQIX have given me :D

It's pattycake now get that in your head patty...cake. Enjoy it when you play DQVI. People are making to much fuss over one little thing, it's starting to annoy me, there is still plenty of charm in IX and the remakes

What are you talking about? Why should I "get it into my head" that's it's pattycake when this is the first time I've heard it referred to as that? I'll call it pattycake when a European release calls it that. Until then it's Puff-Puff.

And I'm not really making a "fuss", but why should I ignore it?

What are you talking about? Why should I "get it into my head" that's it's pattycake when this is the first time I've heard it referred to as that? I'll call it pattycake when a European release calls it that. Until then it's Puff-Puff.

Look forward to talking to you when you finally get around to play DQVI

And I'm not really making a "fuss", but why should I ignore it?

Look forward to talking to you when you finally get around to play DQVI

Is it similar to a "pat-pat", haven't heard of pattycake?

Is it similar to a "pat-pat", haven't heard of pattycake?

I'll get pic of where a woman said puff puff in the DQVI SNES version, but now in the english version gotten 'pattycake'

puff puff won't go away because it's on a 'Nintendo' system, shit, it's been there since the NES times. It's all up to the group of guys who will never stop making stupid fucking puns in the Dragon Quest series if we get puff puff in the game.