NEurope

No Galaxy or Prime 3? That's madness :(

Madness?! (You know the rest. I am watching 300 by the way. :heh:)

This is really interesting:

IGN AU have put together a list of all console exclusives of 2008 which they consider to be of a high quality games (scoring over 7.5/10. Australian reviews are used where possible). Games which scored over 9 I've bolded:

Wii

Boom Blox 8.1 [uS]

Castlevania Judgment 7.5 [uS]

de Blob 8.4 [uS]

Disaster: Day of Crisis 8.0 [uK]

Endless Ocean 8.1 [AU]

Mario Kart Wii 7.9 [AU]

No More Heroes 8.5 [AU]

Samba de Amigo 7.5 [uS]

Skate It 8.5 [uS]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 9.3 [AU]

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension 8.3 [AU]

Wii Fit 8.3 [AU]

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure 9.1 [AU]

Xbox 360

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts 8.0 [AU]

Fable II 9.2 [AU]

Gears of War 2 8.9 [AU]

Lost Odyssey 8.0 [AU]

Naruto: The Broken Bond 8.3 [uS]

Ninja Gaiden II 8.0 [AU]

Tales of Vesperia 8.2 [uS]

Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise 8.6 [AU]

PS3

Buzz! Quiz TV 8.9 [uS]

Everybody's Golf: World Tour 8.9 [uS]

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 8.3 [AU]

LittleBigPlanet 9.2 [AU]

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 9.5 [AU]

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift 8.9 [AU]

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 8.4 [uS]

Resistance 2 9.3 [AU]

SingStar Vol. 2 8.0 [AU]

Siren: Blood Curse 8.4 [uS]

Valkyria Chronicles 9.1 [AU]

Good, these area out just in time to help me win an argument.

Holy crap, 2 million Wiis sold in November in USA!

Amazing. It really does print money!

Holy crap, 2 million Wiis sold in November in USA!

yodawii.gif

Who is Palpatine? (I hope it's David Jaffe).

Oh, and *cough*

From IGN's Year in Review (on the "Looking to 2009" section) :

Wii owners can look forward to some exciting announcements from third-parties like Electronic Arts, Konami and Ubisoft. We know of at least two major EA and Konami IPs that Wii fans are going to flip over when they become official

My guess? Sims 3 and MGS (ha).

Well the Konami part will no doubt boost speculation about the MG game. Anyway, looking forward to these games I might flip out over at :heh:

@ Lostmario - could be a re-release of MGS 3 on the Wii. Wouldn't be surprised. Or it could be the game that that teaser site is for. Who knows.

I cant see it being a re-release of 2 or 3, would that make you "flip over"?

A spin off set before 4 or after 2 maybe.

If it is a MGS spin off that aint on the PSP, Sony will be pissed. First monster hunter 3 on wii, FF13 on 360, then DQ9 & 10 on Nintendo consoles.

I didnt know where to post this but seeing as some people dont go into the General threads and it is Nintendo related I thought I would slap it here for the gamers to enjoy :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/295435.html?playlist=featured

Great vid about 1990 console wars. Interesting how the competitors have a more powerful system and Nintendo spouting the same stuff as today - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMES!!! Well at least they're consistent :)

Also very interesting about targeting the Gameboy at adults!!

I seem to recall the N64 was spouted as "the most powerful games console on earth" or something like that at the time. And that had probably the best games ever. Shame about the sales though, truly was the greatest console ever made.

Would people really 'flip' out over a game like Burnout though? Don't think they're that great.

Bring on the new IPs!

I seem to recall the N64 was spouted as "the most powerful games console on earth" or something like that at the time. And that had probably the best games ever. Shame about the sales though, truly was the greatest console ever made.

Yeah, "the fastest, most powerful games console on earth." Them were the days! Didn't it clock in at something like 100mhz which was completely immense, coupled with 64-bits compared to the measly 32 or the PS1, making the N64 specs great for the ego. Well, until the Dreamcast came out, lol.

Konami: A cel-shading Ganbare Goemon game with a western release... I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

Bah you beat me to it. Not sure if I'd want cel-shading though, will need to think about that.

As for EA I don't think it'll be from their established franchises, probably some sort of casual type game with huge appeal to cross-over. Something like Zack and Wiki (But more marketable).

Whilst I'd love a MGS game, the controls are complicated enough as it is - I wonder how they would map to the Remote and nunchuk combo.

As good as Castlevania games are, it's difficult to describe it as a "major" IP in the current market. Sure it has a rich heritage, but sales aren't what they once were and the name is fast becoming meaningless to those who don't follow the series.

Though I would prefer a Castlevania game to an MGS one in all honesty.

As for a major title from EA, it's difficult to say as most of their really big games are multi format anyway. The only established title with any kind of pedigree of theirs yet to may the leap, that immediately springs to mind at least, would be the Battlefield games. Though it wouldn't make me "flip over"...

Of course in both cases, I'm assuming the IPs don't already have titles in existence on the console.

Konami: A cel-shading Ganbare Goemon game with a western release... I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

The N64 version on the VC would do me fine. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Whilst I'd love a MGS game, the controls are complicated enough as it is - I wonder how they would map to the Remote and nunchuk combo.

Hmmm lemme see... First person with Z, Shooting with B, rolling and whatnot with A, grabbing guys by shaking the nunchuck, action with C and the inventory on the D-Pad. Does that cover it? Problem is, now that the game has controlable camera, the no twin stick curse strikes, so leaving the d-pad alone for that would be good.

Hmmm lemme see... First person with Z, Shooting with B, rolling and whatnot with A, grabbing guys by shaking the nunchuck, action with C and the inventory on the D-Pad. Does that cover it? Problem is, now that the game has controlable camera, the no twin stick curse strikes, so leaving the d-pad alone for that would be good.

You'd still have unarmed combat so I guess that would either have to be mapped to the Action button, which isn't normally used for much anyway, or have it on a waggle of the remote. The problem with waggle is that there always seems to be a time delay which tends to throw me off.

But like you say, the camera...

Not too disastrous, but it better offer CC support if it turns up.

Bah you beat me to it. Not sure if I'd want cel-shading though, will need to think about that.

I was thinking of a style similar to the DS one (and Okami too since both are meant to look like traditionnal japanese drawings).

goemon-mystical-ninja-ds-20050712020228043.jpg

You'd still have unarmed combat so I guess that would either have to be mapped to the Action button, which isn't normally used for much anyway, or have it on a waggle of the remote. The problem with waggle is that there always seems to be a time delay which tends to throw me off.

But like you say, the camera...

Not too disastrous, but it better offer CC support if it turns up.

Never had any problem with delay in TP or Okami. I wouldn't use CC, pointing+IR=win