NEurope

Was slightly tempted to buy it as a novelty/backup purchase but then I found out it doesn't even support 480p, so nope.

It's a great first console until they visit their friend who has a real Wii.

"Mom, why doesn't my Wii play Vir-tall Can-sole games?"

This thing should be put in a hole, covered with cement, never to see the light of day again. Seriously, it's a piece of $h1t. Stripped down to the barebones. No wi-fi, no USB, no 480p visuals and no Gamecube backwards compatibility. All this in possibly the ugliest, most disgusting shell "ever" for a console and it barely deserves the word Mini in its title. Concentrate on the Wii U Nintendo, you've enough problems with it as it is without further causing confusion.

Was slightly tempted to buy it as a novelty/backup purchase but then I found out it doesn't even support 480p, so nope.

What, really??? My god, so no component out?

*checks previous page*

:shakehead

Edited by Lens of Truth

Silly decision to release this now. As if 'casual' consumers in the UK weren't confused enough about what Nintendo's latest home console was! If someone wants a Wii that badly, they should get a second hand one at somewhere like CEX - it'd probably be cheaper than the Wii Mini, and would be fully featured. :shakehead

Silly decision to release this now. As if 'casual' consumers in the UK weren't confused enough about what Nintendo's latest home console was! If someone wants a Wii that badly, they should get a second hand one at somewhere like CEX - it'd probably be cheaper than the Wii Mini, and would be fully featured. :shakehead

It makes no sense. Its a bizarre decision!!

Exactly. Anybody who wants a Wii at this stage can buy a secondhand proper console for a fraction from any number of advert sites with a few games. The price of this thing I bet will be hilarious. The Wii is dead, let it R.I.P.

Retro City Rampage will be coming to WiiWare this Thursday for 1000 points.
Think they kind of missed the boat there a bit, no? A bit like the Wii Mini. :heh:

I was planning to get RCR on Wii, but I noticed it was half price on Steam, so just got it from there instead. :D

I wonder who is going to stock that Wii Mini console. Most of us have suspected that the problem with getting Wii U into the supermarkets may be due to a likely large amount of Wii hardware and software that isn't shifting, so if there is shelf space politics at play, this will only make it worse.

This is definitely not something the European market needs.

Mini my arse:

Wii-and-Wii-Mini-Comparison-541x360.jpg

miniwii002.jpg

650x.jpg

It actually occupies more space than the original Wii.

Also,

Not even SCART if I heard correctly.

and

My god, so no component out?

How does it display pictures?

How does it display pictures?

Directly into your brain.

(Composite cable.)

Imagine taking that home thinking it was Nintendo's latest HD console..

That's an unboxing I'd like to see :eek:

I think it's a great first console for young kids, and people seem to understand the difference between all the iPods, IPhones, iPad *mini*, so Wii Mini? I doubt it would have any effect on Wii U sales whatsoever.

There may be a few upset folks if they buy it thinking you can get online with it with the iPlayer and what not though!!

I think you give people way too much credit :heh:

It's the same difference though; Apple do it and continue to, so it must have had litte to no effect with their marketing. Obviously one or two people will make the mistake, get on the net and write about it, some rat will pick up on it, post as 'news' on the Weasel News Daily (N4G), Wii will post it here, before you know it one person has turned into millions, Nintendo doomed, blah, blah...

Nintendoomed is actually down-pat , a scientific formula N=BS°64√Wii.

It's the same difference though; Apple do it and continue to, so it must have had litte to no effect with their marketing. Obviously one or two people will make the mistake, get on the net and write about it, some rat will pick up on it, post as 'news' on the Weasel News Daily (N4G), Wii will post it here, before you know it one person has turned into millions, Nintendo doomed, blah, blah...

Nintendoomed is actually down-pat , a scientific formula N=BS°64√Wii.

^^^^^ This is the greatest post I've ever read, I bow to your awesomeness!

As for the Weasel News Daily, that is the best way to describe that rat infested pit known as N4G, the posters on their are the most pompous, uneducated, no-nothing fanboys on the planet!

I see no problem with the Wii Mini what-so-ever. It's a great and cheap starter console for kids or people who just want to do a bit of offline gaming with the likes of Mario and Wii Sports.

Samsung do this and no one complains. They release the awesome S3 and the produce numerous piss-poor cut down versions which all sell, like the S3 Mini which is essentially the S2 but maybe a little worse!

If this is £65 new I can't see why anyone is complaining.

If this is £65 new I can't see why anyone is complaining.

£79.99 is the best price so far. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Mini-Red/dp/B00B7GME9Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361966529&sr=8-4

Tad too much. They started off £103!

Though considering I seen a Wii U branded MotionPlus for £50 in ASDA yesterday - no nunchuck - it makes it look like a pretty good deal.

Edited by madeinbeats

Fisher Price!!

Fisher Price was the first thing that came to my mind. It looks like something dragged out of the early 90s.

But seriously what berkshire thought labelling it Mini was a good idea. Is that the level of Nintendo's marketing at the minute?