NEurope
Dante

Reggie Thinks 3rd Parties Don't 'Get' The Wii

I'm pretty confident that in 20 odd years, gamers all over the world will look back on the Wii has one of the greatest consoles ever created. Certainly the most influential!

Nintendo's next console will most likely be an ultimately refined version of the Wii with HD and a more powerful and less restrictive online system, whereas I can see Microsoft and Sony doing exactly the same to try and cash in on the Wii's success. They'll probably add in a few gimmicks to try and beat out the other two, but motion is definitely the future.

Nintendo's next console will most likely be an ultimately refined version of the Wii with HD and a more powerful and less restrictive online system, whereas I can see Microsoft and Sony doing exactly the same to try and cash in on the Wii's success. They'll probably add in a few gimmicks to try and beat out the other two, but motion is definitely the future.

Yeah, but that shouldn't be the reason that the third parties to think when they create Wii games. They should pretty much automatically go like "the Wii's selling the best. Screw those costly HD-formats, let's put all our resources into the Wii".

Ubisoft must be shocked by this news:

Shaun White

Snowboarding turned in a solid early performance in North America, notably on the Wii, while reporting a slower performance in Europe. At the same time, the initial indications for Prince of Persia® are very encouraging one week ahead of the game’s release. Consequently, the company is confident that it will be able to achieve its recently raised targets: sales of approximately €500 million for the third fiscal quarter and around €1,050 million for full-year 2008-09, as well as current operating income before stockbased compensation representing at least 13% of sales.

Yeah, but that shouldn't be the reason that the third parties to think when they create Wii games. They should pretty much automatically go like "the Wii's selling the best. Screw those costly HD-formats, let's put all our resources into the Wii".

If biggest install base = largest market for every game then yes I'm sure everyone would do that. Unfortunately it's not quite that simple.

Notably on Wii?

Good, maybe they will forget doing more "Imagine Baby" then and start working on games like Shawn White

Notably on Wii?

Good, maybe they will forget doing more "Imagine Baby" then and start working on games like Shawn White

No they won't....I can see it.

'Ubi-soft announce 'Imagine Baby Snowboarding' as well as a few other snowboarding games from the Petz series'

No they won't....I can see it.

'Ubi-soft announce 'Imagine Baby Snowboarding' as well as a few other snowboarding games from the Petz series'

Now that sounds like ubisoft. One of these days perhaps they'll get it right though. Perhaps they'll be able to do something good with Red Steel 2.