NEurope
ReZourceman

24 Season 7/Redemption Thread

Wasn't sure if you saw it the first time. It's just so you know that I mean business. :heh:

JeffreyNordling_0038_djrV1f.jpg

Be at peace, son of Gondor. :(:cry:

Man... this season is just going backwards and forwards.

Its super entertaining, but how many twists can they use before this just gets daft? XD

Wasn't sure if you saw it the first time. It's just so you know that I mean business. :heh:

JeffreyNordling_0038_djrV1f.jpg

Be at peace, son of Gondor. :(:cry:

Aw...and he never got to "hit" Renee :heh:

Aw...and he never got to "hit" Renee :heh:

I thought there was something there before the show started.

They said something about his ex wife and how Renee shouldn't talk to her...

Maybe Renee was the same with Larry as she is with Jack?

"I love Jack, I hate Jack, I love Jack, I hate Jack, I love Jack, I slap Jack, I love Jack, I hate Jack, Jacks dieing so I love him again........ooo Kim, maybe I love her now?"

I love the scenes where Renee has to run. Boingoingoing.

I was going to say. She has a pretty good rack :p.

Well shit. Kinda was and wasn't expecting Tony to be bad again, knew Larry would be killed at some point but wasn't sure when. Good episode anyway. Obviously Tony has a target in mind...

I've now joined a Larry Moss Appreciation Society on Facebook.

Janice needs to die next to restore balance.

Man... this season is just going backwards and forwards.

Its super entertaining, but how many twists can they use before this just gets daft? XD

I have to say, although I am enjoying it, this season got daft a loooooooong time ago. It's like the producers are saying "Let's see how much crap we can give anyone before it gets ridiculous!"

I just love they way they keep moving the goalposts. Like it starts with Colonel Dubaku, then he gets caught and hes all "lol not me". Then theres General Juma, who proceeds to get caught and say "lol not me". Then theres Starkwood, who proceed to get caught and then say "lol not us". Now it's someone else.

Brilliant.

Really unimpressed with the Tony thing, it's like they've run out of storyline, oh wait...we'll make him bad again. And then probably good again. And then bad again.

I'm losing the faith.

I have to say, although I am enjoying it, this season got daft a loooooooong time ago. It's like the producers are saying "Let's see how much crap we can give anyone before it gets ridiculous!"

This.

Edited by Molly

Let's just see where they're going with Tony first, there could be a decent explanation. He's still going to have to die, by the hand of Bauer, for killing Larry.

I've now joined a Larry Moss Appreciation Society on Facebook.

Janice needs to die next to restore balance.

Hey, I like Janice. She's no Chloe, but she's still a decent female computer-nerd.

Janis (yeah not Janice, what kind of 24 geeks are you :heh:), she's ok. Does the job but Chloe is better. Just where has she been these past few hours? We need her back on the case.

Janis (yeah not Janice, what kind of 24 geeks are you :heh:), she's ok. Does the job but Chloe is better. Just where has she been these past few hours? We need her back on the case.

Show's how much of an impact she's made with me. She needs to die, and soon.

Chloe buggered off with Morris - I want Morris back too.

Good season, thought it ended on a slight low. Didn't enjoy the last 2 episodes as much as a lot of the others. Other than that it was a good solid season.

Yeah, the season started off great and kinda petered out towards the end.

Not seen the end yet (will do on Monday on Sky :heh:) but yeah, after this weeks episode it does feel a bit like its winding down rather than building up. Twill be interesting to see what happens in the final two hours...

Very emotional last episode. I think it ended perfectly.

My recollections of the first few seasons are very vague, since it's been years I've seen them, so my judgement can be inaccurate. But this has been the best 24 season thus far.

wtf, no end of season reactions m8s?

Whilst the ending was disappointing in the way that not enough was explained and it felt somewhat rushed, it was nice for the Tony thing to have a decent explanation. In hindsight, knowing Tony's ultimate motives, his actions seem to make sense. And it's in keeping with the character too, if you remember all the way back in Season 3 when he went against the job for Michelle :heh: I was also truly surprised when Jack's visitor was the Muslim. Thought that was a really nice little touch, as everyone was expecting it to be Kim.

Shame there are so many unanswered questions, however. It feels like we could do with an epilogue episode to wrap things up;

• The obvious, what happens to Jack/Kim?
  • What does Renee do with main baddie?
  • What did President Taylor want to talk to Chief of Staff about main baddy for?
  • What happens to Tony and the rest of the conspiracy group?

And more, I'm sure. After a bit of digging I've found out that Season 8 is supposedly set very soon after the end of Season 7, except in New York, with the NY branch of CTU re-established. On top of that some of the returning cast members have been announced, and that includes Renee, President Taylor, and Chloe :D. Interesting! So perhaps we'll get our answers after all.

In the mean time, I'm finally watching the only season of 24 to elude me; Season 2. I'm 5 episodes in and it's fantastic. Having watched Season 7 and the insanely convoluted twisted storyline it's refreshing to see a simple plot with simple twists thrown in. As well as opening on "I'm gonna need a hacksaw.", a line I previously had yet to hear uttered :heh:

I really am interested more in the ending. How is Jack going to return from his coma? And what side effects will he have? What happens from here on out now that CTU returns? Now that the threats has been eased; Will the muslims be a part of the new terrorist threat? That cliffhanger leaves more questions unanswered more than it does answer questions.

EDIT: Dyson asks more questions that I had when I watched that ending.

Edited by Carlos

Oooh, Dyson that sounds good about season 8. Heck I want it to start immediately after.

I need to see what Renee did!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I do really like how they've set it up though.

Ahhh! Dude from Slumdog is in season 8. Awesome.

anil-kapoor_photoboxart_160w.jpg

Freddie Prinze Jr is joining the cast of 24, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Reports say that the actor will be a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in Jack Bauer's footsteps.

Earlier this week, it was announced that Jennifer Westfeldt and John Boyd had joined the cast of Fox's drama series.

Prinze, who is married to Sarah Michelle Gellar, recently co-starred in the ABC comedy pilot No Heroics alongside Paul Campbell, Eliza Coupe and Arielle Kebbel.

Taken From Digital Spy

In the mean time, I'm finally watching the only season of 24 to elude me; Season 2. I'm 5 episodes in and it's fantastic. Having watched Season 7 and the insanely convoluted twisted storyline it's refreshing to see a simple plot with simple twists thrown in. As well as opening on "I'm gonna need a hacksaw.", a line I previously had yet to hear uttered :heh:

Season 2 is awesome. The first 3 are all great, the only one which tops 2 and 3 (other than 1, obviously) is number 5.

24 back then was so much better than what it is now, the plots were much better as you said as the twists weren't absolutely huge. This season got a bit outrageous with the "finally, it's all over", oh wait no it's not. Now it is. Oh no it's not. Oh yes it is. He's behind you!