NEurope
Dante

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I'm leaving this topic until I finish the single player. Have a good game guys!

People who ordered via ShopTp, did you choose the free delivery or the next day UKMail?

People who ordered via ShopTp, did you choose the free delivery or the next day UKMail?

UKMail. For a couple of quid its worth it to get the game guaranteed next day.

Free delivery for me - I'm risking it. lol

ShopTo have put dispatched next to my order as well but no email yet.

I'm going with the free delivery because they had already dispatched before I woke up. I'm fairly sure it will still come tomorrow, strikes aren't until next week at the earliest and every other time it's come on time so...

Yep strikes are starting next thursday..so this should be unaffected...there are however some small strikes around London i believe! Should be ok! Fingers crossed!

Oh and if you've used GAME (Like me) this is there latest: 'Just to let you know we are working on a postal strategy for online orders if Royal Mail strikes. We'll let you know when it's confirmed. We understand from the news that the strike may start on the 22nd Oct, so this week's new releases shouldn't be affected.'

Edited by Owen

Yeah, I've been in a postal strike for about two weeks. They've delivered once in that time.

GTA4 - twice on list once for each format -thats bollocks.

Plus I wasn't keen on the game either.

It's a absolutely unbelievable game!

I personally thought it was of the most over hyped games this gen.

GTA4 - twice on list once for each format -thats bollocks.

Plus I wasn't keen on the game either.

Same. Stupid that it's on there twice.

DLC may have changed my mind about GTA IV as the universe is certainly set up to house stellar DLC but as a PS3 owner guess I'll have to wait eons (or forever) to find out. I think Rockstar shafted themselves on that one - pay out and all.

Uncharted 2 is looking sublime. I've kept away from info on purpose as the internet is killing the excitement I once held for unreleased games. I miss looking at month-old magazine shots. :weep:

Roll on Friday!

I'm not going to be able to play the game for AGES. I'm away at the london film festival and grading my film this weekend. The all next week I'm in Bradford doing some script development.... boo!!! Don't know whether to get a little time in on the game or just wait to beast it!!

I'm not going to be able to play the game for AGES. I'm away at the london film festival and grading my film this weekend. The all next week I'm in Bradford doing some script development.... boo!!! Don't know whether to get a little time in on the game or just wait to beast it!!

Beast it! No point starting it and then having to leave it for a while.

UKMail. For a couple of quid its worth it to get the game guaranteed next day.

You and me think a like.

lolcat-failure.jpg

If Uncharted 2 doesn't get delivered by Royal Fail tomorrow and you lot get it by UKMail - I'll feel sicker than this guy.

using-toilet-drunk-fail.jpg

Just done a quick track using the UKMail tracking service.

Parcel Scan History

13/10/2009

17:47:33

Thames Valley

7170 - T. Valley Volumiser

In Collecting Warehouse Scan

Just get it on the van, and deliver it me in the morning please.

EDIT: Also, $3000 for this Special Edition on eBay anyone?

Edited by MATtheHAT

Yep strikes are starting next thursday..so this should be unaffected...there are however some small strikes around London i believe! Should be ok! Fingers crossed!

Oh and if you've used GAME (Like me) this is there latest: 'Just to let you know we are working on a postal strategy for online orders if Royal Mail strikes. We'll let you know when it's confirmed. We understand from the news that the strike may start on the 22nd Oct, so this week's new releases shouldn't be affected.'

Did you get a £5 voucher code as well? stupid thing is you can't use it against preorders...although I am waiting for them to get Rock Band 2 back in stock means I could get it for £15 once I take off that and my reward card points.

Did you get a £5 voucher code as well? stupid thing is you can't use it against preorders...although I am waiting for them to get Rock Band 2 back in stock means I could get it for £15 once I take off that and my reward card points.

Do it! Rock Band needs more PS3 players from here.:bouncy:

If Uncharted 2 doesn't get delivered by Royal Fail tomorrow and you lot get it by UKMail - I'll feel sicker than this guy.

using-toilet-drunk-fail.jpg

I don't even want to know what made u want to search for something like that! LOL

Decided against my red bull fueled Uncharted 2 night...nothings worth that. Actually been drinking them to see if they keep me awake and yep they did as I couldn't sleep last night! I only had one can whilst I was playing me some FIFA 10.

a heart attack is just one of the potential dangers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull

Potential health risks

In 2001, the drink was investigated by the Swedish National Food Administration after being linked to the deaths of three consumers. It has been subject to a number of other health concerns regarding glucuronolactone, a precursor of taurine. Sale of Red Bull as a normal soft drink is prohibited in Denmark, Norway, France and Uruguay. Due to the link with taurine, local authorities categorized Red Bull as a medicine and suggest customers ask for medical advice before drinking. Because of this, only energy drinks without taurine are sold in France. The official imported Canadian Red Bull is a caffeinated version of Thai Krating Daeng. Until late 2004, its sale was prohibited in Canada. Now a can must carry a warning label that says:

Cautions: Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons or to be mixed with alcohol. Do not consume more than 500 mL per day.

However, no such warning label is present on cans sold in the UK, though people who consume the beverage in excess (more than 2-5 250 mL tins in a 24-hour period) have been known to express discomfort, such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, gas, and/or sleeplessness.

British supermarket chain Morrisons refuses to sell Red Bull to customers under the age of 16. In Finland, some shops only sell 1 canister of the drink at a time to under 18 year olds. Attempting to buy 2 canisters or more requires customers to prove their age, as if they were buying alcoholic beverages.

Red Bull made the news in Ireland after two hurling players died after drinking Red Bull at half-time in a club game.

Doctors and nutritionists have warned of the dangers of mixing caffeine and alcohol in excessive quantities. Their warnings, however, are often unheeded as many people feel that the benefits of mixing Red Bull with alcohol far outweigh the risks and use stimulants such as caffeine in order to avoid getting drowsy while drunk. Mixing Red Bull with alcohol (most commonly Vodka and Jägermeister) has become increasingly popular among college-aged crowds and club goers. Heavier drinkers of alcoholic Red Bull drinks have cited "euphoric feelings." Many studies have been performed to determine the actual effects on the human body after consumption of Red Bull with alcohol, most finding solely that the mixing of a depressant with an energy drink can lead to abnormal heart rhythms and future heart problems. [6]

Compare with the results of clinical trials PMID 11897259.

The director of biomaterials research at the University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore found the most wear to tooth enamel occurred, in descending order, from exposure to lemonade, energy drinks (especially those with citrus (i.e. Citric acid) flavors such as Red Bull), sports drinks, fitness water, iced tea and cola.

Source(s):

http://columbiamissourian.com/features/s…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull

EDIT:

OH ALSO:

In the Uncharted 2 end credits, developer Naughty Dog thanked fellow devs like Insomniac, Ready at Dawn and Sucker Punch — all three of which have close relations with Sony and Sony platforms.

The two names that stuck out in the thanks list were Bungie and Infinity Ward.

Bungie stuck out because corporate structure has made it such that the company has traditionally only developed for the Xbox 360. Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward makes multi-platform games, so it wasn't such a big deal to see them — more like, oh hey, Infinity Ward!

Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann explains the end credit list in a live chat with fans: "We try to be quite open with our technology and our process. We exchanged technology and ideas with other developers. We wanted to make sure we thanked everyone that helped us out in some way."

Naughty Dog? More like Really Generous And Good Dog.

Edited by flameboy