NEurope

Playboy mags in Dead Rising 2

Players that discover the Playboy magazine in the game will receive a unique and special upgrade for Chuck Greene, the main character in Dead Rising 2. Furthermore, players will come across Playboy ads and billboards that will feature specially selected issues from the magazine’s 57-year history.

The new magazine system for Dead Rising 2, which will feature Playboy along with various other publications, is an evolution of the popular book system from the original Dead Rising game. Along with the special Playboy issue, there will be a variety of different themed magazines that Chuck will be able to pick up for bonuses to use to help fend off the zombie hordes along the way.

“The Sin City-type environment in Dead Rising 2, Fortune City, is a natural playground for the Playboy Bunnies,” said Seon King, Senior Director of Licensing for Capcom Entertainment, Inc. “We have integrated the Playboy brand throughout the game in ways that bring even more life to Fortune City and add to the user experience.”

playboy2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

playboy3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

playboy1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

eh why? :hmm:

Edited by Dante

Ugh. Those are the kind of trophies I dislike - making you go out of your way to kill/do a certain thing X number of times (almost certainly things that you would never normally do as part of the gameplay).

Funny you should say that, those are exactly the kind of achievments/trophies I love :D what's the point in an achievement if you get it by accident during the course of the game? I want something which makes me go back for more.

Funny you should say that, those are exactly the kind of achievments/trophies I love :D what's the point in an achievement if you get it by accident during the course of the game? I want something which makes me go back for more.

Number crunchers are really uninspired. Instead of being difficult or interesting, telling you to kill X number of zombies (in the thousands) when you'd typically probably not kill even half of that (given it's a gold trophy) means you'll be repeatedly killing NPC zombies long after it seemed fun. Probably.

It's not like you'll accidentally stumble across many inspired or interesting trophies, either. I just won't be having any fun from killing 1,000 zombies with my barehands. Although to be fair, I most probably won't be getting this game.

They're very similar to the achievements in the first game.

I can't believe there's another Zombie Genocide one. Like the first one was so much fun to do that they put it in again!

Tsk.

Dead Rising 2: Case West

Complimenting Dead Rising 2™: CASE ZERO, Dead Rising 2: CASE WEST will extend the Dead Rising 2 experience by delivering brand new content and the return of a familiar face. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment system following the release of Dead Rising 2™, Dead Rising 2: CASE WEST will see Frank West team up with Chuck Greene for some serious co-op action. In co-op mode, Xbox LIVE®Gold members will see the two protagonists delve deeper into the reasons behind the Fortune City outbreak and provide further links to the Willamette incident.

I love shopto!!

This baby arrived this morning along with a free T-shirt. Gonna play it when I get home from work.

Not sure how I transfer my Case Zero file over, unless it just does it automatically.

Same. I've been playing Case Zero and I'm just not feeling excited. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of the original, it was fun, but had too many frustrating points (like the save system and the time limit, which is STILL THERE).

Also is the finished game going to look better than Case Zero? Cos that looked really 'rough'... and slow.

Had a chance to play this at work today, and the hour or so I saw was good. Gonna get in to the meat of it tomorrow and see what it's like. I enjoyed the demo for Case Zero!

Yeah, am enjoying this so far. Still got a lot of the niggles from the first game, but am liking it more than Case Zero thus far.

Where are the reviews?

I think Eurogamers is due on Friday, so I assume that's when the embargo ends.

My copy should arrive today, although im not really that hyped about it. Im hoping my attitude will change once I get into some zombie killing action.

You know what the more I think about it the more annoying the DLC issue is. I want the complete game on my PS3 so why should I not get it...They've come out claiming its not punishing PS3 owners but rewarding 360 owners...that just plain sucks. I mean fair enough Case Zero was touted a prolouge but it was perhaps no more than a paid for demo. Whereas Case West is an epilogue so its the true ending to the game...so wtf! I get to play Dead Rising on PS3 and not have the full as intended ending!?

Capcom said that with Dead Rising 2 you get a complete package; a beginning, middle and (full) end. Everything else (Case Zero and Case West) is just a bonus so I wouldn't get your panties in a twist.