NEurope
Dante

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

I thought the approval process for PSN had now been centralized to help avoid situations like this?! Its really annoying! Anyway to buy stuff off the US store? Don't you need a US credit/debit card?

No, you need one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/US-Playstation-Network-PSN-Card-20-00-For-Ps3-PsP_W0QQitemZ400011386600QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Services?hash=item400011386600&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

thought that someone was likely to sell them on ebay just didn't think to look....replied to your message on xmb btw....

out tomorrow!!!!!

how many gamerpoints is it gunna cost?

1200 points for the LIVE version

1UP Review: +A

Some games stand the test of time; Street Fighter II drags time into a back alley and beats it senseless. Fourteen years on, Super Street Fighter II Turbo -- the pinnacle of the SF2 series and of fighting games, period -- still gets serious play among genre geeks. That's a long time to dismantle a game, learn precisely how it ticks, and analyze its merits and flaws the way only a motley community of frame-counting fanatics can.

HD Remix -- SF2's sixth iteration, shepherded and meticulously number-crunched by Backbone Entertainment's tourney-pro-turned-game-designer David Sirlin -- is the product of that nearly decade-and-a-half-long dissection. To casual players, HD Remix is a generous facelift with a few fun new moves, something to whet the appetite for Street Fighter IV. Ryu's fake fireball, M. Bison's brief window of immunity during his Devil Reverse, Guile's horizontal-angled roundhouse Flash Kick, T. Hawk's block-safe dive, and Chun Li's now-useful Spinning Bird Kick will all but escape the weekend warrior's notice.

Click the image above to check out all the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix screens.

But for serious players, those represent just a few of HD Remix's significant, game-changing tricks. Behind all the lush new stage backgrounds, hand-drawn HD character models, and remixed music is a fighter obsessively tuned to what the collective hive-mind of SF2 culture deems "perfection." Of course, it'll be a while before anyone's really scrutinized what all the mechanical tweaks mean for HD Remix's metagame -- are Balrog and Dhalsim (whose nigh-unstoppable throw chains dominate high-level SSF2T play) still the relative kings of the ring? Can the rebalanced (and once egregiously overpowered) Akuma finally stand as a "real" character? Do Cammy and T. Hawk still squarely define the bottom of the barrel? And will the hardcore enthusiasts stand by this new status quo, or simply retreat to the also-included SSF2T Classic mode?

At any rate, that's just a bit of perspective, not perplexity. I can answer the more immediate question -- whether HD Remix holds up in online play -- with a resounding "Hell, yes." Backbone wisely co-opted fan-favorite peer-to-peer platform GGPO.net, which you can essentially think of as the netcode equivalent of the Google algorithm. This crazy Internet voodoo works well, and it makes for the most lag-free versus play this side of a brick-and-mortar arcade. Much like the revered game built around it, it is -- to these eyes, which have every pixel of SSF2T forever burned into them -- flawless.

Game now out on PSN US:

sf1.JPG

sf2.JPG

Game is quite nice. Been playing for an hour.

Fuckin SCEE are absolutely useless.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/street-fighter-hd-delayed-uk-psn

If M$ can do it, why can't SCEE? I had enough of this shit with NOE.

It has nothing to do with SCEE. Capcom failed here. Worth noting Puzzle Fighter took months and Age of Booty isnt here yet. But i guess blame SCEE for everything...

Infact SCEE encourage people to buy from the US account if companies cant be bothered.

to buy stuff off the US store? Don't you need a US credit/debit card?

You need a credit card that works internationaly like MasterCard.

Or use http://www.entropay.com if you dont have a credit card. That seems to be the route most take. Its safe. :smile:

is out on UK marketplace!!!!

update!!

you can not play a trial of the single player, only 2 player vs mode! wtf?

i

you can not play a trial of the single player, only 2 player vs mode! wtf?

Yeah who the hell's idea was that? I had to play it against a non moving opponent!

But anyway I don't think it was that great, it's not worth splashing out 1200 for a graphical upgrade, unless there is something amazing I'm missing.

I like it. Sound and music is great but abit compressed though for surround systems.

Game is not quite Wipeout HD upgrade package but it does the job. Online is fine. I played someone from the UK with no lag.

Nitpicks:

Runs in 1080p but i bordered on the sides, Image quality could have been higher, the character sprites arent as high quality as they coould be. There is some compression from the looks of it. Endings look like they are in 720p not 1080p. Technically its abit dissapointing for 2008 game but the original Street fighter is ancient so this is all welcome!

