NEurope
Dante

Pushing Daisies Cancelled

Quality television took a serious hit this evening with news that ABC has opted not to order additional episodes of Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money for this season. The network isn't commenting, but multiple sources confirm that all three shows have "effectively been canceled."

The one bright spot: The ratings-challenged trio will complete production on their 13-episode orders (Daisies already has, while Eli and DSM have an episode or two to go). Of course, completing the episodes and actually airing them are two totally different things.

"It's all true," Daisies creator Bryan Fuller tells me. "I'm so very proud of this show and grateful for everyone's hard work in bringing it to life."

Meanwhile, an ABC insider is confirming several long-rumored midseason scheduling tweaks. Among them:

* Private Practice will move to Thursdays at 10 p.m./ET following Grey's beginning Dec. 11.

* Life on Mars, which just got picked up for four additional episodes (bringing its Season 1 total 17), will shift to Wednesdays at 10 p.m./ET following Lost beginning Jan. 28.

* Scrubs will join the net's Tuesday lineup on Jan. 6 at 9 p.m./ET.

ausiellofiles.ew.com

but if this show dies (which is looking likely) my last ounce of pure innocence will go with it.

:(

Fuck Heroes. That should be cancelled.

(years of tv fandom should have made me used to this by now)

:(

Fuck Heroes. That should be cancelled.

(years of tv fandom should have made me used to this by now)

:sad:

It was the best show and it had alot of touble in the past with the writers strike. :sad:

It's a shame if Pushing Daisies gets cancelled, it's the most consistent hour long programme on US TV, I've never seen a bad episode of it. Networks are so shrewd nowadays, two seasons max and if they're not mega successes, they're out on their asses. What happened to them trying things out for a while, letting shows find an audience?

It's a shame if Pushing Daisies gets cancelled, it's the most consistent hour long programme on US TV, I've never seen a bad episode of it. Networks are so shrewd nowadays, two seasons max and if they're not mega successes, they're out on their asses. What happened to them trying things out for a while, letting shows find an audience?

I don't think they dare to risk it anymore.

The concept was pretty crappy and there was only so far they could take it.

Thats bollocks. It's far less crappy that all these shitty sitcoms about disfunctional families and what not. It was a well thought out concept, that actually differed from other shows on tv - people just obviously never gave it a chance.

Gutted, I really liked Pushing Dasies. :( I hope ITV hurry up and show season 2.

Just reading up about the cancellation on Wikipedia, apparently the final episode they filmed ends in a "huge cliffhanger". Such a shame we don't even get closure.

Thats bollocks. It's far less crappy that all these shitty sitcoms about disfunctional families and what not. It was a well thought out concept, that actually differed from other shows on tv - people just obviously never gave it a chance.

I'm not saying it isn't better than those sitcoms. I'm just saying all it seems to be is a romcom drama, with an element of someone being able to raise the dead for money to make the programme unique.

It may be at its heart romantic and comedic (although I wouldn't argue romcom) but its such a unique tale of romance. It is truely unique.

Well apparently ABC asked them a while ago to alter the 13th episode so it may be less of a cliffhanger. Oh no it was the first part of a two-parter, believe they just made it one.

Theres the usual talk of "may go the comic book route" but peh, im still waiting for the promised Veronica Mars comics.

Mah, more upset about Eli Stone really, I really like that show.

I've never seen that show, going to have to Wiki it. Edit-Think I may have to pick it up cheap when it comes out on DVD.

When "Tru Calling" got cancelled mid season 2 the plot threads were revealed for the latter half of the season via an online blog.

Maybe the DVD release of Pushing Daisies might contain an extra ep/some insight as to how the cliffhanger was going to end via the Comm tracks?

Noo! Then again, it doesn't feel surprising. I expect every show I like to be cancelled.

That's a shame it got cancelled, I quite liked it, was pretyt unique. Bout time we get a Scrubs air date.

Boooooh, I was getting into this show! It's so nice and bright and quirky.

Oh well, at least I still have season two to look forward to I guess.

I've never seen that show, going to have to Wiki it. Edit-Think I may have to pick it up cheap when it comes out on DVD.

They're showing it on the scifi channel now, well worth a watch.

They're showing it on the scifi channel now, well worth a watch.

Thanks, I'II have to check it out.

Not necessarily. Friday Night Lights bombs with viewers but is critically one of the greatest shows, NBC have fought to keep it on the air for the last 3 years.

aww man, I liked that show. though I never had the time to watch it, cause of work, I was hoping to just buy the seasons as they came out. :(

Not necessarily. Friday Night Lights bombs with viewers but is critically one of the greatest shows, NBC have fought to keep it on the air for the last 3 years.

They whored it out to another network. If (whichever network it is) didn't help finance in its third it would have been dead.

They whored it out to another network. If (whichever network it is) didn't help finance in its third it would have been dead.

Most networks would have just let it die, Not continue paying for it (whatever that may be) and they will show it next year.

The CW were also pretty loyal to VM, how it got a third season who knows, there were better rated shows cancelled so it had a place in the roster.

Most networks would have just let it die, Not continue paying for it (whatever that may be) and they will show it next year.

The CW were also pretty loyal to VM, how it got a third season who knows, there were better rated shows cancelled so it had a place in the roster.

Where did VM come from?

There was also worse rated shows that were renewed (and I believe are still on the air).

Lets face it; theres no clear reason and no clear enemy. These things just happen.

Where did VM come from?

There was also worse rated shows that were renewed (and I believe are still on the air).

Lets face it; theres no clear reason and no clear enemy. These things just happen.

UPN, which was a merger between The WB and UPN. A lot comes down to who is on your side at the network, can often be almost as effective as having the fan support.