NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
phez_boy

10 reasons to skip the xbox360 for the revolution

Just want to point out that X360 IS noisy. Not to mention that lots of 360s are crashing or having even worse problems, but that's another subject.

#9. Same Games, Prettier Graphics - justified, there will be loads of this on all the consoles.....not kameo thou *ticks the 360 scoresheet cause it has kameo*

you mean Majoras Mask 2?

30% of their points were about games that Xbox doesn't have and Revolution does. You could easily reverse that in their face with games like Halo 3 and PGR.

Point number 9: Same Games, Prettier Graphics

You can basically say about all of Nintendo's games. They've had very few innovations in the whole game market recently, Pikmen and Animal Crossing are about the only two decent ones we've seen created recently. As for Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Starfox, etc. they just keep appearing in the same games with better graphics as far as I'm concerned.

Point 7: Girls and Grandpas Will Play Revolution

There is about a .01% chance that either of my grandpas will ever play a revolution. They are not really the type of people who enjoy waving their arms in the air with their hand pointed at a TV. And the part about girls is plain generalization, I'm surprised they didn't get slapped for that.

Point #10 and point #5 are the same thing. Point #10 adds that its harder to get, but there hasn't been a console in history that hasn't sold out. DS wasn't too hard to get, but DS wasn't released right before christmas either and consoles always sell faster than handhelds. I can guarantee you that Rev will be hard to get at first also.

Point #4: I won't argue that Rev has better backwards compatibility, but "Five generations of AAA software. One console." is stretching it quite a bit considering only first party games will be sure to be available.

That article contains 3 undisputably valid points, #1, #3 and #5, and that's about it.

As for this article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p1.html

Point 10: You can pretty much argue first party exclusive games with any console. In fact, the article on rev did just that except it used 3 points instead of 1.

Point 9: Wireless Controllers: Not unique, not innovative, nothing special period. First of all, they even admit that Nintendo was the one who brought wireless controllers to the masses (wavebird). Why this makes Xbox worth buying the others I have no idea considering all will support wireless controllers.

#8: Launch lineup is not a reason to buy a console, I would hope that when you plop down $200-$400 your looking for it to last quite a while, not just right at the beginning. I suspect Rev will have an even better launch lineup than Xbox 360, especially if SSB is in it.

#7. Backward Compatibility: wow where did this come from? Didn't I just finish telling them that Gamecube has better backwards compatibility?

6. Xbox Live Arcade: Its hard to see how this will be able to beat Nintendo's back catalog.

5. Impressive Graphic Power at Good Prices: *cough* The two tier launch structure is retarded not flexible, and PS3 is going to completely pwn Xbox 360 when it comes to power. And Rev will pwn Xbox 360 when it comes to price.

4: Not as bad as the others but still, its been done before. Ever heard of PSP? Do you think PS3 will be able to play movies and music? The answer is hell yes.

1: This is not a point. Obviously once a system is released it becomes current generation, not next-generation. Next implys future. Next generation can never be "now".

3 and 2 are the only two valid points, and they are both about Xbox live. That's because Xbox live is really the only good thing about Xbox 360. Its the only thing microsoft really did right.

Seriously, IGN needs to hire some better writers. You can't use the same damn points when your comparing which of two things is better.

Only two points are worth mentioning: #1 Revolution's price point and #10 the controller.

What about true backwrds compatability?!

And Sooj...Metroid Prime & Echoes are completely different to the others.

i would get 1 at launch but i no i cant cosi neva pre ordered so now i got 300 pounds lyin here ready 4 a rev now that the xbox 360 wont c a second batch till march, so m$ uve lost 1 costumor

lol i did warn you all there was a slight touch of fanboy-ism to this story... i mean im a major fanboy and even i think so lol

Come on people, these articles are tongue-in-cheek articles, there's no point in taking every point and telling everybody 'oh wait, that's not true' them or saying 'omg their fanboyz'. These articles are made on purpose from a fanboy perspective and half the reasons are there because they needed to have 10 reasons. You make it seem like it's meant massively make people stop buying a 360 which just isn't true.

true u caught me i didnt read it cause i dont see the point in reading pages that a fanboy put

What about true backwrds compatability?!

And Sooj...Metroid Prime & Echoes are completely different to the others.

What about it?

I don't care if a console has it or not. Backwards compatability is just a bonus, one that most people (myself included) aren't even going to use. It's not essential.

Rev is only backwards compatible with GC.

360 backwards compatibilty is pretty poor especially as you need the harddrive

and PS3, lets just say i heard PS2 had problems with current gen compatibility, was there any truth to that rumour??

lol I remember my NES doing that in its later years when I was playing Super Mario Bros. It looked like seaweed was everywhere because the lines were green. It works fine now though.

As a collective you wear the title of gamer with pride, like a badge of honour, yet with attitudes like this you're anything but.

Rev is only backwards compatible with GC.

So it can't play NES, Snes and N64 games as well then?

Or have I musunderstood you?

It can play NES, SNES and N64 games but you cant plug in the carts, you have to download them. Either for free or a small charge.

If the Rev has true NES , SNES , and N64 emulation built-in, its gonna be soooooooooo effortless for 3rd parties to bring theyre old games over.

Oh dear. Not only have Microsoft just released the most boring console in the history of mankind, but on top of that it doesn't even work properly:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80491849@N00/

Such a shame, cos I bet Tiger Woods golf is loads more fun now that Tiger looks even more realistic.

jeeze what is with people like microsoft and sony releasing products when there not entriely ready... well we dont know bout sony just yet but i do remember the microsoft having a few problems with there original xbox... and knowing sony there damn machine has some much crap jammed in2 it and they'll b in a rush to release it as to beat nintendo so we'll probably see the same with the PS3. not that it really botheres me coz i only plan on buying a rev, although with the new technology in the rev it will b interesting to see if anything goes abit squew-if. but then nintendos has never been one to release a technologicaly dodgy product.

being that i can only buy 2 consoles ill stick with what has worked in the past ps3 and rev. i bought an xbox1 and have been disapointed (except kotor)

Sign in to follow this