It has nothing to do with SCEE. Capcom failed here. Worth noting Puzzle Fighter took months and Age of Booty isnt here yet. But i guess blame SCEE for everything...

Actually, it is SCEE, Capcom submitted the final game for approval at the same time to both SCEE and Microsoft. It is SCEE's incompetency that delayed the game, not Capcom.

I need to buy this but I have like 30 quid for the rest of the week...Hmm...what to do...

I got it for 360 today and I'm loving it - kind of like the build up to SF IV. If anyone wants a match add me - I'm only Silver just now but should be Gold by the end of the week. Got a few of you on PSN but not on LIVE:

Columnar23

Game is quite nice. Been playing for an hour.

Infact SCEE encourage people to buy from the US account if companies cant be bothered.

You need a credit card that works internationaly like MasterCard.

Or use http://www.entropay.com if you dont have a credit card. That seems to be the route most take. Its safe. :smile:

yeah I may use entropay if it looks like its not going to show up....

what the best control setup on the xbox360 controller because the default isnt working.

how in the world do you get akuma?!

completed on easy

online on it is rather cool in a winner stays on fashion :) won 4 straight times

how in the world do you get akuma?!

press up in top and middle part of the characters screen but you cant play as Shin Akuma.

I just realized how much of a killing Capcom is making off PSN/XBLA with all these impulse buys.

Anyway , as online fighting games go, this one is smooth as silk. I just played a few dozen matches and got about 2 seconds worth of lag, the rest of the time it was flawless. Loving it so far although im not a big fan of the new remixed soundtrack

Yup. I've had no lag so far. Felt only once i think and that was for a second in one match out of like 20-25.

Still wish they added more frames of animation. At least in the scenery. The sound is also very compressed and would make PS1 and N64 games proud. Game is bordered on the sides. Alot of sprites are plain unlike the originals in many cases. Best version? yes but Capcom left alot of room for a future rerelease. They could have done more.

Actually, it is SCEE, Capcom submitted the final game for approval at the same time to both SCEE and Microsoft. It is SCEE's incompetency that delayed the game, not Capcom.

That might be true but i dont see how given Western publishers are fine. Its always some 3rd party japanese developer that gets it wrong. Either way though nothing stopping you from getting it :heh: Use Entropay for exmaple if you dont have a card that works internationaly.

Still fuming about this...can't be bothered setting up an entropay account means mucking about with my visa card and putting money on it when I am trying to cancel it.

Still fuming about this...can't be bothered setting up an entropay account means mucking about with my visa card and putting money on it when I am trying to cancel it.

You can use pretyt much any card on entropay. People who use entropay tend not to have a credit card. Shouldnt Visa work anyway on US PSN?

You can use pretyt much any card on entropay. People who use entropay tend not to have a credit card. Shouldnt Visa work anyway on US PSN?

I dunno...ok I will try switching money onto entropay account...conversion rate works out at £9.77 so will put £10 on, no hidden charges are there?

CAN'T GET IT TO WORK DAMMIT! LOADED WITH A TENNER....DOES THE TAX ADDED TO GAME SEND IT OVER £10?!

Lemme know how you get on Flameboy as I'm interested in taking this avenue as I love SF2. Maybe if we even had a date I'd wait...

I dunno...ok I will try switching money onto entropay account...conversion rate works out at £9.77 so will put £10 on, no hidden charges are there?

CAN'T GET IT TO WORK DAMMIT! LOADED WITH A TENNER....DOES THE TAX ADDED TO GAME SEND IT OVER £10?!

It will say if you loaded £10 on Entropay.

If you mean the US PSN store then just give the details on the Entropay card. Dont knwo what you mean by tx but the game is $15 so £10 is more than enough.

Afew people have been asking me about using entropay :heh: Might write a guide.

played the demo with my bro last night and its pretty cool I must say, dunno whether to get it tho considering 4 is out early nxt yr.

I thought I was pretty good at Street Fighter 2 from my SNES days. After playing online for a bit, I now know I am merely average:(

Fantastic game though, along with Warhawk one of the best on PSN.

played the demo with my bro last night and its pretty cool I must say, dunno whether to get it tho considering 4 is out early nxt yr.

I say pass if you arent sure. Its not a great upgrade if you ask me, especially for the price. Should have been much more as i pointed out above. Nice game but you could essentially just buy the PS2 game with all the other games in it.