NEurope

Indeed we did.

Now pictofied!

1287149759-120.jpg

And did you guys see that coming, earlier release than japan?

No info on pricing but from what i heard its the same price as the wii remote now.

Do you gain special abilities in games if you plug a Wii Motion Plus in the new controller?

Also: I really, really hate the writing on the bottom. Can't they put it on the underside or something?

Edit: Prices on Play:

Wii Remote Plus: £39.99

Flingsmash + Wii Remote Plus: £34.99

I think I may wait as Flingsmash doesn't look like a game that will sell bucketloads, and hope that there's plenty of stock left to get it really cheap (like Red Steel 2).

Edited by Cube

Do you gain special abilities in games if you plug a Wii Motion Plus in the new controller?

Also: I really, really hate the writing on the bottom. Can't they put it on the underside or something?

Edit: Prices on Play:

Wii Remote Plus: £39.99

Flingsmash + Wii Remote Plus: £34.99

I think I may wait as Flingsmash doesn't look like a game that will sell bucketloads, and hope that there's plenty of stock left to get it really cheap (like Red Steel 2).

The motionplus thing inside will be activated if the game uses it, for example you can play tiger woods with only the wiimote, but if you play the game with the wii remote + the motion plus sensor wil be activated. It wont magicly make wii sports (not resort) 1:1 the controls for wii sports would be the same, it doenst matter if you play it with the wiimote or the wiimote+.

The "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" at the bottom is mearly for stupid people(so that they dont put in a motion plus attackment) and to make it obviously different from the normal wiimote.

If that was on the side, the difference would not be obvious.

Edited by marcel

What is this Netflix?

US based streaming movie service. I'd be surprised if Nintendo don't mirror this in europe with Lovefilm or Acetrax.

The "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" at the bottom is mearly for stupid people(so that they dont put in a motion plus attackment)

I've never thought what would happen if 2 plus attachments were put into one controller.. I don't suppose anyone experimented?

just to clarify, i don't imagine it would give greater accuracy, I am just curious, would it break one/both of the attachments, would it break the wiimote, prevent an attached nunchuck from working, eat up battery life a bit quicker?

I presume it would, at worst eat battery life and maybe stop a nunchuck working in conjunction but.. yeah just curious really. I wonder if motion plus wiimotes work differently to wiimotes with the motion plus attachment too - as in the sensors may be attached differently, power distribution etc. Is there a dissection of sorts on the net, as their often tends to be with new hardware

I've never thought what would happen if 2 plus attachments were put into one controller.. I don't suppose anyone experimented?

just to clarify, i don't imagine it would give greater accuracy, I am just curious, would it break one/both of the attachments, would it break the wiimote, prevent an attached nunchuck from working, eat up battery life a bit quicker?

I presume it would, at worst eat battery life and maybe stop a nunchuck working in conjunction but.. yeah just curious really. I wonder if motion plus wiimotes work differently to wiimotes with the motion plus attachment too - as in the sensors may be attached differently, power distribution etc. Is there a dissection of sorts on the net, as their often tends to be with new hardware

Well 2 pluses equal a minus, so in theory it would become the Motionminus and...

It would probably come just come up with a 'remove device message' or more likely it just wouldn't work, someone should try it though. Some probably will eventually.

Well 2 pluses equal a minus..

If you're being literal, that is completely wrong :eek: ..but if you're joking around, then it's OK :heh:

I imagine there will be no problem with attaching a Wii Motion Plus to the new remote because I'm sure Nintendo would have thought of that when designing it :heh: Chances are the new remote will be designed to ignore an additional Wii Motion Plus device..

US based streaming movie service. I'd be surprised if Nintendo don't mirror this in europe with Lovefilm or Acetrax.

I thought there were plans for a Lovefilm service over here? Maybe it was just a rumour at one point.

If you're being literal, that is completely wrong :eek: ..but if you're joking around, then it's OK :heh:

I imagine there will be no problem with attaching a Wii Motion Plus to the new remote because I'm sure Nintendo would have thought of that when designing it :heh: Chances are the new remote will be designed to ignore an additional Wii Motion Plus device..

