NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DanielTimothy

Help with my mac mini?

Yeah - I was kind of dicking about with the resolution settings and I managed to change it so that my HD TV couldn't support/display it. Obviously as a result of this I can't see what I'm doing on the mac to change it back. It seems a stupid little mistake, so hopefully there is an easy way to set it back? I feel a right retard.

Help would be much appreciated.

Do you have another Mac in the house that you could use to screen share with it? or perhaps a monitor? I assume you have it connected with VGA as with DVI/HDMI it should display any resolution 1080p or below. VGA is sometimes weird with HDTVs.

By DVI I assume you meant a DVI to HDMI cable. Or does your TV actually have a DVI port? Anyway, its possible your TV doesn't support really low resolutions like 480p via HDMI, your Mini shouldn't have let you go into anything above 1920x1080 so it must be low. If you have a friend with a Mac you could get him to connect to your network and access it via screen sharing. Perhaps you could also try restarting it as this might reset it to the TVs native resolution. Perhaps you could also take it into an Apple store and see if they'll reset the resolution.

Is there a serious of keyboard shortcuts or something that you Mac guys can tell him to change his resolution without being able to see his screen?

Sign in to follow this