NEurope
stuwii

Game aspects that really annoy you

When you have to perform actions with the Wii Remote that don't even remotely resemble the actions in-game. Mario and Sonic, anyone?

When you have to perform actions with the Wii Remote that don't even remotely resemble the actions in-game. Mario and Sonic, anyone?

Like what? I love this game!

I think the idea of respawning enemies is pretty annoying. Walking into a room, defeating the baddies, leaving and then re-entering and having to do the same work all over again.

Another aspect is where you die, and have to go through the same load of hassle that you had to go through in the first place, to get back to the spot where you died, only to die again. Being able to restart exactly where you left off is a god-send.

Or, most annoying, when you have to defeat or collect everything in one particular area before you can continue.

"Find 10 somethings/Defeat 20 something elses."

The last few are always so annoying or tedious.

I think the idea of respawning enemies is pretty annoying. Walking into a room, defeating the baddies, leaving and then re-entering and having to do the same work all over again.

Worst case scenario is when you kill someone up ahead, and then another person runs into his position, and when you kill him someone else runs there...it's annoying and looks stupid.

Mostly all fucking modern JRPG....For once I would like too play a main character who is over 25 yrs old, and also cut the crap out of god awful love scenes (Looks over at the craptastic game known as Final Fantasy X )

pointless, unskipable trecks. i dont mind a long journey if the game calls for it, i like exploring a land skape rather then just being plonked at different points ala FFX, but its just a pain to have to walk the same path over and over, like in starfox adventures, you probebly wasted hours just walking some were. reflects real life but if you know were it is, you should have an auto travle function, hell, you could even interupt it if called ofr by plot or battles.

stupid AI. i love a hectic battle, pushing forward though cover, makes you feel like a real man, but nothing spoils the mood more then a random soilder stood there oblivios, taking shots but just acting like hes on gurad duty on anouther dull day.

one chance items. oh great, i missed somthing great cos i didnt stop to check the chest in the exploding plane. no way to get it back. fuck socks. only way to get it is to play again?

paying for downloaable conenet. i've bought the game, your witholding stuff just to get money out of me. go fuck yourself. thats right, rape our own eye socket and die you thiving cunt.

exclusive features. i dont see why i cant have the same as some one else just cos i dont have the same console. its like racism for the 21st century.

online play. great idea, but dosent factor in just how much outher people can be twats. voice chat would be great, if i wasnt called names for winning.

societie's view. im either immature, a geek or super violent dpending on which social group is looking at me. i cant just be a guy relaxing? call it mindless? im sorry, i just had to factor in several different conditions, possible outcomes and work out damage percentages in my head, in less then a second. rest assured im using more of my brain in an hours worth of fallout 3 then you would in 6 hours vegitating infront of the tv.

addictiveness. its almost 6am, am I even enjoying this anymore? id best just get that item...

fanboyism. you like your wii/360/ps3? yeah me to, but i like them all, your isnt best, thats opinion. rating outher consoles games low on meta critic isnt even funny, its just sad.

price. the only way i can afford all the games i want is to get a job that will mean i never play them.

collectors. never removed from the box? what a waste, you might aswell have a dog turd in there, let the game be enjoyed, as it was ment to.

uneven difficulty. you cant just stick jonney kick ass in now! ive been murdering everything youve thrown at me so far, then you drop in somthing totaly out of proprtion. you twats.

Time Limits.

i really hate time limits.

Indeed Time Limits, I hate that in a game...

Currently going through No More Heroes again , awesome game but reminded me of one thing that annoyed me......

Bosses/enemies who have cheap instant death moves. I don't want to spend ages carefully taking a bosses health down only to be completely wiped out because I was fractionally late trying to evade their aforementioned cheap move.

Unnecessary waggle/waggling party games. If i want a sore wrist, i'll have a vigorous wank.

Agreed. 95% of all Wii games basically.

Here's one - ridiculous grinding of levels or really lengthy, MMORPG-style gathering of items for quests. See Final Fantasy XII.

When games that are pretty realistic in most aspects suddenly do something entirely unnecessary that defeats that feeling, such as magic in Condemned 2 and Fahrenheit, the famous "enemies just wont die" problem, when you can empty a magazine into someone, and they'll get back up. What's even worse than this is when they don't even flinch when shot - this is why I love the (proper) Call of Duty games - every thing fits.

Black 90's stereotypes who rap over the credits.

