Having seemingly provoked a little discussion on Disaster, I've moved onto my next Wii game after clearing Day of Crisis this morning :hehe:

It's another one that I've been wanting to play again for a while and that is Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies!

I've been through Stages 0, 1 and 2 so far and wow.. what a ride :grin: Great fun!

• Thanks 2

S&P2 is SO FUCKING GOOD!

What an absolutely wild ride of a game! Love every moment of it! :D 

If I have any complaint to make about the game as a whole though? It's that it's too long for an arcade style rail shooter.  It's not really feasible to beat it in one sitting without feeling a bit burnt out & exhausted before the end; which does hurt its replayability.  I can't really replay it nearly as much as the first game, purely for that reason.

It's still a fantastic experience though and one of Treasure/Nintendo's very best! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

S&P2 is SO FUCKING GOOD!

If I have any complaint to make about the game as a whole though? It's that it's too long for an arcade style rail shooter.  It's not really feasible to beat it in one sitting without feeling a bit burnt out & exhausted before the end; which does hurt its replayability.  I can't really replay it nearly as much as the first game, purely for that reason.

It's still a fantastic experience though and one of Treasure/Nintendo's very best! :D 

I think I've played a big part of this game, but stopped because I started on too high a difficulty and couldn't get any further. You can't change difficulty on the fly and I wasn't in the mood to start over and do it all again up to the point where I stalled. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

S&P2 is SO FUCKING GOOD!

Yeh.. it almost seems wrong to complain that there's too much of a great game but you're definitely right!

The other problem is that there's a message when you save and quit that tells you your score will reset to zero when you resume. Even though I'm not playing it for the score, I don't like that!

I definitely wanna play the N64 game again, too. Downloaded it on Wii U earlier in the year for convenience but haven't properly played it yet!

• Thanks 1

On 26/06/2020 at 6:40 PM, Helmsly said:

So uh..

In the end I didn't go for that deal initially. However, they're now seeling some left over stock for their black friday sales. Apparently they have some "cosmetic damages". I finally got Shakedown Hawaii (didn't want them both, and this one seemed more fun), and I'll see for myself how bad these cosmetic damages are. Games are 15 dollars, but they don't offer standard shipping for these, and it's a rediculous 19 dollars. This includes pre-paid vat and customs..However I don't have to pay vat and customs for something that's priced 15 dollars, so that stings. But, while not going to be the lastt wii game for me, it's s safe bet this will be the most recently released one, and I'm looking forward to adding it to the collection. And even playing it some day, when I get my CRT TV fixed.

Edited by Sméagol

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~arthiele/images/pictures/shakedown.png

And again, no idea why it won't embed.

If the "cosmetic damage" is what I think it is, it's so incredibly minor, they didn't have to bother mention it as far as I'm concerned. The paper with the cover art is slightly skewed, that's it. Pretty sure I've bought retail copies in the past with the same "problem".

I bought the Wii version of Retro City Ramage DX when VBlank first announced it in 2020 and was hoping for a PAL version of Shake Down Hawaii for the Wii U but they only released a North American version. I soft modded my Wii ages ago just so that I could play some Japanese games but haven't touched anything on the Wii U. I hesitated and then the Wii U versions were quickly sold out. In the end, I bought the PS4 version even though I don't have a PS4 yet and then months later they announce a Black Friday deal. From what I read on reddit the cosmetic damages were very minor.

• Thanks 1