NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
phez_boy

10 reasons to skip the xbox360 for the revolution

Personally I'm not interested in the 360, the reviews have been awful; Condemned is the only decent exclusive launch title they got in America and most of the games look like high-end Xbox games.

Do bare in mind all the first batch of launch titles use only one of the 3 XBOX360 cores due to the original shitty 1 core beta kits they got to develop on.

PGR3, PDZ and Kameo are all great titles. Plus we can look foward to Ridge Racer 6, DoA4 amongst other things.

PGR3, PDZ and Kameo are all great titles. Plus we can look foward to Ridge Racer 6, DoA4 amongst other things.

They're all boring sequels bar Kameo which is looking pretty sweet - it's certainly not enough incentive for me to buy the console though.

Anyone noticed that IGN pretty much confirmed that ubisoft is making a FPS for Revo? SCORE!

i am the type of person that that article was talking about. i cant afford more than 1 consol so i will wait for the rev. not really interested in the other 2 consoles they just bore me. give me something different. that is what the rev does

have to say, its a pretty bad article.

several of the points are "Nintendo has this game", other other ones are repeated.

eg. xbox360 is costly and NinRev is cheap were considered two different points.

i will get the revolution, simply because i like nintendo games.

done.

OMG guys, some of u are talking like the article was trying to be serious... i found it pretty funny, although it had some points too :D

For me there are only three particular reason to get a Revo:

1. it's Nintendo so I know what I can expect

2. it has a new controller

3. Smash Bros Online

and a fourth point would be Zelda.

I thought some of the point made in the article were quite good, others were very unimaginative but I don't need ten reasons anyways.

And the reason why I'm only buying one console is that I already have about 30 game for GC so if I had a second console I'd have an even broader library to choose from which meant I either wouldn't get most of the game I want or I would not be able to save any money anymore.

well some of it was right, nintendo does has zelda which is an awesome game. and the controller made me want it even more.

Anyone noticed that IGN pretty much confirmed that ubisoft is making a FPS for Revo? SCORE!

I also noticed the mention of 'kid icarus'.

I've never had any other console but Nintendo's, but if anything I would consider a PS3 to sit alongside my Rev, but sorry, never an Xbox360. Just doesn't appeal to me.

A revised version of this article should be up in giant poster form in all game shops. 360 has no arguments for killer ap exclusive games really, most of them will be out on PC after a while just like Fable and Halo. As for PDZ, I wasnt a fan of the first one, Goldeneye and Turok 2 were much better. While I think of it I would love Turok for Revo but not like the travesty that was Turok: Evolution.

That Article is the worst thing i ever read...

I will get a Xbox360 (launch day) I am still unsure about the Revo; the main reason been that notting but murmers of game are doing the rounds and zero titles have been anounced yet but I am sure I will get more hyped for the console between now a next June.

X360 does have a very impressive online mode though, Xbox Live will continue to dominate in my opinion, but I wanna see how the other companies plan the online features.

Nice article, but im a Nintendo Fan so maybe thats why :P I want a 360 still tho

P.S. I have a phez in my room :D

#10. Limited Funds and Quantities - get the high end system and 1 or 2 games will set you back £400 appox but with the high end one you get hard drive etc.

#9. Same Games, Prettier Graphics - justified, there will be loads of this on all the consoles.....not kameo thou *ticks the 360 scoresheet cause it has kameo*

#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda - ya true but you the rev prob wont have zelda as a release game also you can get both a 360 and rev (it only ONE game also...well maybe 2 down the line)

7. Girls and Grandpas Will Play Revolution - wow my grandpa and g/f will play a rev but will refuse to play on a 360...why?(my g/f plays my gc and xbox with me loads of times)

#6. Metroid Prime 3 - *halo 3 balls in your court*

#5. Revolution Will Be a Lot Cheaper - not ALOT cheaper but will be cheaper no doubt but i very much doubt alot will hold on and wait to save 50-100 quid

#4. True Backward Compatibility - yea but the 360 will have a improved xbox live service and will run alot of the xbox games apparently

