NEurope

I just checked V-Rally 3D on my (£20) phone. It doesn't look much worse than this.

At the moment it looks like I'll be sticking to the original Colin McRae Rally on PS1 (that game is quality :hehe:)

Colour me angry.

Colour me confused.

Colour me disappointed.

Big thumbs down Codemasters, unless of course those are PSP shots (unlikely in NOM) and the Wii version is still under wraps. In which case...

Colour me excited.

This isn't Codemasters. They sourced this one (as well as F1 2009) out to Sumo Digital. Big meh. But as long as the content's the same (and I'm thinking the Wii'll get two extra tracks or something, can't remember where I read that though) and it looks better in-game, I'm sold. Need decent racers.

haha why would they release this trailer!

And for comparison...

And that's being unfair to B.A.R. which is one truely awesome game!!

Edited by Retro_Link

There are a couple of new videos of Colin Mcrae: DiRT 2 over at IGN

The Dirt and Turf video is also available on

..and here it is :heh:

Watched these this morning. Actually looks quite good in motion, if a little sedate. Interested to see the control options. Hopefully, no motion control.

Watched these this morning. Actually looks quite good in motion, if a little sedate. Interested to see the control options. Hopefully, no motion control.

I read on IGN UK that the Formula 1 game on the Wii will use the classic controller with the Analogue L and R buttons being used for acceleration and brakes. Hopefully, they will used this control scheme on this game too. Maybe, maybe even Gamecube pad support... one can dream.

..hmm.. am I the only one hoping for Wii Wheel support for this game?

The way I see it, there are plenty of racing games from previous generations that can be played in a traditional way so I would personally like them to make it so that I can tilt my way to victory through the dirt :heh:

If it was implemented well and was responsive, this game could certainly be worth looking into :smile:

Art style is this game's main problem. The textures are of high enough resolution, the cars look fine, and the graphics are clean, it's just the art style stinks.

..hmm.. am I the only one hoping for Wii Wheel support for this game?

The way I see it, there are plenty of racing games from previous generations that can be played in a traditional way so I would personally like them to make it so that I can tilt my way to victory through the dirt :heh:

If it was implemented well and was responsive, this game could certainly be worth looking into :smile:

They support all control schemes in the game, as far as I'm aware. Wii mote, Nunchuck combo, classic and Wii Wheel.

It doesn't look that bad. We don't exactly have a lot of rally games on the Wii.

No online. boooo!

Edited by lostmario

GamesRadar Review

WII41.rev_colin.65--article_image.jpg

+ Lots of cars and tracks

+ Wii Wheel Support

+ Smooth Framerate

- Sorely lacking in nice things to look at

- Handling is too floaty

- Doesn't move fast enough

score_fp_6.gif

The screens don't look pretty :eek:

I reckon I'll be giving this one a miss.. I still have the original Colin McRae Rally to finish off and Colin McRae Rally 2.0 not even begun anyway so I'll stick with those :hehe:

Edited by nekunando

by being a smart arse you can play Colin Mcrae 1&2 (ps1) on wii - probably both better than this and both have GC controller support. Nice.

Bit of a shame that this ain't a top game as there is a gap in the market on wii and the other versions are apparenty brilliant. :-(

I'm more than happy to play them on my Playstation :heh:

..and I agree, there is a big gap in the market for this type of game but I would really like that void to be filled with Sega Rally : peace:

Edited by nekunando

I don't know why, but I've never associated the Codemasters brand with quality.

When Codemasters first started back in the 80's they used to write how great the game was on the back of the box. After a while people stopped reading the back of the box. I guess my view of the company is still base a little on that which I know sounds silly now.

Also I think the company has been trying to reach out to a wider audience (more North American base) and from what I've heard about Colin McRae: DiRT 2 that seems to be the case as well.

Outside of Racing, Codemasters games can be hit or miss as to whether people like them. Racing has always been quality at which point it's just whether or not you like arcade racers with a bit of sim thrown in.

I've been playing Sega Rally a little bit lately on my brother's PS3 and I'm a little jealous to be honest :hmm:

I would love Sega Rally to come out on the Wii.. but even so, seeing it in glorious HD compared to something like Colin McRae: DiRT 2 on the Wii I do sometimes wish Nintendo's console was capable of such things, as much as I love it..

Wow. What an average game... :/

Everything about it is purely average, gameplay, handling & controls (I'm using classic controller), graphics. It's not BAD, it's just blatantly obvious that very, very little effort has gone into it. I'd say get it though if you NEED a racer on the Wii though, because out of everything the console has to offer that's not 'excite...' or 'mario kart' this is the best.

On another note: Excitebots is pure awesome!

This is a disappointment. I haven't played a rally game since Collin MCRae 2 on the PC back then and I was looking forward to some good rally game, but this seems not to be a good option.

Received this earlier today and took it for a spin and so far, I'd have to agree with Nicktendo. It's very average. Nothing particularly great about it and everything does stink of being handed off to an outside developer who've been given little time to make a decent product. I came away from playing it thinking 'R:Racing Evolution on the Gamecube is a better game than this in every aspect' and it's true.