NEurope
flameboy

Drowning under the weight of so many great games!

I thought before things were bad but this last week just seems to have sent things supernova!

I am now playing;

Fallout 3, LBP, Resistance 2, Football Manager Handheld 09, SF2 HD Remix....

And ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH! It's madness already cancelled my preorder for Animal Crossing cos literally cannot see how I fit it in, thank god for working in a college will give me a chance to catch up on some games over the xmas hols...

Anyone else done the same? Or did someone do the sensible thing and only buy the games they can afford...

I bought them all one at a time. Although at Christmas I'm going to be getting about 5 games I missed out on (Pure, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Banjo Kazooie, Loco Roco 2) so I'll be struggling then.

Yeah, this end of year rush has been great for the PS3/360 owners. I have only missed out on Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge and Scene It. Suprisingly I have managed to stay ahead more than I thought I would have having bought and beaten Gears 2, Fable, Naruto, Dead Space, Banjo, L4D and CoD. With Sonic out this week and PoP it just keeps getting better and better :)

I think people fall into 3 Catagories. Those who bought Fallout3, those who didnt and those who bought everything. I bought everything and still put the most into fallout with 23 hours and havent even touched the main story. In hindsight that wouldve satisfied me till March as I imagine people who dont have alot of money felt when they were choosing the games to buy. I have finished Gears2 but Im playing through it on co-op on insane. Far Cry is sitting on my shelf without 2 hours played on it. Fable has 3 achievements to go before I can shelf it for good until dlc. Im switching between Left 4 Dead to which Ive completed 2/4 levels by myself and Fallout 3 which I had previously mentioned playing 23 hours, done all but 1 of the 'main' side quests and am not a patch into the main story.

Or did someone do the sensible thing and only buy the games they can afford...

I've only been able to afford one game. Luckily I made the right choice (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I absolutely love it).

I borrowed Dead Space form a friend and completed that. It was awesome.

Still, I'll be getting the following when I can afford them:

Sonic Unleashed, Tomb Raider Underworld, Left 4 Dead (depending on how often people play it when I can get it), Quantum of Solace, Dead Space (I'd love to own it on 360), Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge (or perhaps a rent...). I think that's it.

God you think that's bad, try wanting to play all those games AND having a horrible World of Warcraft addiction!!

I'm just about to but Fall Out 3 now, have missed loads of games that I will be picking up after Christmas, for both the 360, DS and Wii. I'm just glad I don't have a PS3 atm!

All these games and work and WoW and my current website project is crazy. I don't know if I should be pleased there are so many good titles to choose from or annoyed that I'll never get to finish them all. ^^

God you think that's bad, try wanting to play all those games AND having a horrible World of Warcraft addiction!!

I'm just about to but Fall Out 3 now, have missed loads of games that I will be picking up after Christmas, for both the 360, DS and Wii. I'm just glad I don't have a PS3 atm!

All these games and work and WoW and my current website project is crazy. I don't know if I should be pleased there are so many good titles to choose from or annoyed that I'll never get to finish them all. ^^

Replace your WoW addiction with my Football Manager addiction and we are in the same boat pretty much...

The games I have missed out on that I want after xmas;

Deadspace, MK vs DC, Mirrors Edge, Animal Crossing

I do think I could have made do with Fallout 3 and I don;t know what made me feel I had to own SSF2 remix today...especially after I cancelled other preorders due to being skint! This time of year is madness...

My little brother got the Banjo Kazooie game and I've gotten Sonic Unleashed (not yet, it should have come today but didn't). If I hadn't splashed out on a 22 inch HD TV for Christmas I'd probably get quite a few of the before mentioned games. Also saving money for Tales of Vesperia on release in the spring, too many great games are released this time of year, it really sucks you can't buy them all at once.

I thought before things were bad but this last week just seems to have sent things supernova!

I am now playing;

Fallout 3, LBP, Resistance 2, Football Manager Handheld 09, SF2 HD Remix....

And ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH! It's madness already cancelled my preorder for Animal Crossing cos literally cannot see how I fit it in, thank god for working in a college will give me a chance to catch up on some games over the xmas hols...

Anyone else done the same? Or did someone do the sensible thing and only buy the games they can afford...

At least you have the abbility to play these great games. (PS3 Drive is still broken.)

At least you have the abbility to play these great games. (PS3 Drive is still broken.)

thats a bummer....you sent it off for repairs?

Yeah it's a bit congested. Managed to complete Fallout (almost level 19) but there is still more I want to do on it. Have also just completed Ratchet and Clank for PS3, i know it isn't new but oh well.

Also have LBP which is awesome, and then there's Resistance 2 which I need to get, most anticipated game this year for me.

What's coming out next year for 360/PS3? Maybe there's no need to play them all now.

Only what could turn out to be the greatest console shooter of all-time.

Killzone 2

(arguable)

I've bought in recent weeks:

Fable II

Gears of War II

LittleBigPlanet

Left 4 Dead

Mirror's Edge

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Rock Band 2

Sonic Unleashed

and Prince of Persia next week.

Its been a great Oct/Nov, not quite as good last year mind.

Only what could turn out to be the greatest console shooter of all-time.

Killzone 2

(arguable)

LOL, are you implying you'll be playing it the whole year?

What's coming out next year for 360/PS3? Maybe there's no need to play them all now.

From the top off my head the games I´m looking forward too:

RE5 (Xbox360, PS3

Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox360, PC)

Prototype (Xbox360, PC)

Off the top of my head...

God of War 3

Socom

InFamous

Halo Wars

Resident Evil 5

Street Fighter 4

Halo 3: Recon

Silent Hill 5

Killzone 2

Ghostbusters

Aliens: Colinal Marines

GRAW 3

H.A.W.X

Splinter Cell

Bionic Commando

Prototype

Alan Wake

FFXIII ( hopefully )

Gran Turismo 5

If it was actually possible to drown under games, i'd be nothing but a floating, decomposing carcass by now.

Way too many games in this industry.

lol True.

Its great for the patient gamer though, come New Year most of these big Christmas games will be £20 or under. I mean Fable 2 is £20 now at GAME and Gamestation.

It's that price at GAME aswell? God, surprised it's so low. I need to pick Fable II up for £20, then Infinite Undiscovery for £25. They're not even that old either...

Off the top of my head...

God of War 3

Socom

InFamous

Halo Wars

Resident Evil 5

Street Fighter 4

Halo 3: Recon

Silent Hill 5

Killzone 2

Ghostbusters

Aliens: Colinal Marines

GRAW 3

H.A.W.X

Splinter Cell

Bionic Commando

Prototype

Alan Wake

FFXIII ( hopefully )

Gran Turismo 5

all must buys for me! but yeah I am not buying any more games for ages.