NEurope

Thanks. You would think GT would be a little better at anticipating this sort of thing...

I pretty much agree with their sentiments, my predictions wouldn't be too dissimilar.

They all seem to think a new peripheral game will be announced.

What kind of peripheral is there that they havent done already?

Just finished watching it over at GT. Turned out as expected. While they talked about titles for the 360 and PS3, there really wasn't much mention of those coming from third parties which are big releases for the Wii. You know I would have thought that The Conduit, even though it's getting released shortly after E3 would have been mentioned. They sort of completely dodged that by pulling the 'hardcore titles haven't/don't really sell on the Wii' card which is a bit ignorant because, even though it sort of rings true, there are titles there and titles coming that are big sequels and new IPs for the Wii that'll have an impact on it with gamers. Likewise, they sort of dodged the talk on what titles Nintendo themselves will bring. The only sort of mention was from Mcnamara on wanting 2d Metroid and Zelda and that was really it. We know there are titles Nintendo are holding onto that will be aimed at the 'core' so they should have tried to play up some of the ideas and rumours surrounding what is going to appear but like they said, Nintendo's conference is so well done and so shrouded in secrecy that trying to make a good guess at what will come is going to be really hard.

I think really the only thing that they discussed that I think holds true is this idea that the next big Wii-insert title here game with some form of peripheral is coming and that'll it'll be big at market. Miyamoto said that after the Wii Wheel came out with Mario Kart that the initial set of ideas for add-ons had now run dry and we know they'll have been looking and designing new things so there must be something there and I'd expect something on that front at E3.

And lastly, Crecente brought up a good point about DSiWare and WiiWare. The former hasn't been running long so there's still time for it to get up and running better than it is but WiiWare is over a year old now and besides a slew of great titles, mostly coming from indie devs which is the most striking thing to take from the service so far, there really hasn't been much output on to the service by big developers other than Capcom with Megaman 9 and Square Enix with their Final Fantasy spin offs. Nintendo have put little effort in so far on their titles leaving it mainly to the indie devs to bring the experience that gamers want. You'd have thought that something which Nintendo had bigged up from the very beginning of the Wii would have a much better support from those bigging it up and providing the service.

Oh, and yeh I'd hate to see how Nintendo would so a camera for the Wii given how they gave us voice chat with Wii Speak. But yeh, it wasn't a great effort from the guys in talking about the reality of what we can expect at E3. Their sort of lack of effort and talk of 2010 would lead you to think that they personally don't have an interest in what's coming this year at the conference or in Nintendo at all at the moment. Knightley should have steered to convo more to get the questions answered.

I think the pre-e3 thing would have worked a bit better with Pachter (SP) in it, as he tends to stay more on topic.

is a camera likely for Wii? Its the only peripheral i can think of. Perhaps a rebirth of Stage Debut could utilise it, singing, acting, dance moves etc picked up with mics, cameras. Wii Perform, perhaps?

I've just finished watching that and in typical analyst style, there were a lot of words used and a lot of obvious statements made.

Not much in terms of speculation accept the unanimous agreement that they all see a peripheral based game coming.

Now given they announced WMP last year, just days before E3 if I recall, but it still hasn't hit selves, it would seem strange to be trying to promote another attachment or device when they still need to actually get this one out the door.

If they were to offer a new add-on, then I suspect it would have to be of the "free" variety - read: piece of plastic that houses the Wii Remote but doesn't do anything itself (see: the Wii Wheel).

I think the pre-e3 thing would have worked a bit better with Pachter (SP) in it, as he tends to stay more on topic.

It seems that the community hates Pachter, bunch of retards, if you ask me...

I can't really see a new periperal this year. They've got Motion+ to display, and probably Wii Fit 2 to show which'll bring the balance board back on stage.

Unless Wii Fit 2 has some other exercise equipment, like EA's offering.

It seems that the community hates Pachter, bunch of retards, if you ask me...

Exactly, Pachter is the best guest they've ever had on Bonus Round. Even people who hate him secretly want him on the show. I'm sure he'll be on the show they film on the E3 show floor though.

Just watched it and as expected they're completly dismissive of Nintendo. They say a lot of times that developers don't "get" Nintendo, but to me the specialized media doesn't either. They can't get anything out of Nintendo (and most Japanese developers) and that's why the industry is becoming western centric, its circlejerk between Americans "journalists" and developers.

I can't really see a new periperal this year. They've got Motion+ to display, and probably Wii Fit 2 to show which'll bring the balance board back on stage.

Unless Wii Fit 2 has some other exercise equipment, like EA's offering.

I was thinking that bout Wii Fit, supposadely it'll read your inputs better? I'm guessing (obviously) it just uses motion-plus..therefore the reason it's being called 'Wii Fit Plus'.

