NEurope
ReZourceman

24 Season 7/Redemption Thread

Mm yeah, I agree. It's still a good show and all but it's definitely getting tired. If the next season isn't the last then they've definitely taken it too far. Though I do have the time for their feature movie supposedly coming after S8. I'd be interested to see how they do with that one. But I remember in previous seasons (Season 4 being my first - mind was blown) the episodes would really have me on the edge of my seat or feeling for the characters, it was believable, with Season 1 actually making me shed a tear on the final episode for obvious reasons :heh:

I'd be up for future programmes with the same characters (when Jack dies) but NOT 24....as in, not real time. It would be quite interesting (if they insist on doing so) but totally S8 should be the last.

Its already run its course/gone too far.

*** Spoiler warning... just in case! ***

Forgot to post earlier in the week. I thought all-in-all that it was a great series. There were so many great moments in the first halfish of it with old faces reappearing- it was great for 24 to be back after the writers strike. :hehe: I thought it was an epic series, it seems crazy to think that it all started out with the Africans being the baddies! Juuuuma!

I thought the last two episodes wouldn't be able to round things off well enough, but in fact, I think things were handled really well. We found out Tony's true motives which for me were completely believable and made me feel really sympathetic for him. :( Then the President had to do what was right in regards to her daughter and John Voight, Renée did what she thought was right in going in to torture the big bad guy even though it went against the law and Jack got his absolution. It wasn't an action packed ending, but it worked really well and showed us the human side to the characters- something thats overlooked when everything is constantly against the clock.

Roll on the final season...!

I'd be up for future programmes with the same characters (when Jack dies) but NOT 24....as in, not real time. It would be quite interesting (if they insist on doing so) but totally S8 should be the last.

For instance:

METAL GEAR ETHAN

Jogging with Renee. Not really parody-like as the above posts, but who gives a shit. I want to see this.

Jogging with Renee. Not really parody-like as the above posts, but who gives a shit. I want to see this.

Okay winnar.

Someone is coming back for more in Season 8.

Charles Logan! President Taylor reluctantly calls him into the White House to help deal with a new terrorist threat. Nice to see he didn't peg it in season 6 after all.

Also.... TRAILER!

Got a text yesterday telling me about the above spoilered info. Man I hate that character, hope he gets killed off brutally, like such a weasel deserves. The trailer looks good, bring on the new series!

I love Kim's daughter already!

Can't wait for the new season. One of the main highlights of a new year starting for me!

I think there was rumours of it but I read today that the cast/crew were talking about how re-energised they were filming in New York so nobody knows anymore

Season 8 starts in the US on January 17th, yay! Sky haven't revealed when it'll be screened in the UK however. Hopefully it won't be too long.

On a side note, I received the 24 annual for Christmas, and the mini synopsis for season 6 reveals that...

... President Wayne Palmer was actually killed by the bombing. Hmm.