NEurope
jayseven

N-E Culture Club - Lost In Translation 11th Jan

Movie List

Sunday 7th Dec: Cube's Choice - Slither (2006)

Sunday 14th Dec: Ellmeister's Choice - American Beuty

Sunday 21st Dec: jayseven's Choice - Waking Life

Sunday 28th Dec: Mundi's Choice - The Fifth Element

Sunday 4th Jan: Chris The Great's Choice - Leon

Sunday 11th Jan: Ganepark32's Choice - Lost in Translation

Sunday 18th Jan: Dan-Likes-Trees' Choice - The Motorcycle Diaries

Sunday 25th Jan: MoogleViper's Choice - Logan's Run

Coolness Bears' Choice - Oldboy [maybe we could do the whole trilogy this week?]

Molly's Choice - Amores Perros

Daniel's Choice Clerks

Dan Dare's Choice - Brazil

Supergrunch's Choice - Fargo

Shorty's Choice - Groundhog Day

Cube's Choice - Requiem for a Dream

Ellmeister's Choice - The Prestige

jayseven's Choice - Koyaanisqatsi

Chris the Great's Choice - The Nightmare Before Christmas

Ganepark32's Choice - Fearless

Dan-Likes-Trees' Choice - Memento

MoogleViper's Choice - Into The Wild

Coolness Bears' Choice - No Country for Old Men

Molly's Choice - The Life of Brian

Shorty's Choice - Fight Club

Book List

Read for January 1st: Mundi's Choice - Do Androids dream of electric sheep - Phillip K. Dick

Cube's Choice - Prey - Michael Crichton

jayseven's choice - The Timetraveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Charlie's Choice - To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee

Chris The Great's Choice - What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Peter Hedges

Ganepark32's Choice - An Unquiet Mind - Kay R. Jamison

Supergrunch's Choice - After Dark - Haruki Murakami

Dan-Likes-Trees' Choice - Less than Zero - Bret Easton Ellis

Coolness Bear's Choice - The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Mohsin Hamid

Daniel's Choice - Catch 22 - Joseph Hellier

Molly's Choice - Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell

Dan Dare's Choice - The Collector - John Fowles

Cube's Choice - Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton

jayseven's Choice - A Thousand Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Chris The Great - Wolf of the Plains - Conn Iggulden

Ganepark32's Choice - Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad

Supergrunch's Choice - Engleby - Sebastian Faulks

Dan-Likes-Trees' Choice - Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami

Coolness Bear's Choice - Animal's People - Indra-Sinha

jayseven's Choice - Ishmael - Daniel Quinn

Molly's Choice - Life of Pi -Yann Martel

Playtrade.com | Booksprice.co.uk

PM me a first and second choice of Movie and/or Book that you would like to Club-up. Books will be monthly, movies weekly. Hopefully.

I do this on another forum but with movies. Personally I wouldnt be up for it as im not a big book reader apart from comics but I do think it would be a good idea for those who do like reading.

I'd join in for the weeks whenever one of the books from my (small) collection is picked. But I don't think I would go out of my way for it.

Movie club could be good. Again, I'm not sure how willing people would be to rent/buy movies, but of course movies are easier to 'acquire', and all that.

I'd do it during the holidays, too busy with work right now. Could I be a part-time member? I'm also close to finishing my book, could that be one of the weeks books so I can get some feedback?

Movie club could be good. Again, I'm not sure how willing people would be to rent/buy movies, but of course movies are easier to 'acquire', and all that.

How about doing both?

Also, it's always worth trying out. If it fails then you haven't really lost much as all you've one is read a book that you (probably) like.

Yeah, we could very easily do both. I'll get the title edited and stuff.

Anyone willing to put their names down on the yes/maybe list?

I'd do it during the holidays, too busy with work right now. Could I be a part-time member? I'm also close to finishing my book, could that be one of the weeks books so I can get some feedback?

Prossiblaybe. Depends on the book and sschi like that.

This won't happen with books I think. Movies perhaps. But that might just go in the rate the movie topic, coincidentally having people watched the same film. And rating them in each post [to stay on topic]

Id be up for the movie club, it'd be easy enough. Just a new thread (or the same thread just renamed by a mod when we change movies) everytime a new movie is picked and we discuss it then move onto the next one.

The book club is an interesting idea however it is quite time consuming compared to the movie club. Personally, I could suggest some truly fantastic books if the book club thing took place. I just don't know whether I'd have enough time to read the books, although I'd certainly make the effort to do so.

Movie club is easy enough but I really don't think my breadth in movie taste would be applicable. Really, the only films I have that I would deem applicable would be things like Lost In Translation, Pursuit of Happyness or Fearless.

I'd be interested in the Movie Club, but only if it were watching genuinely good movies.

We could take it in turn to suggest a movie each time.

Ideally there would be a list of people who would seriously be up for it, who would then take it in turns to suggest a book, then it would be up to the rest of the people to rent/buy/download e-version and just read/listen. Now, I'm aware that this is the internet and therefore home to the lazy and procrastinators - Hell, I've got an essay to write as I type this - But it could be cool.

Ah sweet, that makes two of us.

Id be vaguely interested in both, although Id probably only read the books if they were ones I was interested in anyway, which frankly is not often. To be honest a book club is less likely to fly, I mean there isn't even a 'rate the last book you read' thread or whatever on here.

And an idea for the Movie club - if you picked one that was set to be on film4 or general TV in the week then people wouldn't have to go out of their way to buy / acquire it.

Put me down. I'll do whatever I can get hold of (unfortunately download limits mean that I have to get everything legally).

I´d be up for both, I sometimes get kinda annoyed when I rate a movie I just watched and hoped to get a conversation about it but alas no comments on it.

So it works for me.

Also a book club could work better if there is more than a week between books.

Some good points.

Book/Movie clubs are meant to expand horizons, so you can't expect choices you like to pop up each week. As I say, turns will be taken to suggest movies, perhaps a list could be worked out in advance. Some people will be more into suggesting art-house movies, some may be up for the mind-fuck movies, some may want to pick on blockbusters. I'm sure it'll be just as fun to defend your own choice of a classic as it will be to assault everyone elses :P

I'd be up for a book club, although I'd only have time for it in the holidays, and would like to make suggestions. Not so sure about suggesting films, but could feasibly do a movie club too. (again, in the holidays)

Living in a world of constant time restraints (a vile place called "reality"), I better not sign myself up for anything. But if I may, I'd like to join in the discussion once in a while when something that I have something to say about comes up.

I'd probably join both as I have a love for both movies and books but my problem would be time. I'd be on the maybe list though :).

Look at jayseven getting all distracted whilst he's supposed to be writing an essay *chuckles*

I'd quite like to be in both, it might drive me to get through the many books and movies heading my way!

So basically everyone has time constraints :p I'm guessing a decent period between each choice would be needed. I'm up for movie because I know that I won't be able to get the reading done =/

I like this idea very much, perhaps one book a month and one film a week.

The way we did the movie one on the other forum was to create a list of members participating then have them put down their movie a month or so before you do it, with the date next to their name for when that movie will be done. That way the list stays full of movies and people have time to get the movie however they plan to. Maybe something like that?

i would do either, have more time then i know what to do with.

i agree with molly, a book a month, a film a week, but id surgest that we pick books n films that are at least a year old, to keep prices down for people needing to buy or rent.

Aight; Happenstance's idea sounds pretty sweet. One movie a week, one book a month. If you PM me a first and second choice for both/one/the other, depending on what you want to do, I'll mash up a list with dates that we can banter over.

Just to say; I want to make this an elitist group, so if you don't have your name on the list then you can't play :P