#3. Revolution is Small, Stylish, and Quiet - i played a 360 in HMV in sheffield and while playing a kameo demo i couldnt hardly hear the console it was quiet and the pad was alot better than the current xbox's. The appearance of the console to which looks better is down to opinion and the 360 isnt THAT big

#2. Super Smash Bros. Online - has this been announced?...no pics yet...no review yet

#1. The Controller Will Change Everything - there will be alot of people wanting to get a rev to see what the controller will be like. But there will also be some that wont want to buy it cause they may think you cant play games for a long time without ur hands going numb etc. Will also be people that wont buy it and just like to stick to what they know and thats the 360 and ps3 pads which havent changed much.

*just being a realist with this as it was made by a pure nintendo fanboy and thought like throwing some water on it*

no offence replika but this

#3. Revolution is Small, Stylish, and Quiet - i played a 360 in HMV in sheffield and while playing a kameo demo i couldnt hardly hear the console it was quiet and the pad was alot better than the current xbox's. The appearance of the console to which looks better is down to opinion and the 360 isnt THAT big

true it isnt as big as i thought but its still big and also it is behind plastic that is as thick as my hand so it no doubt is noisy also the power pack thing on the plug is HUGE

I like it when IGN makes these we're-fanboys-and-proud-of-it articles.

There's no point in picking up a 360 at launch anyway. It needs a price cut before I get interested.

#10. Limited Funds and Quantities - get the high end system and 1 or 2 games will set you back £400 appox but with the high end one you get hard drive etc.

#9. Same Games, Prettier Graphics - justified, there will be loads of this on all the consoles.....not kameo thou *ticks the 360 scoresheet cause it has kameo*

#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda - ya true but you the rev prob wont have zelda as a release game also you can get both a 360 and rev (it only ONE game also...well maybe 2 down the line)

7. Girls and Grandpas Will Play Revolution - wow my grandpa and g/f will play a rev but will refuse to play on a 360...why?(my g/f plays my gc and xbox with me loads of times)

#6. Metroid Prime 3 - *halo 3 balls in your court*

#5. Revolution Will Be a Lot Cheaper - not ALOT cheaper but will be cheaper no doubt but i very much doubt alot will hold on and wait to save 50-100 quid

#4. True Backward Compatibility - yea but the 360 will have a improved xbox live service and will run alot of the xbox games apparently

#2. Super Smash Bros. Online - has this been announced?...no pics yet...no review yet

#1. The Controller Will Change Everything - there will be alot of people wanting to get a rev to see what the controller will be like. But there will also be some that wont want to buy it cause they may think you cant play games for a long time without ur hands going numb etc. Will also be people that wont buy it and just like to stick to what they know and thats the 360 and ps3 pads which havent changed much.

Sorry Replika but it looked as though you just ran through the article looking at the point headers, not reading the points themselves.

10. Actually I didn't think he went far enough with this point. If you want to fully experience the 360 you're gonna have to buy an HDTV, which don't come cheap. Ofcourse this depends on whther or not you already have one.

9. You know what, i'm kinda disapointed that Kameo isn't the killer app I wanted it to be. IGN gave it an 8.something. I've still got it on order though.

8. Didn't totally understand this but the point actually went for the whole, "a 360 won't have all the Nintendo franchises" thing. Not just Zelda.

7. We'll have to see, but if it gets my mum playing i'll be impressed. Hey Nintendogs did it.

6. Purely a matter of opinion.

5. See point 10.

4. I'm sorry mate but the download service on the Rev cannot be matched, its just incredible, especially for a Retro lover such as me.

3. I'm totally with you on this one, some people like big consoles anyway.

2. Again I don't think you read the whole point. It was saying that if the online service is anywhere as simple and fast as the DSs then it'll be great. Oh and SSBR - yes it has been announced, and the director was recently announced too.

1. No one can say what'll happen. We just have to wait and watch

By the way my XBox 360 is already pre-ordered just to show my impartiality.

Sign in to follow this