NEurope

The original RRR was actually not a bad game. Although mini game collections in general are usually rubbish, its perhaps the best Mini game collection. But they really didn't need to start making annual sequels. I've only played the first one though. Though, perhaps we'll get some genuinely good ubi games in the second half of the generation. And at least next gen we know were going to get a whole bunch of ports of PS3 and 360 games from them.

The original RRR was actually not a bad game. Although mini game collections in general are usually rubbish, its perhaps the best Mini game collection. But they really didn't need to start making annual sequels.
I tend to agree with that. It was one of those nice "welcome to Wii!" games for me, like Luigi's Mansion on GameCube.

At the moment with my mates we're really into Boom Blox. It felt a bit short lived at first, but it became really deep once we got used to it. We keep coming up with clever/ugly tactics to force an error on others :awesome:

Although... we're gradually shifting more towards Wii Music now. Infectious stuff.

A couple of things I've realised about the mii channel

1. Everyone you play against Mario Kart online ends up in your parade

2. If someone sends you a mii, and then later changes it sending it back(the hair or whatever) it REPLACES the old Mii

Does anyone know what is going on with the release of Blast Blocks? It has been due to come out for ages and once again it has been put back. Who the hell is the publisher for this game anyway?

Blast Works is out and available on Amazon.co.uk. Its a reasonable £25 however it says its usually dispatched within 2-5 weeks which sounds a bit weird. And I know this isn't the bargain thread, but I just spotted via "the customers who usually bought this item also liked such-and-such" bit that Boom Blox is a mere £11.79!

LMBO.

I didnt even see that I had put Blast Blocks, my bad. I have been at work since 5 this morning and just got back in when I posted this. :)

EDIT: Gameplay have it listed as Feb aswell and Game havent even got it on the website yet!

I like the fact the guy is pretending it was all for his daughter. Great cake though.

My mate was out and about town today and I asked him to check GAME to see how much they were selling a bunch of games im after. They are Final Fantasy, Monster Lab, Sam and Max and Order Up, the only one they had in stock was Final Fantasy!

This is a disgrace seeing as Order up just came out last month and Sam & Max and Monster Lab just got released today. No wonder 3rd parties are having a hard time on the Wii when somewhere like GAME isnt even stocking their games on release day!

Guys got a quick question if you don't mind. I'm just trying to work out a process about the Wii friends code system.

Do you have to swap console codes AND individual game codes to play with your friends online? Or can you just swap console OR individual game codes?

If anyone could give me a quick run down of how it works, that would rock! :)

Thanks.

^ You only need to swap friend codes for a specific game that you want to play online. You don't need to swap console codes. All friend codes for online games are separate from the console one and you never have to swap console codes unless you want to send messages to one another.

So the console codes are only for the purpose of sending messages to one another? IE if you and I swap codes for Mario Strikers, we can play that together even tho we haven't swapped console codes?

Is this the same process for the DS?

Sorry I should really know this, but if I play my DS online I just play against randoms on Tetris :indeed:

Northfield resident Richard Garcia is working in a “recession-proof” industry on Division Street. He’s a video game designer for a company he founded 13 years ago called Monster Games.

“People will still pay for entertainment,” Garcia said, adding that profits throughout the video game industry are mostly on the rise, despite the national economic slump.

Garcia credits the steady increase to the growing public acceptance of video game playing as a “valid” form of entertainment. Nintendo’s recent widespread marketing of video games as “something for the whole family” with its latest “Wii” system has accelerated that acceptance, he said.

The success of the industry might be helping Garcia’s business thrive, but he said his location has also been a plus. The Twin Cities has a deep pool of talent, he said, and he can usually have his pick of designers since few other video game engineering firms exist nearby. Competition would be much stiffer on the West Coast, he said. Garcia has also hired a number of Carleton College graduates. Garcia, a Saint Paul native, is a 1988 graduate of Tufts University outside Boston.

Right now, the 20 employees at Monster Games are working on a top-secret video game for Nintendo. They’ve worked on it for two years and are nearly finished. The process is so private the designers must darken their monitors when the bottled-water deliveryman enters the office.

