NEurope
triforce_keeper

Christmas gift ideas.....for yourself! (or others..whatever)

Looks cool :D

(although you'd think with such a jolly shirt the model wouldn't look so miserable)

What I want for christmas, any game that has a "M" rating. I don't even care if I own the console that its for. I just want my parents to realize that I'm not a kid anymore and not forbid me from being normal.

Failing that, I've got a bunch of Wii games I've still got to get.

I'm thinking this year I might buy stuff for people from sites like deviantART and redbubble (and by this I mean slightly more distant relatives, I wouldn't be so cheap with my immediate family).

Dunno what I want. I'll obviously ask for a list of CD's that'll be on my "to-buy" list at the time, possibly DVD's too.

I'll get the vouchers/money from family friends, some relatives ,but I never liked the idea of just getting money for christmas. Doesn't seem very fun...but maybe that's just my inner child.

I might ask for something really random, like a rowing machine.

To be fair, I don't think Invincible counts as one of the greatest stories of all time...

Possibly comic-based stories. (Though I've never read any issues of it, It would surely be more hyped up if it were. These things usually are. i.e Watchmen)

Nah, best story ever. Better than everything.

Some of you ask for a lot/big stuff. O.o

I usually just ask for a game and/or a CD. Though this year I don't even know what game to ask for since there's not much out for the Wii/DS. Don't know about a CD yet either.

Oh, gift voucher for the art store, that's on my list too usually, just in case I don't know what else to ask for (and art stuff is expensive).

A few BluRays, a few Wii games, LittleBigPlanet and some toys :)

And for people saying theres not much on the Wii, you do realise Wii Music comes out on Friday :D

My dad normally gives me what I want for Christmas, so I may wish for a 5.1 sound system.

But other than that I only want things like bed sheets, Underwear, socks.

Havening everything only means you can also enjoy the simple things in life.

Christmas isn't about getting presents for me anymore, it's about having a good time with my family.

Yeah, right on. I couldn't really give a crap about what I got in terms of presents.. I know my family can't especially afford to get me some expensive shit, I'll probably ask for a memory stick, and a holdall or something. At the end of the day, if I get to have a peaceful day with the family, eat Christmas dinner after having a couple of pints with my old man and then play a few games or whatever in the afternoon then I'm happy.

It dispares me that people hype up Christmas so soon, its fucking November, bonfire night has just been.. the three Wise Men haven't even seen the star yet.. chill! Also dispares me that the true meaning has been removed due to rampant consumerism.. great.

I can't even think how long it's been since I even asked for any presents, never mind big expectations.

Saying that, I got a really sweet CD player last year, but it was my Dad's idea.

It's all about family for me. My brother is coming back from Hong Kong who I've not seen since April, and my other brother from London is coming up with his new girlfriend. not seen him for a bit and never met her.

It's going to be immense. Really, really looking forward to it.

Yeah, right on. I couldn't really give a crap about what I got in terms of presents.. I know my family can't especially afford to get me some expensive shit, I'll probably ask for a memory stick, and a holdall or something. At the end of the day, if I get to have a peaceful day with the family, eat Christmas dinner after having a couple of pints with my old man and then play a few games or whatever in the afternoon then I'm happy.

It dispares me that people hype up Christmas so soon, its fucking November, bonfire night has just been.. the three Wise Men haven't even seen the star yet.. chill! Also dispares me that the true meaning has been removed due to rampant consumerism.. great.

Trust me, once you've worked retail you hate christmas.

I dunno, I've worked the last four Christmases and I still like it. In fact I prefer the buildup to the day itself. And I nearly ran myself into the ground last Christmas but seeing people happy, managing to help people get what their kids want and stuff (unless they wanted a Wii) was a nice feeling.

I can't even think how long it's been since I even asked for any presents, never mind big expectations.

Saying that, I got a really sweet CD player last year, but it was my Dad's idea.

It's all about family for me. My brother is coming back from Hong Kong who I've not seen since April, and my other brother from London is coming up with his new girlfriend. not seen him for a bit and never met her.

It's going to be immense. Really, really looking forward to it.

Me too! :) I always have christmas with my family and that's really what I love about it.

Totally.

We're the traditional hosts for the family on my mum's side too so we have loooooooooads of people over on Boxing Day.

It's mental, but always worth it because we have a good time, and we don't see the extended bunch all that often.

Mines also about family, but therein lies the problem. Although thankfully Christmas day is now going to be a bit less...troubling considering yesterday's verdict. I love them, but not for a whole 24 hours :p

I dunno, I've worked the last four Christmases and I still like it. In fact I prefer the buildup to the day itself. And I nearly ran myself into the ground last Christmas but seeing people happy, managing to help people get what their kids want and stuff (unless they wanted a Wii) was a nice feeling.

I don't hate it, but there's something wrong when you start talking about Christmas in August and people buying Tree's in September.

Actually I would say I hate the commercial side of christmas, rather than christmas itself. I love the idea of christmas and when you go about celebrating without all this commercial crap it's great.

the three Wise Men haven't even seen the star yet.. chill! Also dispares me that the true meaning has been removed due to rampant consumerism.. great.

:P Don't the wise men see the star after the birth? They arrive 12 days later on Epiphany. January 6th now. MY BIRTHDAY. Ahem...

Parents of children usually get really stressed with the build up to christmas.

Feel sorry to see some of the flurries some get in to.

Actually I would say I hate the commercial side of christmas, rather than christmas itself. I love the idea of christmas and when you go about celebrating without all this commercial crap it's great.

That's probably what I meant, working retails clouds your mind and all your subject too is the commercial side of things. Kinda makes you forget what it's all about.

Aye, I think that's what pushed me over the edge.. Xmas music in November..

Just realising I did three Christmases at game...anyway the second was the best. I was in high enough authority and cool enough to pick the music (so I'd make playlists of contemporary stuff, odd christmas song or two, obscure stuff) so it wasn't too bad. Last year they had the naff Game Live Radio thing.

But even so, I don't mind Christmas music too much. Even in November.

Aye, I think that's what pushed me over the edge.. Xmas music in November..

I was in Starbucks yesterday and they had Christmas music on, and they had a special cherry coffee thing for Christmas too.

But then our town lights were turned on 4th November, bloody madness. Christmas shouldn't be anywhere near beginning until mid-Nov at the very earliest. :(

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas I really do, the sights, the smells (Christmas festive candles for the win!), the happy festive cheer, all the love in my family... But its just a little too early and it doesn't feel AS special come the big day.

I think that come November it is acceptable for shops to start advertising Christmas and stuff. Anything before then gets to me.

Luckily the lights in sheffield don't turn on til the 16th, which is acceptable for me. Shame it's all a fuss now though, I miss the old christmases we had.