I was joking but i did have a feeling i'd learnt that somewhere, but i just looked it up and apparently not. School teachers lied to me. :blank:

I was joking but i did have a feeling i'd learnt that somewhere, but i just looked it up and apparently not. School teachers lied to me. :blank:

No, you just remember it wrong: + and + is a plus, - and - is a plus, + and - is a minus, - and + is a minus.

No, you just remember it wrong: + and + is a plus, - and - is a plus, + and - is a minus, - and + is a minus.

Ahhhh, it all becomes clearer cheers!

It's been 4 long years since i last used that.:hmm:

Ok, so I got House of the Dead, as people here had recommended... And it is as awesome as it sounded. Thanks for the tip, guys! : peace:

I reckon I'll save it for Co-op, but time will tell.

My question is: the start up screen mentions attaching the nunchuck to the Wiimote. That scared me for a moment (because I don't have a second nunchuck), but as it turns out, not needed.

So, what is it for?

I started playing Super Paper Mario the other day. Just finished chapter 2. So far it's absolutely brilliant.

I started playing Super Paper Mario the other day. Just finished chapter 2. So far it's absolutely brilliant.

I have this but haven't really played it. Thanks for reminding me. :)

:bouncy::confused:Did somebody say 'Paper Mario' !?:hehe:

Chapter three is absolute class, I'd say; and .... nah I shan't spoil the surprises.

The story + all the sub-plots are very well executed, but I just think it's a shame it didn't adopt the 'regular' Paper Mario - Turn-Based - Gameplay.

This became especially painful when 'fighting' bosses.

:awesome:Great villain though:D

SSBB___Count_Bleck_by_WhiteWings.jpg

(I believe I posted that pic more than 4 times at N-europe)

I'm a hater of turn-based combat (although I really enjoyed the first Paper Mario up until the lava boss), so this one is perfect for me.

Craig Harris is leaving IGN.

The time has come, gang. It’s been nearly a decade and a half for me at IGN and this coming Friday it’ll be all over and done. I will be leaving the company a few short days from now.

I’ve been at IGN since April of 1997, among the first round of hires to build up Imagine Media’s — now Future Media — web entity known as the Imagine Games Network. In the first year I went from championing the SEGA Saturn to working on multi-console coverage at Next Generation and Ultra Game Players Online, then building up the PC site and settling into PlayStation coverage. Eventually I settled into my ultimate niche: handheld gaming. I certainly gave every portable system a fair shake, but let’s face it: it was a Nintendo world right from the start.

For more than ten years I championed the Game Boy and Nintendo DS content at IGN, ultimately taking over all of Nintendo last year…and had one hell of a time. But this comes to an end on November 19th.

The site will fully wont be caring about Nintendo now.

The site will fully wont be caring about Nintendo now.

Yeah, sucks about Craig leaving. Although they're getting someone new to take over. Bozon, perhaps? :confused:

I used to respect IGN and agreed with a lot of their views and reviews in the past. Those days have since gone, however. Bozon, though weird, gave some great RPG coverage (Etrian Odyssey!) and I always liked Matt too. I know Craig Harris did a lot for IGN but I never really liked his writing and when he took over the podcasts after Matt left, I stopped listening.

IGN are pretty much a non-entity for me nowadays, having once been my most visited gaming site after this place. :blank:

What a shame, although i suppose everyone moves on.

A lot of great people have left IGN now and i agree that it isn't what it once was, i always used to like Matt's stuff.

Gasps of indifference

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway

There's a pretty interesting editorial over at VGChartz which serves as a defence of what the site actually does. The writing of it sparked by this tweet from Microsoft's Chief of Staff and product manager Aaron Greenberg

"LOL'ing at sales reports from VGChartz, why do people release info as official when there is no source or science behind the #s?"*

*who the fuck do Microsoft hire for their game division? Their own meat-headed fanboys?

The article in question, as well as proving that the exec in question makes a false assumption related to the 'officiality' of the figures, actually makes a really solid justification of the role of VGChartz. Once you realise they don't just pluck numbers out of thin air, it's clear that the figures are actually the best indication available for how games perform. Obviously, and this is explained fully in the article, they shouldn't be taken as official, exact numbers. No-one's really claiming they are.

Good debate topic, anyway, seeing as how some people follow VGChartz religiously, while others wouldn't even give it the time of day.