NEurope
Nolan

WTF EA

Saying offensive things or doing them in real life is in a totally different league to having some forum slagging match. On the internet, the vast majority of the time, we remain anonymous. I just think taking away someone's ability to play games just because they said a few bad things ON A FORUM is ludicrous.

Doesn't it just affect playing online?

I actually think this could set a bad precident and I would have very little faith in EA having the ability to set the correct rules/moderators in place to make sure that only those that behave like dicks on the forums get targeted.

What's the next step , barring negative criticism about any of their games however constructive those comments may have been relayed (and we all know that the vast majority of EAs games are ripe for some criticism).

May/may not happen , but if EAs relentless pursuit for majority control of the gaming market is anything to go by , then who knows what else they may have in store. Slippery slope , I reckon.

Anyway , shouldn't they be more concerned with concentrating all their efforts on improving the games rather than worrying about what someone has posted on the forums.

It's been updated

Update: Electronic Arts has clarified to Shacknews that the situation stemmed from a "misunderstanding," explaining that "access to the forums and access to the games are separate" and that "each forum, game and service is managed independently by customer support representatives."

Been very funny playing Fifa 09- they have used the fifa 06 graphic engine and no player growth- plus they talk about growth information but it is simply not there.

Been very funny playing Fifa 09- they have used the fifa 06 graphic engine and no player growth- plus they talk about growth information but it is simply not there.

Good for you, how about the topic in question?

I think it's a good idea tbh.

Good for you, how about the topic in question?

I think it's a good idea tbh.

Well tbh I think your wrong, but that's beside the point since that isn't what is happening. Read the upateI posted, or check the site again and read the update right at the top.

Wow......I'm wholly surprised at the good reactions. This is not a good thing, does anyone here remember people being banned for complaining about Spores horrid DRM? Well do you really think they deserve to lose all of their privileges for voicing their complaints? What if some mod starts abusing power? That's a large headache for people that don't deserve the ban, and whoever they have to appeal too to remove the ban. Like Jimbob said, what if other companies follow suit, this is just not good.

To me, that sounds like bad policing, rather than bad policy.

In theory, this sounds like a good idea to me. You need to think "Why would somebody get banned from a forum?" It's not difficult to be polite, or keep your nose clean.

Then, there's the possibilities of different 'degrees' of banning. Banning for a week, a day, or even a month. A ban doesn't need to be a lifetime's worth.