Bring it on sucker, this is my kind of shit!

Agreed. 95% of all Wii games basically.

Here's one - ridiculous grinding of levels or really lengthy, MMORPG-style gathering of items for quests. See Final Fantasy XII.

First part of the post top notch, second, FFXII doesn't need that much grinding. And considering there are no random battles, not turned based and no need to wait for the battle screen to load, it just makes it even smoother. The item gathering part? Agreed, but it's all side quests, if you don't wanna do them, don't :P

Its not really an aspect as such... but... predictably I'm gonna have to highlight the METROID SERIES. :nono: What a load of old tosh.

What? I.. uh.. oh man.

I dunno, so many things annoy me, I wouldn't know where to begin, but artificial difficulty would be one. I really like a challenge, but making you get 3000 times the damage and deal 4987454 less is not the way to do it. Or having to do really precise things not to die facing an unfair situation, but the camera or controls aren't up to it, so you'll have to replay the whole last 30 minutes. Ugh.

collectors. never removed from the box? what a waste, you might aswell have a dog turd in there, let the game be enjoyed, as it was ment to.

Not all collectors, leave games in the boxes, I collect them and play them :P

The shake to spin thing in Mario Galaxy - not only does it hurt your wrist, but my god it's irritating when it doesn't work at the vital moment and causes you to die.

DLC, depending on the context. The Megaman 9 DLC, for instance, is ridiculous and should have been there in the first place.

RPG's that have music videos for intros :shakehead

Having to wade through 10 screens to get to the title screen in newer games (Developer screen, Publisher screen, Dolby screen, 3D engine screen, loading screen, etc...)

On the subject of bad Wiimote implementation, the Sixaxis is just as useless if not moreso

Having to wade through 10 screens to get to the title screen in newer games (Developer screen, Publisher screen, Dolby screen, 3D engine screen, loading screen, etc...)

Ah yes, I hate it when you want to dive into the game... but have to sit through all that guff. Especially when you can't skip through it all! Stuff like Forsaken on the N64 springs to mind.

Bring it on sucker, this is my kind of shit!

First part of the post top notch, second, FFXII doesn't need that much grinding. And considering there are no random battles, not turned based and no need to wait for the battle screen to load, it just makes it even smoother. The item gathering part? Agreed, but it's all side quests, if you don't wanna do them, don't :P

That's only a trick. In fact, there's far more random battles in the game than any previous FF games. Holding the button to run past them all just isn't practical and you end up fighting far, far more enemies than you would have in previous games. It's enjoyable enough at first, but eventually fighting the same enemy over and over becomes really tiresome. It would have been better if there was more story and dialogue sequences to pad out the battling, but as there wasn't, it seemed that most of the time was spent just fighting enemies continuously.

I like doing my Final Fantasy sidequests, so naturally I was disappointed when I found out that they had made getting the legendary weapons nearly as difficult as in an MMORPG. I found the FFX weapon gathering had a pretty cool take - you had to get the sigil for a character by doing something fairly unique (blitzball, chocobo racing, hunting down the summons, monster arena completion) rather than just harvesting items from mundane enemies.

Speaking of FF XII, lets not forget that caper with opening/ not opening a chest and it spoiling your chances of getting some item later on. I hate it when side quests and items are so deeply hidden in RPGs that you have next to no chance of finding them unless you are an expert at the game. Sure people might say that stuff like that is for when you play the game a second time and might use a guide to see what you missed before. It means for me that alot of events, side quests and items are never witnessed nor obtained cos I would never think of going to certain places, at specific times throughout the game when there is no need to be there!

The bullshit gravity in Galaxy. I've stopped trying 100 purple coins in Dreadnought Galaxy because of this.

Plus, in pretty much most games, mainly RPG's, you start in a glorious fantasy world, but you always end up in some technological fortress at the end, either that or space/other dimension.

I feel Tales Of Symphonia is a slight exception to this, as you shift from fantasy to technology from the beginning.

Not all collectors, leave games in the boxes, I collect them and play them :P

thats good, a game needs to be played

On the subject of bad Wiimote implementation, the Sixaxis is just as useless if not moreso

it felt really tacked on to mgs4, tho in heavenly swoird it was rather good once you got used to it, didnt feel like a gimmik, rather a cool little thing.

When your console decides to have a cry and completely fuck up. So a potential 100% of 360 titles.