NEurope
Dante

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Okay I wasn't that excited before, mainly because I haven't read about it, but after reading that I really can't wait. It sounds awesome. My one problem with the first was, as Edge said, the shooting and exploring was a bit disjointed but also it got a bit repetitive. Sounds like they've sorted that out.

I wonder what happened to blond lady from the first one. What was her name?

Anyone know the rough release date?

Thanks very much Dante!!

Elena was the blonde lass, maybe she couldn't take anymore adventuring :P lol

Think it's like a Xmas 2009 game.

Killzone will no doubt dominate early next year. Would be suicide for any action game releasing alongside it.

Tbh I hope it doesn't come out till the end of 2009, the more time spent on it the better as I think it will need it... the stealth bits could be iffy unless they are done right, everything else sounds about right apart from the title, they should change the name but it has potential and for however good the original was it could still have been better, so as long as this sequel improves upon what was already there then it will be a success. :)

*Edit* also I don't care if Elena is in it or not or Sully for that matter, sure Elena & Nathan there was "chemistry" 'n shit but he could easily be a Bond like char with a new female in each game, theres nothing bad about his character, just nothing amazing either... funny at times but he feels like a "Template-for-a-hero-Character" so I guess it would be nice if they fleshed out his personality a bit more this time around and as for Sully he was ok but I found him annoying at times. >> *runs or whatever*

Sully was annoying.

It sounds like the stealth thing is just an optional way to play parts.

I thought Sully was a good character but maybe that was just me. I don't think they necessarily had to impose personality on Drake, he seemed like a layed back guy with a funny sense of humour that didn't mind kicking ass and jumping from great heights.

I don't think the 'using full power' thing is actually going to make too much difference, from what I've seen so far MGS4 still looks better than it.

I am gonna love the game though, I know it won't let me down. Sounds too good and I was a major fan of the first.

For the graphics doubters:

In the first game, they used two different character models for cut-scenes and gameplay, but now they have the same character model for both. They also proved to us that the scene in the VGA trailer was indeed real time, showing us the scene again and moving the camera around inside and outside of the train in 3D space.

108768_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

xqcs8.jpg

108763_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

108764_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

108765_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

108762_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

mru3xt.jpg

3538ffs.jpg

Those screens are amazing. I actually can't think of a game I'm looking forward to more this year than this. Hopefully it won't disappoint as Uncharted is still the second PS3 game after MGS4.

Seeing as Uncharted kicked some serious ass, if they work some of the original games little kinks out this game will be even better.

Yeah this game will rule. I hardly ever even complete any games these days, but Uncharted was just...awesome, I had to complete it.

Already looks better than KZ2 imo. Reminds me of the Phendrana drifts. And that has been something that has been stuck in the back of my head that I was meaning to say - There were loads of large rooms in the first yet the platforming did sometimes seem unsubstantial. If rooms take longer to navigate and work out then the game could really make a name for itself. (Even more)

They must be working like dogs at..Naughty Dog. Uncharted 2 looks incredible, no doubt to anyone how it will play, this series is not all about graphics.

They must be working like dogs at..Naughty Dog. Uncharted 2 looks incredible, no doubt to anyone how it will play, this series is not all about graphics.

Alot of people have not played the first one. Its a gem. Sony should bundle it.

It seems there's no honour amongst thieves as Italians stole some clandestine footage of this game in action at GDC. As you might expect the footage isn't that great quality wise — stream, download — but even this small glimpse has secured Uncharted 2 as my most wanted game this year. Everything about it looks better, especially the climbing; Nathan Drake moved a bit too fast in the original, like he was some kind of robotic monkey-man.

New screens

34ii6ub.jpg

zwkhds.jpgp

2unypzr.jpg

1zvvhw0.jpg

2wmhyyd.jpg

k0t3ir.jpg

-Multiplayer co-op for 3 players. Different story than single player. Zones/actions in the map requiered for 2/3 players. Mini bosses in each section. Players will revive after a few seconds (lees if the other players helkp to revive)

-Deathmatch. 4vs4 you can choose two skills. And you need to explore like in Uncharted 1 to find the strongest weapons.

-Capture the treasure, is like CTF. 4vs4 trying to steal treasures from the enemy base.

niubie.com

I'm not against the idea of multiplayer, it's just it won't be a longterm attraction. 8 player games can only be interesting for a short while. Still looks cool though.

Looks good. Having separate coop is good too!

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090426052445469.jpg

beta here i come.

2607dcz.gif