Wii Q3 release list:

Wii:

NEW PLAY CONTROL! DONKEY KONG JUNGLE BEAT (Nintendo)

5 juni

MySims™ Racing (EA)

9 juni

Grand Slam Tennis (EA SPORTS)

12 juni

Indiana Jones and the Staff Of Kings (LucasArts)

12 juni

Pirates Vs Ninjas Dodgeball (SouthPeak Games)

12 juni

PLAYZONE FUN PARK PARTY (Ubisoft)

18 juni

Let's Tap (SEGA)

19 juni

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 (NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe)

19 juni

The Munchables (NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe)

19 juni

Overlord Dark Legend (Codemasters)

25 juni

Another Code R : A Journey into Lost Memories (Nintendo)

26 juni

Resident Evil: Archives (Capcom)

26 juni

Rygar (Rising Star Games)

26 juni

The Conduit (SEGA)

26 juni

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Activision)

juni

Bob the Builder: Festival of Fun (Mastertronic - Blast Entertainment Label)

juni

It's My Birthday (2K Play)

juni

Rock Revolution (Konami )

juni

Virtua Tennis 2009 (SEGA)

juni

Mr Bean's Wacky World of Wii (Mastertronic - Blast Entertainment Label)

2e kwartaal

PLAYZONE SUMMER SPORTS PARTY (Ubisoft)

2 juli

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA SPORTS)

3 juli

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™ (EA)

5 juli

Roogoo Twisted Towers (SouthPeak Games)

10 juli

Wii Sports Resort & Wii MotionPlus Accessoire (Nintendo)

24 juli

G.I. JOE™ The Rise of Cobra (EA)

27 juli

Cake Mania - In the Mix (Majesco)

juli

Casper's Scare School: Spooky Sports Day (Mastertronic - Blast Entertainment Label)

juli

G-Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

juli

Hysteria Hospital (Oxygen Interactive)

juli

Major Minor's Majestic March (Majesco)

juli

Summer Athletics 2009 (dtp entertainment AG)

juli

The Bigs Baseball 2 (2K Sports)

juli

Madden NFL 10 (EA SPORTS)

14 augustus

Cursed Mountain (Deep Silver)

augustus

MY FITNESS COACH: CARDIO WORKOUT (Ubisoft)

augustus

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo)

4 september

Colin McRae Dirt 2 (Codemasters)

september

Cricket 09 (Codemasters)

september

Disney Sing It 2 Pop Hits (Disney Interactive Studios)

september

Diva Girls: Diva Ballerina (505 Games SRL)

september

Family Trainer: Extreme Challenge (NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe)

september

Go Play Circus Star (Majesco)

september

Mini Ninjas (Eidos)

september

NewU Fitness First Personal Trainer (Black Bean Games)

september

NEW Gameparty (Midway Games)

september

Runaway The Dream of the Turtle (Focus Home Interactive)

september

Spectrobes: Origins (Disney Interactive Studios)

september

Spyborgs (Capcom)

september

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: SMASH-UP (Ubisoft)

september

Toy Story Mania (Disney Interactive Studios)

september

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers (Konami )

september

Cate West The Vanishing Files (Oxygen Interactive)

3e kwartaal

Love Is…In Bloom (zushi games limited)

3e kwartaal

Where's excitebots?

FLiNk is THE Samba Di Amigo street team :p

Just got back into Zack & Wiki.... I've been playing all night :grin: I got to the first level on treasure island and it is just insanely hard... ended up having to call it a night. It took me ages just to figure out how to leave the little cell you start in :red:

I also had to use a hint doll on the boat level, was gutted I didn't figure it out myself :( it was pretty obvious aswell.

This game can make you feel sooo thick at times, but when you finally figure it out it's brilliant. Best example of this for me was on the paintings level.

I'm not goin into too much detail incase there are people yet to pick this up.

Anyone yet to get this... GET THIS. NOOOOOWWWWWW :D

Haha, I've only just seen this post. I've missed loads in here. Anyway, yes, I'm the one man promoter for Samba Di Amigo. Unfortunately, I've moved out of my student house, meaning I am no longer near my friend who owns the game. Going to have to buy it for meee. Aw well, it's a very worthy purchase.

Also, Zack and Wikipedia is awesome. Can't wait to see Ine again...just to play that. And love, of course. Love.

Why do 3rd parties still blank the Wii and DS?

The DS is the fastest selling system of all time.

The DS will, within this year likely, become the highest selling system of all time by quite a margin.

The DS also has several of the highest selling games of all time, including traditional titles like NSMB, MKDS at the top of the sales pile, as well as new social games like AC:WW and Nintendogs and Brain Training.

The DS still dominates the Japanese sales charts, as demonstrated by the famitsu top 500 for 2008.

The month before E3 2009, the DS sold a million in the US just with the launch of a new design, in APRIL.

3rd parties still give the DS the shaft at E3 2009

They are? I'm quite happy with the 3rd party support now. And that information doesn't show 3rd parties 'blanking' them, obviously Nintendo games are going to sell better. They're Nintendo games.

And they don't blank, they're being money hatted by the competition.

Just a quick 1, anyone know how much trade in I can get for boxed Wii (as new) in Gamestation? Cheers

Even if it's boxed, as in new, they'll ask you to open it for reasons that could involve it being stolen, etc. As for price, depends on whether it's cash or credit but I think it's about £75 credit, £60 cash.