NEurope
Dante

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game Informer Jan 09:

Fancy yourself an Uncharted fan? Well you’re not going to want to miss our next cover (sequel!). We’ve got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves featuring 10 pages of world-exclusive details. Nathan Drake returns with a whole new adventure which revolves around the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story. The new issue also feature the first details on Guitar Hero: Metallica plus tons of the latest news, previews, features and reviews. As an added bonus, we’ve also got the brand-new teaser trailer for Uncharted 2, enjoy!

2nav38g.jpg

Seconded, trailer was nice but I would like to see Moar! regardless though this will probably be a decent sequel hopefully.

I played the first three levels of the first one, it's a damn good game, kind of Indiana Jones-like in its story.

Finally! Loved the original. The idea of stealth doesn't do it for me but I'll be more than happy to pick it up :D

Same here. Event went back for the platinum. :smile: Snow locale looks promising.

fantastic news, not all that keen on the inclusion of stealth play though. It's like we have gone back in time when every game under the sun tried to include stealth play...

Delighted this is coming back though, have to go back and play the original again at some point., one of my favourite PS3 games.

Stealth? Ew :(

The new subtitle? Oh god thats bad.

But I'm excited about a new Uncharted. So great!

Not so fussed about the stealth aspect, dont want it to get into MGS territory but i will be pre-ordering this for sure.

Uncharted is still my favorite game this year (got it in January ^^).

i'd like goldeneye esc stealth, ie, its an option you can take or you can just rambo it.

playing it on crushing now, have to say, id rather sneak past some of these fights!

I wonder if they'll be chasing classic Splinter Cell for the stealth parts. I'm fucking having this!

I like stealth if I have the option to blast people away.

Hope my PS3 doesn't break before this is out. [/bitterness]

I would take the subtitle 'Among Thieves' with a pinch of salt. GameInformer has made up names before, calling Resistance 2 'United we Fall'

Burks.

Here's some details from eurogamer.

Naughty Dog has said Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will come close to using all of the PS3's power, after the first game used just "30 to 40 per cent".

That's according to the Game Informer reveal (read by a poster on the Gametrailers forum), which provides the first details and images of the sequel.

We're told to expect a brand new female lead in the shape of Chloe Frazer, who'll be played by Claudia Black from Stargate SG-1 and Farscape. She may use a rocket launcher, as suggested by cut-scene footage.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, revolves around Nathan Drake finding the lost ships of Marco Polo. Action adventure will still very much be the focus, and Naughty Dog has made significant improvements to combat.

Apparently melee will be more "dynamic", and Drake will be able to shoot while running, climbing and hanging, as well as simultaneously move and aim from behind cover.

Firefly composer Greg Edmonson will return to score the game, and Nolan North will once again provide the voice and movements for hero Nathan Drake.

Naughty Dog apparently refused to comment on whether original heroine Elena or grizzled friend Sully will make comebacks.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will be unveiled properly on Sunday at the 2008 Video Game Awards. Expect more information to tumble out then.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was released at the end of 2007 and is one of the best games on PlayStation 3. It can be picked up as part of the PS3's budget Platinum range for around GBP 20.

We heavily recommend the game, as our Uncharted: Drake's Fortune review points out.

Maybe it's set BEFORE the original? Just a thought...

The characters (Sully specifically) could do with being explained more. Drake also looked a little younger to me in the pictures too. Or maybe that was the snow lol.

Either way, I loved the "will they, won't they" Elena and Drake moments in the original.

Updating the combat is ace too. Although it wasn't awful in the original it deffo could have been better. And, with the extra power of the PS3 being used I dread to think how awesome it could all look. (Uncharted still looks amazing to me!)

Can't wait either way.

You think younger? Maybe its the goatee, but i think he looks alot older...