The company won Yahoo’s “Best Racing Game of 2006″ award for its last game for the Nintendo Wii called “Excite Truck.” Wendy’s fast-food restaurants across the nation, including the one in Northfield, promoted the game with Excite Truck kids’ meals. But, Garcia said, he believed few Northfielders ever realized the game’s designers lived right in the city.

Garcia is married and raising two daughters, who aren’t quite as avid video game players as he is, he said.

“I encourage them as much as possible,” he said, laughing.

The only bump Garcia foresees for the company in the near future is securing another contract with a video game developer once the contract with Nintendo ends.

“It is kind of nerve-racking,” he said. “Because, with this kind of work, it’s like having to find a new job every two years.”

locallygrownnorthfield

There is no console code for the DS. So its just the codes for individual games. Think of the Wii console code as a friend code for the Wii Message Board.

Northfield resident Richard Garcia is working in a “recession-proof†industry on Division Street. He’s a video game designer for a company he founded 13 years ago called Monster Games.

“People will still pay for entertainment,†Garcia said, adding that profits throughout the video game industry are mostly on the rise, despite the national economic slump.

Garcia credits the steady increase to the growing public acceptance of video game playing as a “valid†form of entertainment. Nintendo’s recent widespread marketing of video games as “something for the whole family†with its latest “Wii†system has accelerated that acceptance, he said.

The success of the industry might be helping Garcia’s business thrive, but he said his location has also been a plus. The Twin Cities has a deep pool of talent, he said, and he can usually have his pick of designers since few other video game engineering firms exist nearby. Competition would be much stiffer on the West Coast, he said. Garcia has also hired a number of Carleton College graduates. Garcia, a Saint Paul native, is a 1988 graduate of Tufts University outside Boston.

Right now, the 20 employees at Monster Games are working on a top-secret video game for Nintendo. They’ve worked on it for two years and are nearly finished. The process is so private the designers must darken their monitors when the bottled-water deliveryman enters the office.

The company won Yahoo’s “Best Racing Game of 2006″ award for its last game for the Nintendo Wii called “Excite Truck.†Wendy’s fast-food restaurants across the nation, including the one in Northfield, promoted the game with Excite Truck kids’ meals. But, Garcia said, he believed few Northfielders ever realized the game’s designers lived right in the city.

Garcia is married and raising two daughters, who aren’t quite as avid video game players as he is, he said.

“I encourage them as much as possible,†he said, laughing.

The only bump Garcia foresees for the company in the near future is securing another contract with a video game developer once the contract with Nintendo ends.

“It is kind of nerve-racking,†he said. “Because, with this kind of work, it’s like having to find a new job every two years.â€

locallygrownnorthfield

I guess this is good news. But why doesn't Nintendo just extend the contract. They need Hardcore teams right now. Anyway. I wonder what this is going to be. Perhaps F-Zero Wii?

Don't think it's F Zero Wii. I'd hope Nintendo would give Sega the job of doing that one again. Could perhaps be another Excite Truck style game. But that wouldn't explain the secrecy. Hmmm..... Now I'm intrigued to find out what it is.

Don't think it's F Zero Wii. I'd hope Nintendo would give Sega the job of doing that one again. Could perhaps be another Excite Truck style game. But that wouldn't explain the secrecy. Hmmm..... Now I'm intrigued to find out what it is.

Sega will have to get the same team that made F-Zero GX.

F Zero Wii using the same online system as mario kart, except 20 players instead of 12 with wii speak channel compatability. That would be a first day purchase for me.

Nintendo have two quality racer franchises, I think its time they announced the second one.

Games developed by Monster Games

1998 - Viper Racing (PC)

2000 - NASCAR Heat (PC)

2001 - NASCAR Heat 2002 (PlayStation 2, Xbox)

2002 - NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (GameCube, PlayStation 2)

2004 - Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (PlayStation 2, Xbox)

2006 - Excite Truck (Wii)

2009 - F-Zero WX?