NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Blur on new TV, normal or not?

I recently bought a Toshiba Regza 32AV555DB for HD gaming. I use a component cable for my 360 (being as it's a Core model) and a HDMI cable for my PS3.

However, I've noticed that it blurs when moving camera angles, this includes looking around/aiming in first person games. Is this normal? My TV has a 6ms response time in case that helps...

Do you mean ghosting? If so then no. Whilst 6ms isn't the greatest response time you can get it is still good.

It's possible that it is the cables that are to blame. If it only works with one console then this is likely. Try different cables and see if it still does it.

Try the VGA cable for your 360 and see if that makes any difference. Works fantastic with my Core.

Do you mean ghosting? If so then no. Whilst 6ms isn't the greatest response time you can get it is still good.

It's possible that it is the cables that are to blame. If it only works with one console then this is likely. Try different cables and see if it still does it.

I don't think it's ghosting. It just blurs when I move the camera or aim in games. I've just wacthed some HD videos on my 360, and they're fine, no bluring at all. Watching game cutscenes is also fine. So it only appears to be when I'm gaming. This also happens with my PS3. Maybe it's just me. :heh:

Try the VGA cable for your 360 and see if that makes any difference. Works fantastic with my Core.

I would try it, but my TV doesn't have any VGA sockets. Ty anyway though.

If it has 6ms response time then you realy shouldnt be getting blur at all... my Samsung has a 8ms response time and im not getting noticable ghosting.

6ms is plenty fast, response times aren't the main issue, it's refresh rates.....or was I think most LCDs refresh plenty fast now. Even when they don't it's pixelation and not bluring.

Is it in-game motion blur that you perhaps never noticed before going HD? Blur has become very very common in most games.

I think it might be motion blur tbh, I guess I just never noticed it before. :heh: I'll probably try and get a mate round one of the days, to check it out. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the help though!

Most games these days seem to add in a bit of motion blur these days, you're probably fine :-)

You could be sure by plugging into another TV. It seems unlikely it's the cables, with an HDMI at least, you either get a picture, you get serious breakup or you get nothing at all, there's no in between as far as I know.

Play a game that never had motion blur.

Turn off all extra processing options on the Toshiba e.g DNR or contrast+ etc. All of these add lag. Certainly with the PS3 these should never be on. Let the panel display the way it was meant to be. If its the CELL based panel, then turn on options one by one to see what one causes lag.

Tweak picture using a Blu Ray calibration in some movies.

I know exactly what you're talking about! I've noticed exactly the same thing, tell me do you have Fable 2? I get it on my TV really badly around the edge of my character when he moves, is that what you're talking about?

I don't have Fable 2, but that's pretty much what it is, plus the entire surrounding scene blurs.

I've talked to a mate and I've done some research on this. Tbh, all this seems like is normal LCD blur, my mate has exactly the same prob on his TV. Plus when I was playing Left 4 Dead earlier on my PC, using a different lcd monitor, the same blur happened, only not quite as bad.

Thanks anyways though folks!