NEurope
Sprout

This Month's NOM.

I'm gonna be getting a new subsription to something. Dunno what though. What do you guys recommend? I hear Edge is good.

There's that Game Master or something :wtf: The Super Flash Bros. read it anyway!!

Erm...anyway I don't think that much of that Fire Emblem. Anyhow, it's a matter of opinion which you prefer. I prefer Advance Wars to Fire Emblem.

Actually, would anyone be interested in sometime having a Second Edition Nincyclopedia? The general look being the same, so it would fit in when in a collection. None of the old facts, just a second book of new ones. I think it'd be pretty cool.

There's that Game Master or something :wtf: The Super Flash Bros. read it anyway!!

Erm...anyway I don't think that much of that Fire Emblem. Anyhow, it's a matter of opinion which you prefer. I prefer Advance Wars to Fire Emblem.

Games Master is awfully biased. NOM started to become less biased when the NOM leader made that post on Cube-Europe about improving magazine, and did alot of other things asked for (More 'clean' front pages etc).

The Flash Bros. said it was pretty fair (I haven't read it, so I wouldn't really know)

What do you mean by 'clean'?!

I was surprised with this month's NOM actually.

90% for Nintendogs and Advance Wars

88% for Fire Emblem. I was expecting them to be more generous ...

NGC don't rule. Not since it was N64. I haven't buoght a Nintendo orientated magazine in ages. Its more Edge and World Soccer now. They OWN the NOM's and MATCH!'s of their respective genre.

Got it today, its almost as bad as the bog roll I use to wipe my ass with. Its terrible, the bit that pissed me off the most was the stupid immature "20 things you didn't know about Pokémon". I was expecting some nice little facts etc. But no the f**k tarts give us (e.g) "2. If you drop a piano on Pikachu, he won't just faint; he'll die."

Did Tim Street even listen to us on C-E. I think not, I'm seriously considering not buying this magazine, its just become crap.

But the "10 things you didn't know about Pokémon" had THE best joke in it though!! Weeninbell, heheh!!

And I thought the Emerald review was an interesting read.

I was surprised with this month's NOM actually.

90% for Nintendogs and Advance Wars

88% for Fire Emblem. I was expecting them to be more generous ...

You don't call that generous? Anything over 80% is a very good score, IMO. Considering 50% is "average", afterall. :geek:

Hahaha, not really... 50% games are naff, i never buy anything below 60% if i can help it. Usually not under 70% either.

Maybe not, but to argue over 2-10% is a bit petty I think. I was happy with CVG's 5/5 system to be honest. I don't see the need to be picky over a few points here or there. Either a game is great, good, average, poor or crap. That's all I need to know.

You don't call that generous? Anything over 80% is a very good score, IMO. Considering 50% is "average", afterall. :geek:

If NOM were a respectable magazine, you would be 100% correct.

I take it you see the problem here?

Not really. DKC1 had already been ported to GBC, and the GBA versions don't look half as nice as the SNES originals. Golden Sun proves the GBA is a competent piece of kit, but the DKC ports come over as pretty lazy, not to mention a bit dated now. Perhaps it's just that Rare's latest output hasn't been so hot? Mr Pants anyone?

I'm sure if they ported Killer Instinct Gold to DS, or Jet Force Gemini, or even Blast Corps, they'd sing praises.